• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand theft auto 6 details.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
So... with a Female lead how will you have sex with the prostitutes and killing them to get your money back work now? Or will they have a change up and you can be a prostitute have sex with the dudes and then kill them for rest of their money?

I kinda want the multiple characters again.
Don't worry I expect the lead character will be 'strapped' for such occasions ;)

SSfox

Wow, that was fucking nothing.
No shit, like you expected him to talk about a game they didn't even officially announce yet
1467335935-jesus4.png

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I was 11 when they announced it and I was hyped as fuck.
Can’t believe I’m a full blown adult now and we’re still playing the same game

Yeah, when V released I was in university, stayed up all night eating pizza and crisps and drinking beer playing it. By the time VI releases I might well be a married father and homeowner. Time's a real bitch.

DiviniDee

Banned
Yeah, when V released I was in university, stayed up all night eating pizza and crisps and drinking beer playing it. By the time VI releases I might well be a married father and homeowner. Time's a real bitch.
I hate how fast it’s going 😔 I’m gonna miss my youth because it’s gone in a blink of an eye

13th

Neo Member
I wasn't around the internet much when the reveal of GTA V happened and I have a question, how does it typically goes with the announcement of such a big game? Do they first announce it on their website that the next GTA game is in development or they release a trailer first and then come out publicly with a statement about the development?

DiviniDee

Banned
I wasn't around the internet much when the reveal of GTA V happened and I have a question, how does it typically goes with the announcement of such a big game? Do they first announce it on their website that the next GTA game is in development or they release a trailer first and then come out publicly with a statement about the development?
They literally just dropped a photo with the V logo on a black background on their website with a trailer date below it. I think it was late October.
Funny thing is, they denied that V even existed a week before they announced it. Rockstar are really good at keeping things under wraps

13th

Neo Member
They literally just dropped a photo with the V logo on a black background on their website with a trailer date below it. I think it was late October.
Funny thing is, they denied that V even existed a week before they announced it. Rockstar are really good at keeping things under wraps
Of course, this is nothing new to me, the less we know about something, the more we are excited about it, it's just the way it works, but if I learned anything from interviews with a AAA developers like Capcom, is that they start a pre-production of a new game before the current one is even out. Rockstar can deny as much as they want that there is nothing to announce, but this is just a logical conclusion that there is a new GTA in development and has been for some time, they wouldn't waste so many years without even thinking about the next GTA game.

Last edited:

EDMIX

When this thing fucking dropped, man. Damn. People spent weeks picking apart every individual frame.

Facts. I love knowing that at any time, they can drop a trailer.

I like the Bethesda, Rockstar way of doing the marketing that way. Makes things really hype.

eso76

People forgot they announced a next gen version of GTAV ? It's probably just that.
The fact GTAV just joined GamePass I think is an indication a proper next (current) gen version is being shown soon

Sony

Nintendo
Character and charisma make a protagonist, not neccecarily gender. Male/female doesn't matter, as long as it's a fun character.
I'd rather have a Mass Effect 2 Jack as protagonist than 'random space marine from shooter X' , so to say.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
tbh, since gtaV, i think they will design every GTA game with online in mind, single player content will be barebones : )

cromofo

Please have a single protag male/female/whateverthefuck. Not being able to focus on a single character was a huge downside for me in the SP.

xShaun

My uncle works for Gamestop and said GTA VI is coming out later this year exclusive to Nintendo Switch and will be single player only with always online connection for mini events and he also said don't forget to stay hydrated.

Last edited:
Please let the main character be a black, female, transsexual in a wheelchair. Just for funz & giggles about wokeism.

Or just remake GTA4.

Last edited:

Klik

At least 1 thing is sure and that is its developed for next gen only. Which is great. Dont forget GTA 5 was made for PS3/X360 in mind. Going from those 2005 hardware to PS5/XsX is gonna be mindblowing(i hope)

Last edited:

Buhaj

Most likely not gonna happen, but imagine if Sony secured one-year console exclusivity - Jim Ryan would immediately become a saint on this forum.

