• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

PD did this once with GT5: Prologue! :D so they should make it 480fps next time!

YLcRCh.jpg
I know you guys were joking, but at 120-150fps the human eye/brain is at its limits. That's why nVidia has tools for 144Hz Monitors to froce motion blur off in games. At such framerates the motion blur comes naturally... like waving your hand very fast infront of your eyes.

I know you guys were joking, but at 120-150fps the human eye/brain is at its limits. That's why nVidia has tools for 144Hz Monitors to froce motion blur off in games. At such framerates the motion blur comes naturally... like waving your hand very fast infront of your eyes.

You don't need to move your hand fast in front of your eyes to make motion blur.

You just have to not track the motion of your hand with your eyes.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Not everything is about graphics. I can easily tell the difference if I play at 120 Hz or 200 Hz because of controls.

Not everything is about graphics. I can easily tell the difference if I play at 120 Hz or 200 Hz because of controls.
The physics engine runs on a much higher framerate anyway. Or did I get you wrong and you are saying that lowering the lag for a possible response from 8.3ms to 5ms helps you drive better?

Yiazmat

Made to wait four years and all PS4 owners are getting is the shit tier edition of GT Sport

download-lol-gifs-123.gif

Fuck off Sony.

I'm glad I didn't bought the beta PS4. I can see GTS standard having framedrops, worst shadows and textures and reduced weather effects. And GTS premium having a locked fps, self reflections and better AA.

Wow. I didn't think of reading into it exactly like that, but when you put it that way... fuck. Almost rather play the freemium Forza on PC instead :/

Will be fucking crazy if true, although if it is the case, I guess I'll be purchasing a new PS4K, already got a 4K TV so would make sense to upgrade anyway.

Wow if Polyphony would actually extend dev time just to put in resources into PS4K. Sony really trying their damnedest to make GT6 sales not an outlier.

nib95

Banned
Made to wait four years and all PS4 owners are getting is the shit tier edition of GT Sport

download-lol-gifs-123.gif

Fuck off Sony.

Yea, it's pretty shit. If the PS4 version ends up running like crap, there'll be some major fallout. Same thing with God of War 4. Hopefully they both still look and run great on the standard hardware.

French magazine Turbo made a VERY nice feature on Kaz and Greenawalt, visiting their studios, talking philosophies and car passion. We can see a Lambo Venemo being modeled at Polyphony :

Dro0XmX.png

the entire features (in french, require a email registration) :
http://www.6play.fr/turbo-p_884/Emission-du-03-avril-c_11562776

Going from what GTplanet is saying, Kaz mentions that developing Sport is giving him the same feeling that he had when making GT1. He also feels it's a bigger step than GT5/6. So he feels this is a new beginning for the series.

Onemic

Going from what GTplanet is saying, Kaz mentions that developing Sport is giving him the same feeling that he had when making GT1. He also feels it's a bigger step than GT5/6. So he feels this is a new beginning for the series.

What exactly is different about GT Sport anyway? I havent kept up with anything on the game.

Did he mention any feelings for a release date?

klier

Yeah, nice and all. But MS will have Forza 8 by the time a new GT launches.

And I wish it wasn't like that, I bought an Xbone just for Forza. But I don't want no Xbone, I want my PS4 with proper racing games. And no, don't start about crap like Driveclub please. Or Project Cars.

And I wish it wasn't like that, I bought an Xbone just for Forza. But I don't want no Xbone, I want my PS4 with proper racing games. And no, don't start about crap like Driveclub please. Or Project Cars.

Both good games

I hope they reveal all at E3 instead of doing tiered release of info. E3 trailer + info, Gamescom Trailer, TGS trailer/launch trailer and 2016 fall release pls.

Metfanant

Is GT6 still a good sim compared to say pCars? Ive been itching for a GT game.
GT6 is a good SIM...but its more of what GT5 2.0 IMO than anything...its much more of what GT5 should have been from the get go...

its less of a hardcore SIM than pCARS, as it falls in the same category as Forza...its definitely a sim though, and IMO a good game...it would have been much more well received had it been a PS4 launch window title...

thats an interesting comment, considering that pCARS is much more of a "proper racing game" than GT ever will be...

Did he mention any feelings for a release date?

Sadly nothing about that. :/

Is GT6 still a good sim compared to say pCars? Ive been itching for a GT game.

I haven't played pCars, so I can't compare the two. But GT6 is great. Lots of content as you'd expect, and they did a good job of supporting it after the release with new free updates. The Sierra Time Rally is the best example of that. It's literally Outrun in Gran Turismo.

Mascot

French magazine Turbo made a VERY nice feature on Kaz and Greenawalt, visiting their studios, talking philosophies and car passion. We can see a Lambo Venemo being modeled at Polyphony :

Dro0XmX.png

For those without time to view, a summary:

Greenawalt: Car lovers into gamers, gamers into car lovers... incubate... image-based lighting... my beard has mites... poster of a Lamborghini... young boy.

Kaz: What the fuck is a calendar?

ShamePain

Banned

Dro0XmX.png

It's cool that Kaz drove the french guy in his Nissan GTR and Dan in his Ford Mustang. Kaz drives automatic, Dan drives manual. Dan also has a dreamcast and a gamecube stashed next to his work station.

GHG

If you're looking for a sim racing game and you have a ps4 or a decent PC just do yourself a favour and get Project Cars GOTY edition which comes out on the 6th May. It's that simple really.

ShamePain

Banned
If you're looking for a sim racing game and you have a ps4 or a decent PC just do yourself a favour and get Project Cars GOTY edition which comes out on the 6th May. It's that simple really.
Or wait a bit for Assetto Corsa and have an actual simulation game, rather than the garbage that is PCars.

offshore

It's already beginning to look like Sony might achieve the unthinkable i.e. mismanaging GT worse this generation than they did in the PS3 era. At least at this point in the PS3's life we'd had a real decent game in GT5:p.

I wonder what effect (if any) developing GT6 for the PS3 had on the PS4 versions.

Top Bottom