• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport launches on November 15th.

hesido

I've really lost interest in driving games due to having tasted the force feedback wheel on the PS3 and not having the motivation and the funds to buy a new wheel on the PS4. Any news on the wheel adapter using a PC intermediate?? Has anybody came up with a fool-proof method for us poor souls without soldering abilities?

T.O.P

Banned

tumblr_ntkjqxxNRz1ru5jm1o1_250.gif

bombshell

I've really lost interest in driving games due to having tasted the force feedback wheel on the PS3 and not having the motivation and the funds to buy a new wheel on the PS4. Any news on the wheel adapter using a PC intermediate?? Has anybody came up with a fool-proof method for us poor souls without soldering abilities?

There's no soldering required for using the GIMX Logitech G29 force feedback emulation for legacy Logitech wheels.

Because they make games that sell and its playstations biggest IP. And even the games that sell the worst in this series put up monster numbers that any racing game would love to have. This game will be no different and is suspect it would make a ton of money as well. It's not doubt going to be treated like a service

You're not wrong, but that's not going to persist much longer if they don't start striding forward. Many of us assumed Gran Turismo Sport would really kick on, but it looks like they've been ignoring feedback again.

ddikxela

G.I.M.X software is exactly what you are looking for, it passes the G27/G25 and probably other ffb wheels off as a G29. I've used it with Project Cars on my PS4 and absolutely love it. Besides running the software on the PC you would actually think the G27 was compatible with the PS4 .

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

Game code changes, it's nothing strange. There is 6 months left until game will be done, temp assets will by then be changed with final ones.

Of course it does. But why in the name of god did they show old stuff when new assets are available?!

I mean, I've seen some really impressive screens from GTS, but instead everybody is talking about this bullshit.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Of course it does. But why in the name of god did they show old stuff when new assets are available?!

I mean, I've seen some really impressive screens from GTS, but instead everybody is talking about this bullshit.

I take it this is your first Polyphony reveal. :p

hesido

There's no soldering required for using the GIMX Logitech G29 force feedback emulation for legacy Logitech wheels.

G.I.M.X software is exactly what you are looking for, it passes teh G27/g25 and probably other ffb wheels off as a G29. I've used it with Project Cars on the my PS4 and absolutely love it. Besides running the software on the PC you would actually think the G27 was compatible with the PS4

http://gimx.fr/wiki/index.php?title=DIY_USB_adapter_for_dummies

Thanks all... I'll give this a try. I've got a Driving Force GT, I'm hoping it will be compatible. I think someone who makes a ready made version can make some hefty bucks, and one with a Raspberry PI eliminating the need to run a PC alongside.

Elios83

Game code changes, it's nothing strange. There is 6 months left until game will be done, temp assets will by then be changed with final ones.

Ok but why such garbage ended up in the official reveal trailer?
That's absurd, someone should be fired.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Well, Horizon ain't coming out this year. No way they drop this & Horizon roughly at the same time.

Wrong franchise mate? rs

Horizon is Forza, not GT.

I don't think MS will cancel the (allegedly) Horizon 3 launch just because of GT Sport.

Forget what i said, your talking about Horizon from Guerrilla, not Forza. Sorry for being a doofus.

This games and their repeated names.

Wollan

PSVR is the one thing that's ensuring I'm buying it at this point. I'm not convinced of what I'm seeing and it feels like it's been a series of compromises all the way since Gran Turismo 4.

Hopefully there will be cool gameplay revealed later on that shows cars getting some realistic damage, exciting handling and whatnot. That they brought back the arrow for menu navigations and focused tons on photo mode... it still looks the same to me.

Hot damn I'm looking forward to this. But surely a Gran Turismo is the perfect 'NEO' tech demo?

I'm annoyed. Pokemon and this within the same month. I have no money. Difficult choices will have to be made.

HF2014

Honestly going to wait and see more of it. Trailer show some nice still stuff, and some real time honestly looking average stuff. Might have expected to be blow away, but still not.

Il be waiting to see more for sure.

NHale

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-19-gt-sport-preview

So long ... GT ?

This just reads like everything which has been wrong with GT is still wrong.

Well surely someone deeply interested in racing games like you clearly are, you must have missed some hugely important part to any serious racing game on the same preview.

while the online Sport mode seems to be the heart of the new game, offering scheduled daily races in a mode that looks to take its cue from iRacing, while a calendar nestled on the main menu offers up a regular series of live events.

If GT Sport online is anywhere near iRacing online model, then GT Sport simply will be 10000x better than any other form of online racing on consoles. So you should be excited as a racing fan if indeed Martin Robinson is telling the truth about that part.

DevilFox

The game looks very unpolished at this moment but I also think it's crazy to expect anything less than GT6 in visuals, IA, physics etc unless I've missed something. For me, it's easier to believe it was a old build and the trailer was edited almost last minute and / or with random footage.
There's no excuse to release what they showed today, no matter VR, online or 60fps target.
At the same time, I'm very excited for the new concept of this Gran Turismo.

hesido

I have that wheel and using it with GIMX on PS4.

Awesome! Not to derail the thread, but can you customize deadzones for your pedals when working through the PC? Gran Turismo doesn't support it and I have that pesky 2-3% brake stuck problems at random intervals -known issue for my type of wheel, I even had it replaced (against my wishes with a compatible but different pedal for an older model). It's actually a hardware issue that can be fixed with some tinkering but a deadzone setting should be more than enough to fix it.

timmyp53

Should of made motorstorm. Honestly I don't think this will sell well.
motorstorm wouldn't have either though imo
time to move on sony.

Top Bottom