"Fans think that in-game media may be referring to websites and TV shows found within the game world. If that’s the case, the internet didn’t become mainstream until 1990, with the creation of the World Wide Web and the first web browser. For this reason, fans speculate that GTA 6 must be set sometime after 1990."

How much of a zoomer do you have to be to think that media didn't exist before the 90s?

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Of course it's gonna be modern setting, that way they can milk more MTX money with crazy vehicles and dumb flashy shit.

I'd be VERY surprised if it's the 70/80s setting.

This is a non-issue because this can easily be bypassed by making current and future vehicles "futuristic" by 70/80s standards.

I don't think GTA Online is striving for realism anyway.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Has anyone played the GTA trilogy on PS4/PS5? I’m thinking of picking it up on PS5 for old times sake! Is it just a straight port 30fps etc. I might just play through them for the nostalgia or maybe I’m best to keep my good memories.

Elysion

Banned
I’ve always thought it would be cool if each new GTA took place in a different region/country, kind of like Assassins Creed. GTA Tokyo, GTA Moscow, GTA Havanna, GTA Istanbul etc, you get the idea. Because frankly, modern American (coastal) cities as a setting feel pretty stale and boring at this point.

All GTA’s before 4 had shit controls... Went back to play them and they are awful. Atmosphere was cool but the rest was bad
Controls are functional albiet simplistic. It's not that about Vice City that I dislike, it's the missions, map design and the rushed feeling of it. Game saved entirely by being set in the 1980s.

Principal

Best way o introduce a female character is to make her an undercover cop, easy, Women in the criminal world don't tend to last that long at least not in the way men do, remember, intimidation is a true thing in the criminal underworld.

Justin9mm

I was 11 when they announced it and I was hyped as fuck.
Can’t believe I’m a full blown adult now and we’re still playing the same game
You make me feel old, I was 27 when GTAV released.

I was older than 11.. About 13 when the first original GTA game was released on PC in 1997. Those were some good times!

You make me feel old, I was 27 when GTAV released.

I was older than 11.. About 13 when the first original GTA game was released on PC in 1997. Those were some good times!
Nice to see a fellow gaffer in my age range, I remember having lan parties with my buddies bringing over their full tower PCs and crt monitors crammed around my dinner table playing original GTA

Principal

If not then be prepared to play a female character that's super uncomfortable because most criminal females are extremely drug addicted and or have some sort of drug daddy, which... yeah... No thanks, undercover cop is the way to go. Hell, it would even allow you the player to choose what to do with the enemy, let the escape or arrest them.

Cravis

My uncle works for Gamestop and said GTA VI is coming out later this year exclusive to Nintendo Switch and will be single player only with always online connection for mini events and he also said don't forget to stay hydrated.
7YmEu71.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
I thought a Bonnie and Clyde kinda couple would be cool and they get shot to pieces together at the end....
But that was just a broad thought.

Blue Apple

GTA VI 2026 release or later?

Grand Theft Auto V sold 20 million units in 2020, the most since its 2013 release. For some perspective, Vice City sold 20 million copies total. GTA V sold 140 million copies since release for an average of 20 million per year. Usually after 7 years, sales numbers for the last year are lower than the average. Not so with GTA V. It appears even Take 2 is surprised by that because back in 2016 Strauss Zelnick said, “We do expect GTA Online’s results to moderate because October will be three years since we released it.” That was 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

The release of the Expanded & Enhanced version plus the growing base of current gen will keep sales going strong for a while. Rockstar is probably going to keep adding updates for a few years. I don't see them creating the E&E version and not trying to milk it as much as they can. The more time goes on, the more people buy current gen, the more people buy GTA V.

They also have to avoid burnout. Strauss Zelnich said, "We have to rest the franchise at some point." After this many years of GTA V with everything that was added to it, I figure they're going to want to rest it at least a year.

I don't see why they can't get at least 3 years of strong sales numbers from E&E. That brings us to 2025 and then a year of rest = 2026.

Top Bottom