• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
The motion blur they use is also incredible. Not enough credit for that. In general the game looks stunning in motion when everything plays together despite it's cross gen nature. Something that is hard to capture in static shots.

For me it's the sky/weather/lighting that makes this game look amazing. The car models were already insane in Sport. All around a beautiful game. Just oozes quality

Oh shit new page my bad

Last edited:

omegasc

Been playing (doing Sardegnas actually lol) on the DualSense for a week (I moved and can't setup my rig yet) and it's amazing how good it feels to play it on the controller. My lap times are worse - and I use more fuel - because of years (a decade?) using wheels, but it was so fast to get used to it! The DualSense really can pass on lots more feedback: you know when you are on grass, or bumped a kerb or have wheelspin.
That said, I am giving up on the Dirt stuff. I can't get my head around it lol I am trying to gold one of the American circuits... managed to get gold on the sectors but the 1 lap challenge is too much for me. I am a tarmac driver and that's it haha

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Been playing (doing Sardegnas actually lol) on the DualSense for a week (I moved and can't setup my rig yet) and it's amazing how good it feels to play it on the controller. My lap times are worse - and I use more fuel - because of years (a decade?) using wheels, but it was so fast to get used to it! The DualSense really can pass on lots more feedback: you know when you are on grass, or bumped a kerb or have wheelspin.
That said, I am giving up on the Dirt stuff. I can't get my head around it lol I am trying to gold one of the American circuits... managed to get gold on the sectors but the 1 lap challenge is too much for me. I am a tarmac driver and that's it haha

A wheel user. That explains your times!
What are you using?

Lol not saying the wheel does all the work your def fast in any case.

Last edited:

GinSama

Anyone interested in create a championship?
I'm Trying to create something similar to BTCC or using the gr4 category.

But yeah anyone interested?

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
a Fanatec Podium DD and Clubsport V3 pedals
some things are easier on the controller! If you lose control on the wheel, chances are you are going to be a pendulum for quite some time, for example.

Nice set up. Dayum.

The fishtailing you mean?

Anyways a wheel and pedals are so more immersive. Cool stuff!

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Anyone interested in create a championship?
I'm Trying to create something similar to BTCC or using the gr4 category.

But yeah anyone interested?
You mean like racing in custom lobbies and writing down the points? Sounds cool. Seems just impossible to get people together in here.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
This may not be very healthy, but it sure is fun! 🔥 (also, I can't type now)

1E0EADm.jpg

Con-Z-epT

I finally bought the McLaren F1. I love the Gr.2 version and hate the Gr.3 one. The original road car however is a whole nother level of crazy. Like a wild untamed beast. 300km/h in the third gear. :messenger_grinning_sweat: Could use a lot more downforce and is also quite sensitive to rough steering on higher speed. But it's a lot of fun to race around with it.

52584985247_1bc77dbae7_o.png

52585975108_d5f103a488_o.png

52585717584_69fbc7ae66_o.png

52585975048_9a9d913cae_o.png

GinSama

You mean like racing in custom lobbies and writing down the points? Sounds cool. Seems just impossible to get people together in here.
Yeah something like that. Full season with x number of tracks, standings, teams etc.

I notice that sometime you guys play. So maybe we can can do something more.

Con-Z-epT

Yeah something like that. Full season with x number of tracks, standings, teams etc.

I notice that sometime you guys play. So maybe we can can do something more.
Hell i would love to pull that of but after countless custom online lobbies i kinda lost hope. We never managed to get more than 5 people together. Different timezones is also a huge hurdle.

It could gain enough traction in a separate thread but I wouldn't bet on it. If you try this i would contribute as much as I can.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Is gt7 ok for single player? Does it have progression campaign? I am not a racing guy at all and if anything, I play arcade racers.
And what is it about it not being playable off-line at all. Is that true? Getting it on disc is a waste of money?

I am not sure I am getting any racing game now. I disliked last two forza horizon games... But I've been checking out some videos of gt7 and it looks relaxing and very impressive graphically.
Would you say it's ok for a total racing noob to just get in some races and watch the views? Or just get new need for speed? :p

Also, maybe that is because my buddy got full fanatec dd1 setup and I've seen how kinda bad assetto corsa, iracing and other sim games look. They look bland and lack any sense of speed... and the menus, settings and everything just gives me a headache :p But said that - I might be interested to try some dualsense gt7 for fun and comparison

