• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy Relink Gameplay Videos

O-N-E

Platinum is such a solid dev. This looks good aesthetically (I could nitpick of course), but I hope it's more open than that gameplay makes it out to be.

RPG-wise an ideal would be a Breath of the Wild like world along with its traversal, but a more ability/rpg focused battle system.

Senhua

Nice fanfic but there's also the matter that this company doesn't need anybody to moneyhat their games to begin with, they're making a ton of money and spending it extravagantly too.

Nier was similar and similarly Japanese and also got belated ports to applicable platforms primarily for the West, I don't think money-hatted that one either. Not every exclusive or early-exclusive is paid for.

Maybe Switch is selling more currentl but the PS4 still has a larger and still active install base, if you want a home console game for Japan, clearly that's not just the only but also a great platform to go for.
Do you know Nier Automata PC version:
- Not mentioned in the reveal trailer prior to launch at all
- The release date only mentioned after the ps4 version released in Japan
- The game initialy released with regional pricing for Asian region before they change the same as the psn asia pricing 23 hours after release
- The game didn't get mandarin and hangul localization language.
If that's not moneyhat, I do not know what else to say.

If you said traditional home consoles have a larger install base than portable in here Japan lol, I don't know what to say about that. Enjoy your games then.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
@ Senhua Senhua : I also dont think Sony paid for these. Some games just don't come out on Xbox for no reason like DQXI, Ni no Kuni 2, Fist of the north Star, Persona 5 and upcoming Granblue Fantasy and Left Alive.

Senhua

@ Senhua Senhua : I also dont think Sony paid for these. Some games just don't come out on Xbox for no reason like DQXI, Ni no Kuni 2, Fist of the north Star, Persona 5 and upcoming Granblue Fantasy and Left Alive.
I understand why the games not available at XBOX, but in the age of switch just don't understand why in 2019 some rich mobage third party Japanese developer still insist make games an exclusive if not by some deals holding them. Whatever then it's their loss.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sounds more like your loss more than anything, the company will be fine :)

And I don't have a PS4 (or Switch) so lol @ trying to mock me with "my games".

And why would they announce the PC port of Automata so much earlier if they for example didn't even start working on it after the PS4 release? This is pretty standard procedure for belated ports.

Where's the evidence that there was any deal in place then or now other than fan fiction and conjecture?

And yeah I meant to write "large" install base, not larger. Games that come out on both Switch and PS4 still sometimes sell more on PS4 there too, the install base is active and plenty enough for profits.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I understand why the games not available at XBOX, but in the age of switch just don't understand why in 2019 some rich mobage third party Japanese developer still insist make games an exclusive if not by some deals holding them. Whatever then it's their loss.
As much as I love Switch, the system is no were near as powerful as PS4 so some games might not work well on Switch. Especially a game like Granblue Fantasy which very action heavy and needs a good FPS. It basically same reason KHIII is not coming out on Switch even tho some KH titles did made it to Nintendo systems.

Last edited:

Dargor

Sounds more like your loss more than anything, the company will be fine :)

And I don't have a PS4 (or Switch) so lol @ trying to mock me with "my games".

And why would they announce the PC port of Automata so much earlier if they for example didn't even start working on it after the PS4 release? This is pretty standard procedure for belated ports.

Where's the evidence that there was any deal in place then or now other than fan fiction and conjecture?

And yeah I meant to write "large" install base, not larger. Games that come out on both Switch and PS4 still sometimes sell more on PS4 there too, the install base is active and plenty enough for profits.

Dude you're arguing with someone whos first post in the thread was about throwing shade, I think you can easily dismiss everything that poster has to say on this matter.

Alexios

Oh that was the same poster with the first reply. Looks like he sure cares a LOT about this boring and generic looking XC2 wannabe Sony commissioned :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck it looks awesome I hope it follows Automata's path as far as platforms :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
Looks like this will be main if she's one of the playable characters (she's on the allies menu found on the website).

character_detail_rosetta_pic.png
Looked her up, she's a normal playable character in the mobile game so she should be playable here too. Hope she's in the fighting game as well.

blackjon24

Maybe they didnt want their vision held back by last generation hardware?

Ar¢tos

Downgrading and Optimising a game for a considerably weaker platform takes time and money that can be used to make the game better on a single platform. This doesn't mean that a Switch version won't be considered after the launch and the devs get some money back from sales.

Alexios

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/granblu...r-count-multiplayer-potential-pc-version-more
  • The game is just as far along as Granblue Fantasy Versus. However, since Granblue Fantasy: Relink is so much bigger, we will likely release Granblue Fantasy Versus first.
  • (This applies to both Granblue Fantasy: Relink and Granblue Fantasy Versus.) We would also like to release for Steam (PC). We already have some titles for PlayStation 4 that are being developed in-house such as the tentatively titled Project Awakening, and as a company we will certainly continue to put our strength into console.
And lots more there.

