• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

I had to travel for the holidays so didn't get a chance to check out the new update. Any thoughts? Can't wait to drive the rx7 and r34 again.

JP

I had to travel for the holidays so didn't get a chance to check out the new update. Any thoughts? Can't wait to drive the rx7 and r34 again.
The GT League is pretty much what you'd expect from a traditional GT career mode and they even share the same championship titles with the older games. I've only tried the Clubman Cup and it looks like if people enjoyed the structure of old campaigns then they'll likely enjoy this, if they didn't then they probably won't here.

There are already videos out there going through the update.

FIRST LOOK! GT Sport v1.10 Campaign Mode and New Cars! (YouTube)

Bolivar687

Banned
I'm going to sound incredibly psychotic right now but I really dreaded playing the game because of the removal of pressure sensitive face buttons from this iteration of the dualshock. I really don't like the trigger setup in racers because my hands always cramp up. I got the game for Christmas and finally popped it in last night and tried out the analog stick for acceleration and breaking but it didn't feel right. Maybe I should give it another chance but I also set up the old X and Square and rolled with that for a while. Even though it's digital, that's actually how the PSP version played so it's not that foreign to me. I'm sure it's been discussed already but I'm curious what control setups other people have been using.

So far the game is great, I'm just glad to have GT again. I was expecting a bit more on the graphics side for the PlayStation 4 debut of the series but it's fine for me. Really looking forward to digging into all the game has to offer.

Unknown?

I use triggers but also like analog sticks. If you got used to steering with a stick it won’t take long to get used to accelerating with it.

I'm going to sound incredibly psychotic right now but I really dreaded playing the game because of the removal of pressure sensitive face buttons from this iteration of the dualshock. I really don't like the trigger setup in racers because my hands always cramp up. I got the game for Christmas and finally popped it in last night and tried out the analog stick for acceleration and breaking but it didn't feel right. Maybe I should give it another chance but I also set up the old X and Square and rolled with that for a while. Even though it's digital, that's actually how the PSP version played so it's not that foreign to me. I'm sure it's been discussed already but I'm curious what control setups other people have been using.

So far the game is great, I'm just glad to have GT again. I was expecting a bit more on the graphics side for the PlayStation 4 debut of the series but it's fine for me. Really looking forward to digging into all the game has to offer.

I love having triggers for gas and break as it feels natural to pulse/feather each when going through corners. I used to be all about the analog stick for break and gas but with that setup you can't break and gas at the same time, it's one or the other.

Desert amazon

5044049244233695252_0.jpg

Beetle in the jungle

4900497016712364060_0.jpg

JP

NEW TRACK
Autodromo Nazionale Monza​

NEW TRACK LAYOUTS
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - 6 New Layouts​

NEW CARS
Dodge - Viper GTS (2002)​
Ferrari - 330 P4 (1967)​
Ferrari - 512 BB (1976)​
Ford - GT (2006)​
Jaguar - XJ13 (1966)​
Lamborghini - Diablo GT (2000)​
McLaren - F1 (1994)​
Toyota - 2000 GT (1967)​
Toyota FT-1 2014​
Toyota Supra RZ 1997​

Updated GT LEAGUE

v1.11 Trailer

Last edited:

Silentium

1.11 update looks great! Picking up GT Sport during the Black Friday/November fire sales (AUD 29) is looking like it was a great deal

JP

A trailer for the February update, v1.13. One particularly interesting car there which seem to tie in with an old rumour about tracks the game would contain. Nice to get another twelve free cars this month. I wonder how long they'll be able to keep these numbers up?

NEW TRACK LAYOUTS
Blue Moon Speedway - 4 New Layouts​

NEW CARS
Alpine - A110 1600S (1972)​
Alpine - A110 Premier Edition (2017)​
Audi - R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic (2007)​
De Tomasa - Pantera (1971)​
Dodge - Challenger R/T (1970)​
Ford - Mustang Mach 1 (1971)​
Gran Turismo - F1500T-A​
Lamborghini - Aventador LP 700-4 (2011)​
Subaru - Falken Tire / Turn 14 Distribution BRZ (2017)
Subaru - WRX STI - Isle of Man Time Attack Car (2016)​
Toyota - Supra 3.0GT Turbo A (1988)​
Toyota - MR2 GT-S (1997)​

Updated GT LEAGUE

How good is the game for casual playing ? Is this is super hardcore simulation or can you play it bit more arcade style ?

They have promo 60 euro for 1 year of PSN+ GT Sport so I could get it cheaply.

daibaron

Banned
How good is the game for casual playing ? Is this is super hardcore simulation or can you play it bit more arcade style ?

They have promo 60 euro for 1 year of PSN+ GT Sport so I could get it cheaply.

It is quite casual and very forgiviong but you need to know the circuits and easy the throttle a bit coming out of corners with the more powerful cars. But if you use high traction control lyou can abuse the throttle. And you can even have more aids like steer assistance and brake assistance making it very arcadey.
It is very casual compared to games like project cars. Get it, it really is steal for that price.