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Is gt7 ok for single player? Does it have progression campaign? I am not a racing guy at all and if anything, I play arcade racers.
better than any other racer when it comes to singleplayer... though i'd recommend you play GT4 via emulation or on a PS2, IMO that's the best in the series. I don't know if this one has as much freedom as that one in terms of singleplayer.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
better than any other racer when it comes to singleplayer... though i'd recommend you play GT4 via emulation or on a PS2, IMO that's the best in the series. I don't know if this one has as much freedom as that one in terms of singleplayer.
Thanks but for sure I am not interested in emulation yet.
Surprising hearing gt7 is the one for good singleplayer! It can't be worse then forza "it's your festival, have a ferrari and your cuck polished"... I couldn't stand those games :p

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It can't be worse then forza "it's your festival, have a ferrari and your cuck polished"... I couldn't stand those games :p
lol i loved Horizon 5, the singleplayer in that game is actually quite good. It's just that gran turismo simulates an actual racing career, from sunday races with family SUVs and hatchbacks to full on sports car racing and F1, it covers all that and everything inbetween. It doesn't do everything well, (people have reported on the rally races and physics being quite bad, recommend getting Dirt Rally 2.0 for that instead) but the majority of stuff will be quite fun and it feels more like a car game to me than any other racer. I wish other racing games had this much love for the sport as Gran Turismo does

Con-Z-epT

And what is it about it not being playable off-line at all. Is that true? Getting it on disc is a waste of money?

I am not sure I am getting any racing game now. I disliked last two forza horizon games... But I've been checking out some videos of gt7 and it looks relaxing and very impressive graphically.
Would you say it's ok for a total racing noob to just get in some races and watch the views? Or just get new need for speed? :p

Also, maybe that is because my buddy got full fanatec dd1 setup and I've seen how kinda bad assetto corsa, iracing and other sim games look. They look bland and lack any sense of speed... and the menus, settings and everything just gives me a headache :p But said that - I might be interested to try some dualsense gt7 for fun and comparison
Yes, the game requires an internet connection to be able to play 95% of it's content. If the servers go down or you loose your connection you are left with the arcade mode of the game, which is not a lot. To be fair we only had one instance in the first month after release where the servers went down for about 24h-36h. Everything else is scheduled maintenance for a short period of time. So decide for yourself if this is a deal breaker or not.

The game itself features a very lean learning curve. I haven't played a sim racer in a decade before starting GT7 and i had no issues. If you do struggle you can always adjust the difficulty for the events. But even then it's not an arcade racer. If you want gold in everything the game has to offer you have to work for it. The core racing experience is incredibly addictive.

The cafe menus (campaign) sure are a deviation from older GT titles but do a great job of getting you familiar with everything the game has to offer. It's a celebration of car culture and if you are willing to read through the optional information the game has a lot to give. Especially after 9 months of free updates there is a huge amount of content in the game.

Last edited:

GinSama

The only thing I don't like from the single player is pretty much all the races are catch the leader .....nothing wrong with that....but they could implement a weekend schedule with practice, qualifying etc.

Not a lot of sim racing for console do that but fine.

I really like pc3 it came to die straight away but I enjoy a lot the game. Forza 7 got way better in the last 1/2 years. To late for a lot of people.

I would say that even with always online, gt7 is probably one of the best single player in the consoles , i would like them to work on the ia, well they are doing already,

Last edited:

You have licenses to earn, Cafe menu races to complete, missions and circuits to master and get gold medals. There is a ton of content, not forgetting multiplayer as well. I wouldn't call GT hard, just don't think you can slam the break in a corner and drift through it like nothing happened. If one of your wheels is caught on the grass or gravel you have a good chance of spinning out. You have plenty of visual cues to help you, adjusting your break speed and apex cornering etc. OH and lets not forget the Scapes...where you will spend 10s of hours taking photos of cars :D It is always online, I mean in todays day and age it doesn't bother me because we are online 24/7 and if I didnt have internet access, not being able to play GT7 would be the last of my problems. Unless you want to take a 10 day vacation to North Pole then yea, you cant play the game there.

GinSama GinSama

Yeah I agree. Even in most sport races its rolling start, not sure is it a technical thing but I just don't get why for single-player we cant like in MP qualify for a position versus just always starting at the back of the pack. For me if I had a bad comment about the game its color change of your car. Its just so convoluted and backwards I dont know what they were thinking. Something that should be so simple, they make you go through like 4 menus just to change the color of your car. I really hope someone is listening because all they have to do is add the option in your garage and charge you on the spot. And why is the color displayed only on a Supra instead of the car you actually want to buy the color for lol. Im not sure what their thought process was here.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Default settings, which I believe is high?

(1) It is very immersive, and (2) the default settings, which is what the developers intended.
This. They did tweak them since launch. The ABS used to beat the snots out of the left trigger to the point of grinding noises, but it has been adjusted, thankfully. They also added more feedback for the tire slipping in the haptics which I thoroughly enjoy.

