• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink Character Videos

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Since January's new trailer (wasn't there a thread?) the Cygames twitter account has been posting short half minute clips of the various characters showing off some of their moves (though the most recent pair are reposts).

It looks like there was a playable trial at some venue too recently. Maybe they'll turn it into a downloadable demo later?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

Hoppa

Whoa is this a Musou game?? I’ve seen the title before but just assumed they were just relaunching the fighting game to next gen lol

Fbh

Thats cool and all but can you release the game already?.

Also I'd pay extra for an edition without little girls and an annoying furry mascot

Whoa is this a Musou game?? I’ve seen the title before but just assumed they were just relaunching the fighting game to next gen lol

Nah it's an proper action RPG.
Looks cool but they've been showing videos for YEARS and there's still no hint of a release date.

So it's vaporware until proven otherwise

BlueLyria

As an avid GBF player, I need it. I'd love if we had some Evokers in, but eh, game's been conceived so long ago that it's just wishful thinking.
Also I'd pay extra for an edition without little girls and an annoying furry mascot
Then you don't want Granblue lol

Last edited:

Fbh

Then you don't want Granblue lol

Yeah, I guess expecting something based on a Japanese mobile game to not be full of little girls is unrealistic.

Game still looks really good though, love the way the environments and combat look.

It also seems like there are quite a few characters so maybe I can at least make my active party normal.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, I guess expecting something based on a Japanese mobile game to not be full of little girls is unrealistic.

Game still looks really good though, love the way the environments and combat look.

It also seems like there are quite a few characters so maybe I can at least make my active party normal.
I see you still being racist against Charlotta same way you were against Nopons in Xenoblade.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'd love it if the airships were pilotable but somehow i doubt it. Combat looks... low skill and broad, like someone said, musou. Damnit, Platinum...

Pejo

Looks fantastic. I am not a huge fan of the selection of characters they picked so far, it's all the most boring choices they could go with. Other than that, hope we see some more concrete info on release date and gameplay systems soon.

Hoppa

Thats cool and all but can you release the game already?.

Nah it's an proper action RPG.
Looks cool but they've been showing videos for YEARS and there's still no hint of a release date.

So it's vaporware until proven otherwise
Darn would’ve been onboard, visuals look great!

Ferdimage

Been following this for years! Will we ever get a release date....
The animation at least looks like they have some weight on their attacks.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Zero interest in this until we get ANYTHING resembling a release window and actual hands on previews.

Like, I remember when this game was coming out and I constantly got it confused with the "in development GENSHIN IMPACT."

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
visuals looks great and animation is very smooth for an anime game

I remember cygames Osaka making that super cool ps4. When I went check it out 5 years ago I knew it won’t never release lol. Luckily i declined the job.

At least they have this.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Those two girl characters have horrendous shrieking voices. Sucks because the one with the frilly dress looks like she’d be fun to use in combat.

Well, we knew the game was very much alive after the late January Granfest presentation we had. I think everything must be done now and they are only giving it the finishing touches because Cygames learned the hard way with the way they launched Granblue Fantasy Versus without Rollback netcode right before the high of the pandemic. I believe in this game after watching the 30+ minutes of footage they released early this year, until then I'll have FFXVI to take my time. Action RPG fans are eating good this year.

Those two girl characters have horrendous shrieking voices. Sucks because the one with the frilly dress looks like she’d be fun to use in combat.
You'll probably like to use characters like:

Rosetta
480px-Npc_zoom_3030010000_01.png

Mage/Support class centered around roses and vines for attack and support. Probably will have lots of crowd control skills.

Zeta
480px-Npc_zoom_3040028000_01.png

Go unga-bunga DPS with high mobility and lasers. (not revealed in the base game YET, but if not then will certainly be DLC).

Vira (playable)
480px-Npc_zoom_3040043000_01.png

Vira (playable/boss-version)
480px-Npc_zoom_3040141000_01.png

Crazy Psycho-ass who will probably be a DPS monster. Hopefully will be in the base game or even as a boss before joining the party later on (since the story isn't canon anyway, they can go all out with N scenarios to make her fight the party once more).

There are just too many good female adult models to pass on this game just because you don't like the odd chibi elven race (Harvins) or even the furry-like races like the Erunes (which are a LOT less fury than other games, just having traits like ears/tails and clothing to differentiate them from humans), or the Cow-people with Huge tits or Bodybuilder physique, the Draphs.

There are characters for all tastes in this game. I just hope the roster here is varied enough.

near

Gold Member
This has been in development for 7 years now. Cygames has deep pockets, but time will tell if this has been in development hell, or if the devs have been working to produce an ultra polished RPG. It does look good if I'm being honest.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Visually it looks incredibly polished; can't say I'm a huge fan of the art-style but no doubt about how much effort has been put into everything.

Very interested to see whether it lives up overall to its presentation.

manfestival

I mean this looks really nice. I did not care for the IP at all till I played the fighting game. Now I have some familiarity with the characters to a degree and it is nice seeing them in this game how they are portrayed in the trailer. Percival/Katalina main here also started playing a little bit of Zeta but not so much.

Doom85

The world if JRPG's stopped including lolis, furry mascots and girls with annoying high pitched voices
8f6.gif

Generalizations are generalizations.

Kimahari was at the very least better than Tidus and Wakka in Final Fantasy X.

Red XIII from Final Fantasy VII was one cool dude.

And this overly energetic girl singlehandedly carried the cast of Tales of Graces F:

z6owsox.jpg

Also, let’s be real, we all know Fbh is probably super into Fran from Final Fantasy XII, and this is all just a huge denial tactic:

kxqSH5K.jpg

It‘s okay, Fbh, we’re here for you. Confession is good for the soul. Be true to yourself!

Last edited:

Fbh

Generalizations are generalizations.

Kimahari was at the very least better than Tidus and Wakka in Final Fantasy X.

Red XIII from Final Fantasy VII was one cool dude.

And this overly energetic girl singlehandedly carried the cast of Tales of Graces F:

z6owsox.jpg

Also, let’s be real, we all know Fbh is probably super into Fran from Final Fantasy XII, and this is all just a huge denial tactic:

kxqSH5K.jpg

It‘s okay, Fbh, we’re here for you. Confession is good for the soul. Be true to yourself!

But none of the ones you mentioned are mascots. They are full blown party members.
I don't mind furry party members, Fran, Red and Kimahari are good characters and I like all of them because they actually act and sound like adults instead of little children.

What I hate is the annoying "cute" (usually small and flying) critter that never shuts up and sounds like its voiced by a 4 years old.
Furry mascots are things like Mieu in Tales of the Abyss:
653296-08.jpg

or Vyrn in Granblue
310766.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom