• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo SPORT | OT | Putting it all on the line

Imagine having an online game, that has a 12GB patch, that has servers down.

I've literally played a handful of drift trials, a few campaign lessons and let those videos playthrough...

Now? Nothing.

Upinsmoke

Yeah they need to make sure the servers are up as everything is relying on being online. Can't even have a custom race with my own damn cars without being connected

jayu26

It's down in Canada as well.

I was waiting for this to comment on online only saves. Such a bad idea and they haven't learned from others.

Upinsmoke

This is the biggest oversight.

Okay, fine, servers are down - new game, getting hammered with lots of people - I get it. But the fact I can't do ANYTHING else is pure insanity.

Just seems bizzare why you shouldn't be able to do the stuff which doesn't require a connection. Why are my cars saved on a server and not my own storage? I don't see what advantage this is to PD?

Rajang

Are you fucking kidding me?

I finally beat a very hard license test by beating it almost one second faster than the gold time and I can't connect to the fucking servers?! Now my time will be lost forever.

Why isn't this stuff saved locally and uploaded once you reconnect to the servers?! How hard can that be? Not being able to do the driving school and campaign stuff offline is UNACCEPTABLE.

danowat

Banned
Just seems bizzare why you shouldn't be able to do the stuff which doesn't require a connection. Why are my cars saved on a server and not my own storage? I don't see what advantage this is to PD?
So people can't modify the files.

I get why they do it, but having servers go down on a game that relies on them is unacceptable.

Rajang

giphy.gif

cakely

I finally beat a very hard license test by beating it almost one second faster than the gold time and I can't connect to the fucking servers?! Now my time will be lost forever.

Why isn't this stuff saved locally and uploaded once you reconnect to the servers?! How hard can that be? Not being able to do the driving school and campaign stuff offline is UNACCEPTABLE.

The servers will be back up shortly Don't turn GTS off, and save when the servers come back up. You can put your PS4 into rest mode in the meantime if you don't feel like leaving your game on.

Yes, this sucks.

Putty

Server maintenance will be performed for the Gran Turismo Sport in the following dates and times. Please note that it will not be possible to use online features including the Sport Mode during maintenance.

- Maintenance period
19 Octber, 2017: 21:00 – 23:00 PDT
*The hours of maintenance may somewhat vary.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Gestault

This is absolutely nuts. I still don't understand the design choice here.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Its not just GTSPORT servers. Its almost everything.

My company just lost connection to a ton of servers around europe.

Melfice7

After completing 100% of driving school, 20% of special events and 80% of circuit experience all in gold im sitting at 5 million credits and with 50 offered cars, its a nice change of pace of the grind of other GT's

LostDonkey

We should make our voices heard that we should be able to play driving school etc offline. It worked with the VIP mess around Forza 7.

I'm basically looking at a 59.99 screensaver here.

Edit:And I'm back on...

For the guy that asked how to duplicate layers to the other side of the car: After you applied one and selected the color, pick the 2nd icon to the left that says "layer control" (translated, could be different). There you pick the duplicate option to the very right.

IISANDERII

Are you sure? Yesterday or day before I finished a test and after it said cannot save but later I came back after playing some Overwatch and it was actually saved.

Top Bottom