• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
paczxc5.gif

What is this? It looks better than GT6.

Dem cracks in the sand.

MGR

It's borderline criminal that GT6 wasn't ported to PS4. Would've gladly paid full price again for the exact same game at a more stable 60fps 1920x1080 :(

I mounted my T500 again to try Forza Apex with a different wheel and wanted to use the opportunity to get the last missing gold for the all-gold S-license trophy. Planned for ~2 hours of trying to get it, judging by my last experience with this veyron @ascari event. Took me actually 15 minutes though, 5 were for a slow track walk. Guess my track-reading skills got better in the last 2 years.

Anyway, now I'm only missing the Autobarmy trophy by 1000km and the luck-based trophies for the platinum that sometimes ask for driving below your capabilities.

- finish with 0.1% of fuel left,
- win a one-make race on the finish-straight
- win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds

I read a few tips on how to do those, but I wonder how long it would take... how many times does one have to drive a oval race in a fast car trying to match speed with the guy in 2nd place. If those 3 should be doable in an hour, I might try it.

Did anyone here get those by grinding (meaning not having gotten lucky during regular play)? How long did it take?

A 1920x1080 locked 60fps GT6 on PS4, with all the sharing features and other advancements would have been amazing.

Great, but since that´s not happening i would also like to see the GT Academy 2016 (if there´s one) on PS4.

I know the game was delayed, but it´s not that hard to have one car one track ready. They did this in the past, so no reason not to do it again.

How much have you played?
80-100 hours, not counting b-spec grinding for money and km. About 6 hours of that were stuff that I probably wouldn't have bothered with like Goodwood and moon roving. 40-50 hours were just driving for fun and trying out cars and tracks and features, that didn't get me any closer to anything.

It really isn't a hard platinum at all and probably would be far less rare(0.8%) if the trophy list wouldn't be littered with stuff like you either get it by accident or not at all (win by a margin of 0.01s, win with less than 1% fuel remaining). Actually with the right car/event combination you can get each of those in 5-20 minutes.

That Veyron S-license test also might keep some people away, but if you turn off the racing line and plot your own ideal line and braking points that fit the car better, it's also not hard ...it's just the only event in the game that absolutely asks for that.

80-100 hours, not counting b-spec grinding for money and km. About 6 hours of that were stuff that I probably wouldn't have bothered with like Goodwood and moon roving. 40-50 hours were just driving for fun and trying out cars and tracks and features, that didn't get me any closer to anything.

It really isn't a hard platinum at all and probably would be far less rare(0.8%) if the trophy list wouldn't be littered with stuff like you either get it by accident or not at all (win by a margin of 0.01s, win with less than 1% fuel remaining). Actually with the right car/event combination you can get each of those in 5-20 minutes.

That Veyron S-license test also might keep some people away, but if you turn off the racing line and plot your own ideal line and braking points that fit the car better, it's also not hard ...it's just the only event in the game that absolutely asks for that.

Nice man, congratulations!

I'd love to jump in sometime, but my PS3 has been disconnected for 3 years now.

Is it worth picking up GT6 now? Not sure if I can wait for GTS, or if it can satisfy my GT needs even. I need GT in my veins dammit.

Can you play GT6 with a DS4?

Is it worth picking up GT6 now? Not sure if I can wait for GTS, or if it can satisfy my GT needs even. I need GT in my veins dammit.

Yes you can, but only via USB cable, I don't think wireless works.

The lighting still looks brilliant and with the right ToD you can have have some magic graphical moments even by today's standards. The career up to the final ending movie is also shorter and now (unlike when it was new) you can let the b-spec driver grind for credits and watch all the GT-vision videos, which are also PD-magic. Framerate can give you eye-cancer though, maybe switch your PS3 to 720p if you want to drive with the cockpit on and more than 7 opponents on the track.

Just wanted to add that it's dirt-cheap now, wanted to tell you 6 bucks or so... went to check, cheapest used copy on Amazon is 19€ in my country. Seems like you're not the only one who needed his GT kick and went with 6 when they delayed GTS to 2017, heh ;D

Ainsz

About the DS4 functionality. Oddly, it works fine in the menus but the game completely refuses to let you drive and there's no way for you to actually play the game rendering it pretty much useless. I think it has something to with the fact that the DS4's face buttons aren't pressure sensitive like on previous dualshocks. Even the triggers wont work either though.

Personally, I think removing the analogue features from the DS4 was a poor choice from Sony. But i guess they had to find way to cut costs all over the place during PS4's development.

Also, I guess this means no X and square driving for GT Sports for us old schoolers.

Ainsz

Does it still take hours to patch?
Yes. And it's a pain more so because it will fail to install a certain patch if you do the whole thing in one go. I forget the fine details on how to get around it but there's plenty of info on a few sites that explain the deal. Best to look it up before you start.

Angst

Yes. And it's a pain more so because it will fail to install a certain patch if you do the whole thing in one go. I forget the fine details on how to get around it but there's plenty of info on a few sites that explain the deal. Best to look it up before you start.
Good to know. Then I'll make sure to fire up GT6 a few days before the wife has a night out ☺️

Super LTTP, but I just completed the GT World Championships and I can't think of a more satisfying win! I was jumping up and down! After many tries I finally bought the Minolta 88V and was able to to just squeak by and get the bronze but 20 pts! It was a nail biter since during the races ,I came in 7th,1,3,1,and 12th! I was sure I had failed again until the final points board came up!

I actually dreamt about the racing last night!

Fossils-N-Dents

Neo Member
That second-to-last shot is pretty amazing!! Good stuff.

Thanks so much TylerDurden! After racing GT6 so much, I finally tried photomode. For me, it opened up an entirely new aspect of the game.

While not for everyone, I found it to be equally challenging to try and create a scrapbook of my exploits.

amar212 said:
That looks like a ps3 game.

That you came to a thread concerning Gran Turismo 6, I will assume you are a reporter for the Obvious News.

MW4UBOKh.jpg

There, I made it easier for ya.

Top Bottom