Last edited:

royox

Do you have to know anything about this series to play this game? I just learned there are other games and a freaking anime. I'm not ready for another FFXV scenario.

Kishidle

Neo Member
Do you have to know anything about this series to play this game? I just learned there are other games and a freaking anime. I'm not ready for another FFXV scenario.
Should probably watch the anime if you want to know more about it. Of course, playing the browser game also works, but YMMV since it's a gacha game.

royox

Should probably watch the anime if you want to know more about it. Of course, playing the browser game also works, but YMMV since it's a gacha game.

If you want to know MORE about it means the game will start like if I were supposed to know everything?

In this interview, they say that you don't need to know anything to enjoy the story. But they surely won't close any door in an interview:
https://gematsu.com/2018/12/granblu...r-count-multiplayer-potential-pc-version-more

Ah that answered it. Perfectly fine for me then. I didn't want the anime to spoil the game also.

Last edited:

rykomatsu

There will probably be easter eggs from prior entries, but likely not necessary to play and understand the game. Tales of Berseria had references to Zestiria, but didn't have to play Zestiria to enjoy Berseria. That said, will you enjoy Re:Link more if you have background? Probably. I'll usually go back to play another game or watch another anime series as a post-mortem, then play the game again to fill in the previous gaps.

This was the most recent thread, so I'm bumping it:

Seems like Platinum Games has completed their portion of Granblue Fantasy ReLink and the rest of the development is in the hands of Cygames now:

While we, PlatinumGames, have been working with Cygames in co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink, we officially announce our contract on the project has come to an end. Development will still continue, but be handled solely by Cygames’ internal development team.
We would like to express our thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the project, and ask that the same support should continue for Granblue Fantasy: Relink as its production continues forward.

Via Siliconera

Castef

Banned
This was the most recent thread, so I'm bumping it:

Seems like Platinum Games has completed their portion of Granblue Fantasy ReLink and the rest of the development is in the hands of Cygames now:

While we, PlatinumGames, have been working with Cygames in co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink, we officially announce our contract on the project has come to an end. Development will still continue, but be handled solely by Cygames’ internal development team.
We would like to express our thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the project, and ask that the same support should continue for Granblue Fantasy: Relink as its production continues forward.

Via Siliconera

That's not what they said.

Most probably they have NOT completed their part of the game, otherwise the Platinum Games logo would have not been removed from the game page.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Not sure what to make of that. It sounds like the contract ran out and they decided not to renew it. Maybe they feel that enough of the base combat system has been built that they can handle it themselves now?

I’m not too worried since I really like what I have seen from the game so far.

That's not what they said.

Most probably they have NOT completed their part of the game, otherwise the Platinum Games logo would have not been removed from the game page.
They said their contract on the project has come to an end. I'm not sure why this implies they've failed to complete their part of the game.

However, I do see they've removed the game from their home page. The metadata is still there when you search "Platinum Games Granblue Fantasy" but the link redirects to the main page. The old tab is gone:

https://www.platinumgames.com/games/granblue-fantasy-relink

Cached versions: https://webcache.googleusercontent....blue-fantasy-relink+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hmmmmm. :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Castef

Banned
They said their contract on the project has come to an end. I'm not sure why this implies they've failed to complete their part of the game.

However, I do see they've removed the game from their home page. The metadata is still there when you search "Platinum Games Granblue Fantasy" but the link redirects to the main page. The old tab is gone:

https://www.platinumgames.com/games/granblue-fantasy-relink

Cached versions: https://webcache.googleusercontent....blue-fantasy-relink+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Hmmmmm. :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:

Yep, the whole thing is weird.

Very strange communication. Cygames is removing the PG logo from the game, and PG removing the game from their website. Looks like everything ended well !

Let's go with bold ideas here: what if they ended the collaboration because someone bought Platinum Games?

cireza

Let's go with bold ideas here: what if they ended the collaboration because someone bought Platinum Games?
This looks complicated. PG has Bayonetta 3 for Nintendo (& Sega), another game for Square-Enix and I believe another unannounced game. Not sure how this would be possible.

Hyped for this simply for the artstyle and Dungeons/Dragons setting!

I honestly hope we get Western Release dates soon after the Japanese!

DonF

I mean...Clover, Seeds then Platinum. I guess they most have the whole "being independent" thing as mantra. I doubt it.

Maybe it means that Platinum has done enough and cygame is saving some money by doing all the finishing touches by themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom