• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

The way the car moves, the shift in weight and tyre spin, looks so real. GTS drift videos are going to look amazing.
This is real drifting:
giphy.gif

Look at the front wheels. Normally you have to countersteer to keep the drift.

countersteer-1.jpg

If you do this in Gran Turismo, it's very easy for the car to snap to the opposite side. So it's easier to keep the balance of the drift by just keeping the wheel straight.

So, that gif basically shows why GT drifting physics are not so good.

Unknown?

This is real drifting:
giphy.gif

countersteer-1.jpg

If you do this in Gran Turismo, it's very easy for the car to snap to the opposite side. So it's easier to keep the balance of the drift by just keeping the wheel straight.

Wat... Dude even in old GTs you counter steer to do drifts. If you have to keep your wheels straight to pull it off you just need practice.

I think the right way of drifting without the benefit of a good-for-drifting tire is to deflate the tire drastically, then heat the tire up (in a burnout or however) until the tire pressure is up again to get a normal contact patch on a very hot tire. ...riiiight, there is no tire pressure in GT and tire temps aren't shown anywhere (and how tire temp is affecting anything is underdone even a lot more than in Forza anyway).

I think PD should just offer a drift tire compound that works for slow drifts in which you want the rear tires spinning all the time but at different slip ratios.

Wat... Dude even in old GTs you counter steer to do drifts. If you have to keep your wheels straight to pull it off you just need practice.
I don't say you 'have to' but I feel in real life it's easier to keep the balance of the drift by counter steering, while in GT I haven't found it to be the case.

Unknown?

I don't say you 'have to' but I feel in real life it's easier to keep the balance of the drift by counter steering, while in GT I haven't found it to be the case.
Well for one, do you use a quality racing wheel to play and two, do you drift with 300-700hp cars irl? Either way I also find it difficult but that's because I have little experience drifting and choose not to most of the time.

Well for one, do you use a quality racing wheel to play and two, do you drift with 300-700hp cars irl? Either way I also find it difficult but that's because I have little experience drifting and choose not to most of the time.
I own both a driving force gt and g27, which I used with GT6. In GT Sport I just use the regular controller, but I already see drifting is still the same.
I've never drifted in real life the way you see in the gif I posted, but when I was 20 years old I had an old manual, rwd, 143hp, 1.000 kg BMW with no assists, and I know how the wheel should feel when the rear loses grip and the car starts drifting. And I know that in real life, changing from drifting on one side to the opposite side is not as easy, and doesn't happen unvoluntarily as often as GT Sports physics seem to suggest.

This is real drifting:

You've played GT right? Get a high powered car and drift it. It doesn't snap when you countersteer. Got to have good throttle control.

Mihku

Racing online on Dragon Trail is so fun and exciting. It's incredible!!
The course is great, but I absolutely hate the huge increase in aggressiveness of players lately. Safety rating B races feel like a crash test dummy course at times. Without damage safety rating does not work, there's hardly any disadvantage to just ram your way to the front. Time penalties also seem barely existant.

Sebmugi

It would be really great to see the brakes start to heat to the point of clearing the smoking oO

I do not know you, but I noticed but not really sure that in GT sport the flame returns to the exhaust causes a kind of condensation of heat on the metal of the exhaust ..
it is hard to grasp but I ' Would try to make a GIF to illustrate my purpose .. or else it is something else but it happens that something ^^

nice kostacurtas ^^

These 1:49 times on Dragon's Trail with the GT-R are pretty insane. Seems like I hit a brick wall with a 1:50,998, just no room for improvement left.

l2ounD

All we know as of now is that it's set for this year. Which month/day is still up in the air. Although I think October makes sense right now.

In PD fashion I wouldn't be surprised by at least one more delay. Would love anytime before Christmas though.

Top Bottom