Con-Z-epT

This. They did tweak them since launch. The ABS used to beat the snots out of the left trigger to the point of grinding noises, but it has been adjusted, thankfully. They also added more feedback for the tire slipping in the haptics which I thoroughly enjoy.
And the feedback changes depending on the camera angle you use or the car you drive. It's one of the best implementations so far. Like if the DualSense was made for GT7.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I always have and had problems ( breaking) regarding the transition from the start/zero point/trail braking to a full stop.

Maybe my left index finger has polio.

sncvsrtoip

In conjunction with something that will help you concentrate.

Hey fellow DualSense users. I have a question for you all.

What setting do you use for your left and right triggers?

Hard/medium/off? And why?
I play on t150pro but some top pad players founds off as faster (tough less immersive)

omegasc

Dont know :d not a pad user but remember Calster (one of fastest European pad players) wrote on Kie stream he plays with off
I hear that for some wheel users as well... some still rocking their G25 with very low or no FFB. I believe it's all up to the user in the end. Some get distracted by the FFB or something. I can't drive with no FFB or no sound (headphone batt dies mid race when I forget to change lol). One of my friends can't talk while racing, he has to be fully concentrated and mutes us all during quali/race lol

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I play on t150pro but some top pad players founds off as faster (tough less immersive)

After a couple laps I immediately put brake on off and that felt much better.

That way the whole trigger's range of motion is gradual for lack of a better explanation.

With the medium and high setting there's point that requires harder input but beyond that point there's still a margin at play.

Maybe your left index finger just wants to go fast. :messenger_grinning:

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I hear that for some wheel users as well... some still rocking their G25 with very low or no FFB. I believe it's all up to the user in the end. Some get distracted by the FFB or something. I can't drive with no FFB or no sound (headphone batt dies mid race when I forget to change lol). One of my friends can't talk while racing, he has to be fully concentrated and mutes us all during quali/race lol

I can't race without sound. Need that feedback so much.

Still. Gonna give all settings a fair chance and see what sticks.

Last edited:

omegasc

On the DualSense, I'm using strong for triggers and I like it. I lowered the sensitivity in the analogs. It's insane how enjoyable the game is on wheel or controller.
I can't do the same laptimes as on the wheel and use more fuel, but it's still awesome to play.

On the DualSense, I'm using strong for triggers and I like it. I lowered the sensitivity in the analogs. It's insane how enjoyable the game is on wheel or controller.
I can't do the same laptimes as on the wheel and use more fuel, but it's still awesome to play.
I suggest Strong for brake and Weak for Gas. You'll only feel resistance when you car is losing traction, on the gas pedal. I find it similar to WRC9 and 10, and is the best in relation to reality, where the gas pedal is much weaker than the brake one.

On another note, I'm playing GT1, and will go through all the games. It will take months I know, but you know what's the best part? When I arrive on GT7, it will be an even better game, with at least 20 more cars and maybe new tracks. Cherry on top. GT1 still plays really well, and has a great carreer structure

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Silvered Nords tt (at least for now), it was harder than golding on many others tt 😬

Congrats. Did you use a setup or stock settings?

Btw, I'm not sure why but the game feels *easier* for some reason. Like the chicane in Goodwood. Guess it's the dualsense at play? Weird. Can't put my finger on it, yet

Last edited:

sncvsrtoip

Congrats. Did you use a setup or stock settings?

Btw, I'm not sure why but the game feels *easier* for some reason. Like the chicane in Goodwood. Guess it's the dualsense at play? Weird. Can't put my finger on it, yet
Setup, first used Kie25 but was too sketchy for me so used other found on gtplanet.

Con-Z-epT

Will you ban me if I say I don't care about Nords?
I never liked it but GT7 made me appreciate the track. The fact that i was on the circuit this year in real life further solidified this for me. But even then it's a love hate relationship. For many very cool sections it has there also many parts i don't like. I guess it comes from the fact that it is so long and when you mess up in a single corner it can ruin many minutes of a good lap.

What i wanted to say is that it's surely not unreasonable to not like the track. There are other tracks i can't stand so as always its just a matter of personal preference and taste. Good that we have so many racing circuits in the game!

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I never liked it but GT7 make me appreciate the track. The fact that i was on the circuit this year in real life further solidified this for me. But even then it's a love hate relationship. For many very cool sections it has there also many parts i don't like. I guess it comes from the fact that it is so long and when you mess up in a single corner it can ruin many minutes of a good lap.

What i wanted to say is that it's surely not unreasonable to not like the track. There are other tracks i can't stand so as always its just a matter of personal preference and taste. Good that we have so many racing circuits in the game!

When I still had a PSVR I'd chose the Sprinter Trueno 86 and went for a night ride.. Good memories

Top Bottom