• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

WTH? I really expected more. DriveClub looks better and has more advanced techs.

Blame VR.

Blame 60fps. It was never going to have more advanced tech than Driveclub

I still don't even know wtf the game is btw. That was a rambling presentation which kind of went nowhere. Yay for licenses and 100 years of tournaments or something?

Alo0oy

Banned
For the people wondering how successful this "Sport" can be, over 100 million people watch GT Academy every year.

3UjrtYM.jpg

Jigolo

How are you guys judging the graphics already? We barely got a glimpse and you guys are already jumping to conclusions.

BeeDog

Can't say I understand shit about this game yet, but I'm sorta glad a new GT is coming soon. Let's hope PD actually target rock-solid 60 fps this time around.

I, literally, have more questions than I did before the game was revealed.

Is this still a "full" GT experience?
Is it online only?
Does it have licence tests and race series?
Can I buy cars and tune them?

I have too many questions.

OmegaDL50

There is no Prologue. Kaz stated at the beginning that it's called Sport because expectations have raised considerably with the move to PS4, and as a result GT Sport is more than just GT7.

Perhaps they are dropping the numbering system due to the expectations of people expecting bigger and better things by association of calling it "GT7"

So instead they are going with the GT Sport angle? Or is this just some stop gap project before the actual GT7 releases?

DrTrouserPlank

Neo Member
I hate to be a downer on this but unless they can get sensible about properly supporting more than 1 wheel, this release is almost utterly inconsequential to me. I'm not playing GT with a control pad.

Hopefully they can sort the wheel situation out, but I'm highly doubtful.

Mobius 1

I, literally, have more questions than I did before the game was revealed.

Is this still a "full" GT experience?
Is it online only?
Does it have licence tests and race series?
Can I buy cars and tune them?

I have too many questions.

1. Probably not, motorsport focused only.
2. Probably not.
3. Most certainly, to welcome new players.
4. Unlikely, in order to have a wide competition the races will be spec-only.

Is this a full game?

At least it's a new-gen GT in some capacity. I hope we'll actually drive historical cars like the Can-Am (?) shown in that reel of old footage.

Namikaze

Wasn't there a rumor about a GT Sport game coming out around E3? I swore I heard something but I basically assumed it was fake.

Anyways, great trailer. I hope I'll get a chance to try out the beta next year.

ethomaz

Banned
2. Probably not.
I do thing it is yes for all question.

BTW you can always tune your car lol

OmegaDL50

2. Probably not.

You know it's funny because one of the common arguments against those that try to detract against the GT series use the "It's a Driving Simulator, not a Racing game" angle.

Having a game title GT Sport kind of kills that, no?

Still a purely motorsports / non-commercial racing car only GT game does sound interesting.

Now here is hoping realism is up to spec to be respectful of expectations of a game that is solely being motorsport focused in entirely. This would imply blown out tires, over revved engines to the point of damage, and less bumper car physics and proper implemented collision system.

I mean if they plan to make a more realistic racing game focusing on the motorsports angle, then surely these things are important other than just the history aspect of it.

Prototype

Wish there would have been more game info. Sounds nice and all with the Fia stuff, but what improvements are they making to the game?

You know it's funny because one of the common arguments against those that try to detract against the GT series use the "It's a Driving Simulator, not a Racing game" angle.

Having a game title GT Sport kind of kills that, no?

Still a purely motorsports / non-commercial racing car only GT game does sound interesting.

Now here is hoping realism is up to spec to be respectful of expectations of a game that is solely being motorsport focused in entirely. This would imply blown out tires, over revved engines to the point of damage, and less bumper car physics and proper implemented collision system.

I mean if they plan to make a more realistic racing game focusing on the motorsports angle, then surely these things are important other than just the history aspect of it.

I think these are things that will be a massive focus, to be honest. In the end, as well, if it's entirely motorsport, if it removes the production models, then they can focus on things like real damage - tyres, engine, body. There's definitely something to be said for a motorsport only Gran Turismo, but I like the driving aspects and collection aspects of Gran Turismo more than the racing.

eFKac

I didn't mind the long talk, but I honestly didn't hear much from it.

What is it? A spinoff, a new mainline game, will the the driving model be the same? VR? Full priced?

I was surprisingly excited when they announced it, got to admit. Footage didn't look spectacular but it was a stream. Don't expect it to look better than DriveClub though.

Anyway, day 1 I mean it's fucking Gran Turismo.

p3n

If they somehow manage to make that "vision" happen, it could be the biggest step forward for racing sims/games. All the stuff people have been doing seperately from the games for years - now integrated and more accessible for everyone with the right amount of motivation to actually take part.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Saving for PSX, like everything else in that conference practically.

Needed some solid footage to go with the announcement. Same for Detroit.

dakun

yeah i'm a huge fan but i'll wait for more details on this.. they revealed pretty much nothing of value... and not calling it GT7 gives me bad visions of this being nothing more than a Prologue/Academy type of situation meaning that once again they are taking years for a full on racing game while the competition blows them out of the water each and every year.

Thank the Sony God for Driveclub

Top Bottom