• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSnakex said:
GT5's cockpit view isn't as active as Shift. The camera will shift forward when you brake hard or pull back a little when you hit the gas, but it's not as violent as Shift. As far as the sense of speed goes, it all depends on the car you're driving. When you go into the GT Life mode (the replacement for the GT Mode) you're going to have to start from the bottom with slower cars. Shift automatically throws you into some somewhat high end cars so you get a nice sense of speed right off the bat. You'll have to work you way up with GT. But once you do you'll end up with cars that give you a very nice sense of speed. For example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L023Gxp4pWM
Thanks for the response, and that YouTube is nuts. There were a couple of times I had to double-check that I was looking at the game version or the real one.

The cockpit view there also looked very workable, so that's a check on my list. But the sense of speed? Its hard to tell from that video. All I know is that Forza feels incredibly slow to me, even with the faster cars. Driving at 120mph in Forza 3 feels like driving 60mph in NFS.

So for now I get most of my playtime in NFS, but I'd really like to play with more fidelity to the driving physics and more realism to the make and model of the cars in terms of performance.

BeeDog

NullPointer said:
Thanks for the response, and that YouTube is nuts. There were a couple of times I had to double-check that I was looking at the game version or the real one.

The cockpit view there also looked very workable, so that's a check on my list. But the sense of speed? Its hard to tell from that video. All I know is that Forza feels incredibly slow to me, even with the faster cars. Driving at 120mph in Forza 3 feels like driving 60mph in NFS.

So for now I get most of my playtime in NFS, but I'd really like to play with more fidelity to the driving physics and more realism to the make and model of the cars in terms of performance.

If you think Forza's slow, you'll find GT5 (Prologue) to be slow too.

-viper-

Banned
BeeDog said:
If you think Forza's slow, you'll find GT5 (Prologue) to be slow too.
It all depends on the track. Wide tracks = slow. Narrow tracks = fast. But I think the sense of speed in GT5 looks better than GT5P.

Even GTPSP feels pretty fast with some good cars.

Larger screens

941103_20100817_screen001.jpg

941103_20100817_screen002.jpg

941103_20100817_screen003.jpg

941103_20100817_screen004.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo52/images.html

The shot of the SLS AMG is absolutely gorgeous.

BeeDog

torontoml said:
GTplanet Twitter:

WHOA - just got an email with some amazing details. You guys better buckle up for tomorrow!!! :O

I think I can trust GTPlanet not to hype small stuff.

*must.not.get.hyped*

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oddly enough i am getting kinda excited for this game. I am a bit of the opinion that the late release for this game has led way to others already accomplishing what this game wants to, but im hoping there is still something here that feels fresh.

I just hope they don't waste Vettel's appereance on the stage demoing stupid Hockenheim-ring.

Yeah, i know, i know, but try to think about unexpected surprises...

iceatcs

Help me!

Skidmark here, I couldn't find what's else I can bitching about? no Porsche?

[edit]
Cool, karting mode confirm.

Omiee

so now karting is confirmed that means track editior and rain and stuff will be confirmed as well right so that sony boss was right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom