• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

OmegaDL50

Looks...like the PS3 games.

If it at all resembles the photomode of the PS3 games in real time gameplay while maintaining a high framerate, I really don't see much room for issue, even so coming only 3 years after GT6, which means not very long development.

Even GT6 despite being a PS3 game it's footage showcased in the Next-Gen Racing Photo thread was impressive considering the competition of games on the PS4 / XB1.

I'm pretty sure the 7 to 77 confirms this is basically 7, or part of it. Sounds like with VR and all the network features of PS4, they are releasing the game and then adding to it for years to come.

JP

Love the FIA stuff, although iI'll merely be one of the minions that adds points to my country/manufacturer rather than having any chance of winning anything.

It makes a change for him to not walk on the stage and start talking about how many bazillions of polygons each car is going to have. Of course, I'm dying to know exactly how many bazillions of polygons each car will have.

OmegaDL50

Not a numbered interaction..... this could be a really bad move.

I said this earlier, Perhaps they are dropping the numbering system due to the expectations of people expecting bigger and better things by association of calling it "GT7"

By just calling it GT Sport they can focus on something smaller in scale and not have the expectations of being iterate sequel game.

Yep, that's F1 under that banner.

bernie-ecclestone-shax7s85.jpg

Worst Polyphony trailer ever.

Volcane

He talked loads about it, but I still don't know what it is. Looks to be a stripped down version for the esports racing community.

It doesn't seem aimed at the average joe.

Ploid 3.0

Was expecting graphics on Par with DC

I need to see the HD trailer, on the stream it looked great, but compensating for the artifacting of the stream. The color and lighting looked great for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing more on this.

AndyD

aka andydumi
He talked loads about it, but I still don't know what it is. Looks to be a stripped down version for the esports racing community.

It doesn't seem aimed at the average joe.

This is my take. A sample of manufacturers and cars for them to test out the engine and social features in an accessible to all e-sports approach.

Like a prologue but with online and leaderboard and social focus.

farisr

Honestly, this feels like Gran Turismo HD, Prologue all over again.

Expecting the next proper, numbered GT to come out PS5 launch year now.

on PS4

Looks nice, I really hope this isnt some truncated GT game like prologue sold at full price. It sounds like it will be Epic, but at this point, I think everyone will expect at least 200 PS4-level cars and at least 10 unique tracks with multiple variations each.

If all they did was port GT6, and redo the visuals, that would be a great start.

Niks

Watched the trailer.. Still don't know what Gt sport is.

Also I guess this means GT7 will be a 2017 game.

So this is a stealth GT7 Prologue, with a skin of an FIA license covering up what will be a low amount of content compared to a major release? I'm okay with this! GT5P had plenty to play and offered a lot including online racing and leaderboards. So long as it's not $60.
I know it will be $60.

It's more a big deal because it'll be shoved out for PSVR where it can be a system seller immediately without leaving a GT release up to question marks for people. FIA license is also huge and was probably pricey but they can get almost infinite amount of use from it if they'd like.

Trevelyan

Banned
Considering that the PS Blog calls this the next iteration of Gran Turimso, it very well may be GT7 - which I'm fine with. Gran Turismo is larger than just a numbered series, and Sport subtitle I think encapsulates the GT community nicely.

Woodchipper

I...don't know what this is supposed to be. Is "Sport" supposed to be a hint, because it means nothing to me in this context.
It basically means that Gran Turismo will be a new form of motorsport, if I'd have to guess. It's a huge deal obviously, but I hope there'll be a "normal" GT game within it, or perhaps this Sport bit is just a part of GT7.

OmegaDL50

Honestly, this feels like Gran Turismo HD, Prologue all over again.

Expecting the next proper, numbered GT to come out PS5 launch year now.

on PS4

You do realize that GT6 came out on time and wasn't delayed right?

Why is it because one game gets delayed people have the expectation every game thereafter is going to get delayed as well.

driver116

This is the next GT game. Leaving the numbering behind is practically relaunching the franchise. Kaz said it would be a game that would
match the very era that we live in
This fits perfectly with this vision.

sam777

Not necessarily. F1 rights belong to CVC and FOM, they're negotiated separately. The same for WRC. FIA is only the governing body sanctioning either series.

With that said, one can hope that Polyphony can leverage both.

I highly doubt this game will include the full F1 rights. As they very controlling over it.

BadWolf

So this is GT7 basically, huh? Very nice, looking forward to gameplay footage. Hopefully car sounds have been improved.

Alo0oy

Banned
I think they're calling it GT Sport because they expect this to be an evergreen PS4 title that gets updated regularly throughout the generation, I don't think GT needs multiple releases per gen, they only need to update the title regularly.

psylah

You do realize that GT6 came out on time and wasn't delayed right?

Why is it because one game gets delayed people have the expectation every game thereafter is going to get delayed as well.

GT4 was heavily delayed as well. AND they had promised online play. Still salty about that.

Woodchipper

I think they're calling it GT Sport because they expect this to be an evergreen PS4 title that gets updated regularly throughout the generation, I don't think GT needs multiple releases per gen, they only need to update the title regularly.
I agree on this.

Top Bottom