• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy x Street Fighter V Collaboration - Granblue Fighter V!

kiryogi

Banned
ANOTHER FIGHT IS COMING YOUR WAY!

Cf0i0jtUAAIfssp.jpg

The Street Fighter crew return to the skies with the Skyfarers in this exciting collaboration for Granblue Fantasy! Granblue Fighter V!

Rashid and Karin join the Skyfarers to take out F.A.N.G. and Necalli.

The Ultra Granblue Fighter event is also returning with Ryu, Chun Li, Sagat, and M. Bison!

How the Ultra Granblue Fighter event played out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Q6fkmmafA

Straight up Arcade mode including Car bonus stages!

What is Granblue Fantasy?

This is the popular blockbuster Smartphone RPG for iOS/Android/PC, now at over 11 million downloads. With character design by Ex Final Fantasy veteran Hideo Minaba, and music composed by Tsutomu Narita of the Earthbound papas along with renown composer Nobuo Uematsu.

For more details, check out the Granblue Fantasy OT or music topic!

OT - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191278
Music - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1192873

Unfortunately, this is not available on any Global App stores.

You can either get it on Android/iOS via Qooapp, or just use the ChromeApp.

Falk mod approved!

One of Granblue's defining features that set it apart from many other mobages is that it's its own thing, not a gacha-based version of an existing IP like One Piece, Final Fantasy, or a cross-media project like Love Live, etc. It's also got a more familiar VN-style bust+dialogue presentation compared to, say, Terra Battle.

If you can take JRPG tropes, it's completely worth playing as a JRPG in a gacha framework.

Personally it reminds me a lot of Skies of Arcadia crossed with FFXII.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What's this Qooapp thing the OP mentions? I've been playing through Chrome, but I'd love to be able to download the iOS app.

Gren

So is the English version iOS only? Wikipedia says it was released a few days ago in NA, but I don't see it on the Play store.

EDIT: Nvm, OT says JPN-only & it was last edited today so I guess that still stands :(

kiryogi

Banned
So is the English version iOS only? Wikipedia says it was released a few days ago in NA, but I don't see it on the Play store.

EDIT: Nvm, OT says JPN-only & it was last edited today so I guess that still stands :(

It's Japanese app with english text option.

Which qooapp do I get from the Play store for Android? There are multiple ones and they all look the same.

I actually always just grabbed it from the website itself:

http://apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/880

edit: yeah you can't get it on the android store considering the nature of it lol.

Gren

For any that played the last SF event, how easy/hard was it to get Ryu/Chun? I'm still doing the tutorial phases so I'd like to know if I need to level up before even attempting it or if I can do it along the way of the event.

kiryogi

Banned
By what metric?

Biggest TGS booth last year. Highly successful.

For any that played the last SF event, how easy/hard was it to get Ryu/Chun? I'm still doing the tutorial phases so I'd like to know if I need to level up before even attempting it or if I can do it along the way of the event.

Kenji started playing right around the time of the event and got them.

Saprol

You'll get Ryu and Rashid for free. If you use them frequently enough to fill the bond/loyalty points, you'll get to keep them after the event ends. Chun and Karin will require you to farm drops to trade in.

Gren

Kenji started playing right around the time of the event and got them.

You'll get Ryu and Rashid for free. If you use them frequently enough to fill the bond/loyalty points, you'll get to keep them after the event ends. Chun and Karin will require you to farm drops to trade in.

Thanks. Also, this Qooapp is dope. Will go through and check out more Japanese apps one day.

kiryogi

Banned
Is it possible to get these characters if you're barely starting the game out?

It should be, if not close. You might have to grind a little extra to get Chun Li and Karin depending how the drop rates for their items are. Ryu and Rashid are acquired by having them in your party and raising your bond.

Hubb

It should be, if not close. You might have to grind a little extra to get Chun Li and Karin depending how the drop rates for their items are. Ryu and Rashid are acquired by having them in your party and raising your bond.

Where do these items drop from?

Mexen

Never played any Granblue Fantasy game but this collaboration has piqued my interest. Can I jump straight into it or will I need to play the aforementioned game to fully appreciate GF V?

Gren

So if I wanna farm for Chun do I keep playing her story mode, or can I play any quest and still earn the needed treasure?

Friggin Chimera on just stage 2 kicking my ass already. Even set all my weapons/summons towards its weak affinity.

Top Bottom