• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport: Around 1.5 Million Players Participates in Daily Events

ethomaz

Banned
I found that number reading a new in GTPlanet and I found interesting and choose to share it here ;)

In the pre-event presentation, Yamauchi revealed that the game had seen some 3.5 million players participating in “casual” lobby races. The official Daily Races accounted for around 1.5 million players, but the flagship FIA Championship events numbered only 358,000. How then can GT Sport encourage more players to move from the casual events to the more regulated ones?

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-paris-interview-part-3/

That is only the official Daily Events.

If we look at the "casual" lobby races per day that number jumps to around 3.5m.
And the FIA Chanpionship events accounts for avg. 358k participantes.

That give us how an ideia of the recently activity of the game.

Great Hair

Banned
I nearly bought it. I just want ma GT4 to look prettier, is that too hard to understand?! KAZ ... dont get me wrong, if you dig GTS ... enjoy it, but it is not a GT if there is no old school shitty Suzuki from 83 to level up.

I FUCKING MISS SUNDAY CUPS!!!

On a serious note, the licensing issue is what keeps Sony from making a remaster or reboot of prev. GTs right? Are we talking cars and/or music? Just give me GT4 in HDR 4K60 with updates visuals, textures, GT Sport sounds ... im so close getting a used PS3 and GT5+6.

On a serious note, the licensing issue is what keeps Sony from making a remaster or reboot of prev. GTs right? Are we talking cars and/or music? Just give me GT4 in HDR 4K60 with updates visuals, textures, GT Sport sounds ... im so close getting a used PS3 and GT5+6.

Cars, definitely. Songs could easily be removed or replaced but the cars are more fundamental to the game, and with 700+ cars (some of which belonging to now-defunct manufacturers too)... yeah, licencing would be tricky. Especially so when it probably wouldn't sell anywhere near as much as a new GT game would for return on investment.

Mihos

Gold Member
I nearly bought it. I just want ma GT4 to look prettier, is that too hard to understand?! KAZ ... dont get me wrong, if you dig GTS ... enjoy it, but it is not a GT if there is no old school shitty Suzuki from 83 to level up.

Fixing up the hoopties was my favorite part of the old GTs

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

You are not missing anything I guess...

+ There is Sunday Cup since December 2017 and it is added more and more "old" school events in boring/useless GT League every month.
+ There is upgrade since day one... you can boost your car to win these "old" school events in GT League just like old GTs.

There is no license issue with old GTs I guess... GT5/GT6 used old GT cars just fine (and ugly)... it is just makes no sense to do a remake for a racing game when the new game can have everything the old had.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Contrary to popular opinion, I think it's really great entry in the series and I really enjoyed what I've played so far.
It is not unpopular in any way... to be fair most critics were about content than the game experience.
It is probably the most polished GT the studio ever created.

I'm biased and I loved GT5 more than GT6 but the experience in GTS is miles ahead the previous games.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I guess the servers here are not shutting down anytime soon, he he, but yes GTS is a very popular game online

As for the old GT's, our best hopes lie on the patent seen earlier this year with BC. If we can play these old games at 4k 60fps with improved textures, TAA and 16x AF, That'd be swell....

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm sure the gameplay is very good but for me fixing up all kinds of cars and collecting them too was a huge part of the experience. I skipped this one but I'm glad to see the series doing well.

Last edited:

pop_tarts

GTS is what made me go out and buy a wheel and rig, and I've had nothing but fun with it. Even though the content was lacking when it first launched. I still use the cars that came with the game in each group that existed. Ferrari 458 GT3/4 even though its a slippery beast, its a beast none the less and fun to master. I really enjoy the earning license aspect, which I wish Forza would add kinda tired of the fluff...Anyway the only reason why I don't do the FIA events, because 1 time and 2 I'm just not good enough yet. Until I'm able to hang with the top people I will continue doing daily races. And continue soaking up the free content each month.

EDMIX

oh wow, this is news to me. I didn't know that many GT fans really actively played like that. I'm hoping for a GT7 announcement with PS5, but I feel its a ways off (could even be for PS4)

Top Bottom