• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport - July Update 1.23 in detail

And who isn't doing this besides Nintendo?

I think you're slightly shifting the goalposts here now.

What goalposts? One game has a career mode with more cars, the other was a stripped down GT game aimed more for online racing. Forza has extra cars you can buy with DLC, all the rest are earned with in game credits, the lootcrates within the game are optional and have no monetary value other than a lottery to get cars or assists to help earn credits faster. Now the question is are they hindering progress on purpose? I would say so but Gran Turismo games are a grind too.

It kind of reminds me of Shadow of War, the original idea in Forza 7 was to charge money but backlash from other titles made them think twice about it but they left the lootcrates in. Now Shadow of War has removed them too. Gran Turismo Sport just didn't have a lot of content and no single player mode, that's why the free DLC was seen as a way to eventually get the game we should have gotten in the first place. Forza 7 already had enough content. Now that Polyphony is charging it looks kind of shady even though you cans till earn playing like before.

Makariel

Wow gee great detective work, I will admit I hate Sony and Sony fans in particular, can Sony fans admit the same and let's just drop the charade? All gen Sony fans make excuses for behaviour they would and have bashed other console makers of doing.
I never understood why people can get so drawn into this "console wars" BS. How about some sense of perspective? It's just a bunch of electronics and software. Microsoft is a multi billion company and might be worth a trillion before long, it is not a poor little underdog that needs defending from the cruel world. Neither do Sony or Nintendo.

Neo 007

GT Sports replays look even better now.Just by looking at the dynamics of the cars on the track you can almost see the damper/spring settings.

Forza replays are dull and completely lifeless. The cars may as well be a cardboard box moving around the track.

FranXico

Loot creates, which were never available to buy with real money anyways.
https://m.windowscentral.com/forza-...es-wont-introduce-paid-tokens-forza-horizon-4

Seems Sony is not only adding them but monetizing them as well, taking it a step further.
What GTS is adding is not loot crates. If you buy a car for GTS, you choose it beforehand. It is not gambling.

Not that microtransactions are desirable either, but don't conflate the two things, please. Loot boxes are the worst of the worst.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
What GTS is adding is not loot crates. If you buy a car for GTS, you choose it beforehand. It is not gambling.

Not that microtransactions are desirable either, but don't conflate the two things, please. Loot boxes are the worst of the worst.

The difference is one costs you physical money, the other never did on Forza. Which is worse, real money? Or fake in game money?

GTS needs to implement a rental system for cars its as simple as that like Forza.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The difference is one costs you physical money, the other never did on Forza. Which is worse, real money? Or fake in game money?

Doesn't FM7 have a ton of car packs that cost real money? Can you get them in game without the car packs? In FH2/3 and FM6 you cannot.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Doesn't FM7 have a ton of car packs that cost real money? Can you get them in game without the car packs? In FH2/3 and FM6 you cannot.
Yes but, Forza has 700+ cars to begin with so its not that you need to buy those cars. And you can play with every car from the start without buying it in freeplay. thats not possible in GTS unfortunately, you need to grind to buy those cars that you want to play. For example the Ferrari 330 P4 cost 20mill. Im playing the game for 40h now and i have 3.2mill right now, the total earning from my playtrough is somewhere between 6 and 7mill. I need to play for 150h~ to have enough money to buy that 1 car or have the luck to get it with daily car prices. You can't drive every car from the start in GTS wich is a bummer IMO. They just need to adjust the economy by givin us more money or making these cars cheaper or just give us a freeplay mode where we can race every car we want without getting points and credit so that we can test those cars without grinding for it.

Redshirt

Banned
The Crew 2 (and the first game) has a similar mtx system in place. Buy with real money to avoid unlocking in-game.

It's fairly inoffensive approach, but as gamers, we shouldn't be celebrating it. (Not saying anyone is.) !@#$ microtransactions unless the game is F2P. (I know GTS wasn't a full-priced game)

I've also been critical of T10 because mtx hurt the game, such as removing difficulty customizations.

Car packs shouldn't be in the discussion. 1. Forza car packs are !@#$ amazing. 2. It's about paying people for worked performed.

I will happily support PD in that way too. Although I think it's more difficult with GTS due to the way it was released. I do feel like I've gotten my money's worth track-wise.

Top Bottom