JP

The trailer for the March update (v1.15) has just been released, it looks like another very good month of free content. I'll add some pics in a moment.

Loads of higher resolution images available on the official site -
Introducing the "Gran Turismo Sport" March Update: The Addition of "Tsukuba Circuit" and Super GT Racecars

NEW CARS (13 Cars)
  • Aston Martin DB11 '16 (N600)
  • BMW M3 Sport Evolution '89 (N200)
  • Eckerts Rod & Custom Mach Forty (N800)
  • Ford GT40 Mark I '66 (N400)
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Junior ‘14 (Gr.X)
  • Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard ‘14 (Gr.X)
  • Honda RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT-GT ‘16 (Gr.2)
  • Lexus au TOM'S RC F ‘16 (Gr.2)
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 (Gr.3)
  • Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90 (N200)
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO '17 (N600)
  • Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R ‘16 (Gr.2)
  • Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec (R33) '97 (N300)
i1c5OV3ZR7MNU7E.jpg

i1heRqgdsrW0tuH.jpg

i1HVFsAezMh7AcE.jpg

NEW TRACK
  • Tsukuba Circuit -
  • Located in Shimotsuma City in the Ibaraki prefecture, Tsukuba Circuit is one of the closest race facilities to Tokyo and has long been popular as a testing center for manufacturers and magazine. The track is fairly compact, stretching a mere 2,045m, but the layout is exceptionally challenging, mixing a variety of long sweepers with tight corners. Since it opened in 1970, Tsukuba has hosted many big events such as the All-Japan Touring Car Championships and has become a benchmark for rating the performance of automobiles by the media.
i1ykUzbbuegsmz.jpg

i1WDvaDuz7R6k8E.jpg

NEW GT LEAGUE EVENTS
  • Nissan GT-R Cup (Beginner League) - This one-make race features the GT-R, Nissan's menacing high-performance sports coupe.
  • Red Bull X-Junior Series (Amateur League) - This one-make race is an entry-level event with the Red Bull X Series, X2014 Jr.
  • All-Japan GT Car Championships (Professional League) - This Group 2 category event includes pure-bred race machines based on road-going production cars.

NEW GAME MODES
  • VR Tour
  • VR Time Trials
  • Museums added to Mini & Renault Sport "Brand Central" section.
i14W6QJqswDMdz.jpg
i18qGPKg5RyQ37E.jpg

NEW SCAPES
  • Cherry Blossoms

Last edited:

JP

April Update (v1.18).

1. The following three events will be added to "GT League":
Compétition de France (Beginner League)

This event for French-made cars consists of cute, sporty, and unique vehicles.
Gr. B Rallycross (Amateur League)
This race for Group B rally cars tests your car-control skills, whether you're drifting or maintaining grip.
Vision Gran Turismo Trophy + (Professional League)
In this race of dream Vision Gran Turismo cars, which one will be crowned the king of them all!?
In addition, new rounds have been added to the following events: FF Challenge (Beginner League), J-Sports Meeting (Amateur League), La Festa Cavallino (Professional League) and Gr.3 Endurance Series (Endurance League).

i1ywuMSb4VyUY.jpg

2. The "Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept," unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show, will be added.
・Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18 (Gr.3)
3. A new layout for the popular "Dragon Trail" track will be added.
・'Dragon Trail – Gardens' (Reverse: 'Gardens II')

i1ldQOo4pHRrluH.jpg

This is another version of the Dragon Trail racetrack, tucked between by the azure blue Adriatic Sea and lush Croatian countryside. Its name is taken from the green olive fields that looks down upon the course. The pit facility has a rather local feel to it, and the layout is more technical than the Seaside version. The 4.3km track contains tricky combined corners and 90-degree turns. Its reverse layout, 'Gardens II' will also be included.

4. More additional features will be added.
SCAPES

・"Hawaii Islands" has been added to the "Featured" section.
BRAND CENTRAL
・When taking photos in brand-related Spots, you can now choose cars from both the showroom and the garage (limited to cars of that brand).
・BMW-related Spots have been added.
CIRCUIT EXPERIENCE
・Tsukuba Circuit has been added to the "Circuit Experience."

i1dZ4Tb8Uvv2K7E.jpg
https://www.gran-turismo.com/images/c/i1dZ4Tb8Uvv2K7E.jpg

There will be various other features, improvements and fixes implemented in this update. Please enjoy the continuing evolution of Gran Turismo Sport.

More screen captures on the official site.

Last edited:

JP

A new trailer for the FIA tour that's starting this month.

gran-turismo.com (27..04.18) said:
The Nürburgring 24-Hour race will be held in Germany this year from 10-13 May. During the same period, this extremely popular European event will be also the venue for the ‘Gran Turismo World Tour 2018 Nürburgring’, the first 'World Tour' event of the 'FIA Gran Turismo Championship 2018'. 30 top players representing Europe will be invited to the Nürburgring to battle for the ‘Euro Cup’ in the opening event that celebrates the start of the official season for both the Nations Cup and the Manufacturer Series.

Top Bottom