• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus shipments and digital sales top 150,000 in Japan and Asia

Mista

Banned
EQKfIlsUwAIdiHT

Total shipments and digital sales for Granblue Fantasy: Versus, which launched for PlayStation 4 on February 6 in Japan and Asia, have topped 150,000 units, publisher Cygames announced.

Granblue Fantasy: Versus is due out for PlayStation 4 on March 3 in North America and in Q1 2020 in Europe.

Gematsu

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
launched yesterday? good numbers for a fighting game.
I'm willing to bet the people that bought the game aren't gonna play the game for long and got it because it is GBF's first physical game. Idk how to feel about this honestly. The demo was good and I was gonna get it day one but that was before I found out they were selling us half the game with their bs DLC practices.
Watching Maximillian play it now...this is easily the most gorgeous fighting game out there. Too bad I suck at ArcSys games :messenger_weary: :messenger_weary: :messenger_weary:
If that clown can play and hell I was beating people up in the beta you should have no trouble playing it. It is one of the most basic modern fighting game outside that trash SNK did.
I gotta give it a look. I only play KoF as a fighting game but if this is a good one I might consider

This was a beta match I played. It is easy AF to get into. But know that the roster is small and they are gonna fix this via a season pass. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This looks brilliant. Now were you Ferry or Lancelot?
Ferry. I wish I'd recorded a match with Katalina but honestly I was just rushing people down and Ferry was fun to use even if I was garbage with her. Still sad we didn't get Silva or more non sword characters. I still want Sandalphon and Medusa just to see how they'd play in game. Hell I'd buy the dumb season pass for them.

Shin

Banned
About that:
The sexiness hating dictators of Sony have worked their censorship on another title as the launch of Granblue Fantasy Versus has confirmed that the outfits of Zeta and Metera are indeed censored to protect the innocent children – thankfully, fans have discovered that their original costumes can be unlocked.

Fans scrutinizing the trailers released before the game’s launch recognized the outfits of Zeta and Metera were unfaithful to their original Granblue Fantasy designs, as they were both made to wear spats that better covered up their shapely buttocks (in addition to a new strap for Metera’s top).

Japanese players learned that the original steamy outfits are unlocked once RPG Mode is cleared, a stealthy way for developers to grant PS4 owners the original sexy content that Big Brother Sony does not allow, much like how Nekopara covertly retained its “bounciness slider:

GranblueFantasyVersus-Metera-Original-Costume.jpg

GranblueFantasyVersus-Zeta-Original-Costume.jpg

NSFW kinda site so won't post the url, but if you're smart enough you'll figure it out.

Last edited:

vkbest

About that:

NSFW kinda site so won't post the url, but if you're smart enough you'll figure it out.

sorry but that post is pretty stupid. If can be unlocked is not censorship. Do you believe Arc would risk Sony take down his already released game to hidden some costumes from them?

the most censorship you see in Japanese games is self-inflicted for avoid possible future problems.

Last edited:

Clarissa

Banned
It's my favourite fighting game since Capcom vs SNK 2 and I've already put in plenty of hours!

I suck at anime games too but this is much more like street fighter and kof.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It looks really beautiful, too bad I'm not into fighting games anymore.
I love watching fighting games but not much in to playing one but I might buy this because the single player is 2D beat me up RPG.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
About that:

That's weird considering Narmaya is future DLC.
ELvVwAiU0AEWquA.jpg

But Magisa never ever.

I suck at anime games too but this is much more like street fighter and kof.
What do you think KOF and SF is? They are all Japanese fighting games calling them anime is redundant. Like me!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yesbox

Neo Member
sorry but that post is pretty stupid. If can be unlocked is not censorship. Do you believe Arc would risk Sony take down his already released game to hidden some costumes from them?

the most censorship you see in Japanese games is self-inflicted for avoid possible future problems.

Regardless of that, I get pretty fucking tired of constantly having what I enjoy tampered with.
I enjoy sexualized content, and tbh there's not much to choose from in the West anymore and it's more of a niche thing really.
And when I do get something there's always a very high chance that it's going to get tampered with or censored...

I imagine that people would get really mad and frustrated too if they enjoyed bloody games and the same thing happened as frequently to games with blood in them.
Or if it was the reverse and costumes were often made more lewd at the same rate and you didn't like that.
I am just getting VERY tired of it and it keeps building up, I just wish that devs could make what they wanted to make and not have to worry about this stuff.
And in the end of the day it's what makes the industry more diverse too, having content catered to anyone and not just censoring shit.

In this case there is a toggle, I think that the '' uncensored '' OG version should be the default and it annoys me and feels wrong that it isn't but still.
But in most cases there isn't a toggle, it's extremely rare. I can only think of this case and DoA6 where they added one.
In DoA6 I can accept it more because the default is uncensored, but it's still sorta annoying that it's even there imo because I think that ppl need to just learn to deal with the existence of games that have content they may not enjoy in them. It sorta feels to me like they're giving in to the offended and it makes me worry that they'll take that too much into consideration in the future and that it's just going to make the sexualized content that I enjoy even more rare than it already is in the future.

In MK11 too there is sexualized content, and they combine it with very extreme and realistic gore. And apparently that's fine, but a woman wearing what is essentially a speedo somehow isn't?
In a game btw where there is a dude wearing a speedo too and men with their shirts off.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
In MK11 too there is sexualized content, and they combine it with very extreme and realistic gore. And apparently that's fine, but a woman wearing what is essentially a speedo somehow isn't?
In a game btw where there is a dude wearing a speedo too and men with their shirts off.
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't make females look ugly on purpose.

Clarissa

Banned
I've been playing this game nonstop for at least 4-5 hours everyday.

The Japan lounge is full of players and the matches are all very smooth. Managed to play some games in the Taiwan server too. And all very smooth.

Top Bottom