• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition is coming?!

Square Triangle said:
I know Capcom released Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition as the same ol' RE5 disc with a voucher code for the DLC. What was the case with Fallout GOTY?

Or even the new Borderlands and Dragon Age GOTY/Ultimate Editions?

Seems like they get lazy on the 360 and reissue a new disc on the PS3?

Fallout came with a second disc which had the DLC on it - you'd then put the disc in and install the DLC to your hard drive. On 360, at least. The difference there (and indeed here) is that the DLC packs also got retail releases where they came on discs for those without web access or bandwidth to download. Oblivion did the same.

As the Episodes have had a standalone disc already, I'm betting this'll just be the GTA4 disc and the Episodes Disc together in one box.

Danneee

You know, GTA4 and the DLC are some of my favorite games ever and this is one awesome pack but I would have loved to see more thematic DLC like the zombie add on for RDR. Zombies in Liberty City would be so awesome and i really like LC as an game environment, shame on R* if they just let it go now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SovietStriker said:
This is coming out tommorow, I have 20$ amazon credit if the episodes are on disc (not download codes) I'm in.

It would be really nice and possibly possible on PS3, but I highly doubt it. Seems like vouchers have become the standard for this kind of thing.

I would expect it to be GTAIV on the disc then vouchers for Gay Tony/LatD

I wonder how the used version would work, though, seems like you'd be buying 1/3 of the game

Massa

jsnepo said:
Is this going to be in a single disc for the PS3 version?

Hopefully. I'd really like to have all the radio stations available in all 3 games, as well as a single hard disk installation.

We won't know until someone buys it, I think.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hadn't touched GTAIV/TLAD in a year or so. Since then I've played through RDR and Mafia 2, and just started Red Faction: Guerilla (thank you Steam). So a couple of days ago I put in GTAIV to try out my new surround reciever and Dolby Digital on my Xbox. I had completely forgot how horribly slow the character moved, how clunky it felt. I guess it's impossible to tweak the controls of the main character so that it's closer to Red Dead Redemption? I mean, they're using the same engine, right? Eh, what the hell. I'm not bother about GTAIV series anymore anyway, it's my least favourite in the series. I guess I'm just tired of the city. I wish they had went the same route that the GTA3 series did, with completely different city, different vibe or even different decade. I've not bought Gay Tony yet, because I don't think anything can make me enjoy the city again. Especially if they don't fix the damn tank controls.

Massa said:
Hopefully. I'd really like to have all the radio stations available in all 3 games, as well as a single hard disk installation.

We won't know until someone buys it, I think.

I guess it's not possible on the 360 (w/o multiple discs&installs), so I bet they won't do it for the PS3 version...

StarEye said:
I hadn't touched GTAIV/TLAD in a year or so. Since then I've played through RDR and Mafia 2, and just started Red Faction: Guerilla (thank you Steam). So a couple of days ago I put in GTAIV to try out my new surround reciever and Dolby Digital on my Xbox. I had completely forgot how horribly slow the character moved, how clunky it felt. I guess it's impossible to tweak the controls of the main character so that it's closer to Red Dead Redemption? I mean, they're using the same engine, right? Eh, what the hell. I'm not bother about GTAIV series anymore anyway, it's my least favourite in the series. I guess I'm just tired of the city. I wish they had went the same route that the GTA3 series did, with completely different city, different vibe or even different decade. I've not bought Gay Tony yet, because I don't think anything can make me enjoy the city again. Especially if they don't fix the damn tank controls.
It's funny because I recently replayed GTAIV, and then played TLaD and TBoGT in order and was surprised at how great IV was when I decided to replay it using manual aiming. RDR is similarly brilliant but TBH I found Mafia 2 somewhat lacking and RF:G I found to be one of the worst open-world games I've ever played.

One of the things that Mafia 2 really highlighted is just how far out of the park R* hit it with the way they modelled Liberty City. Even after playing through GTAIV twice, and then playing through the DLC, as I was finishing up TBoGT I was still finding interesting new areas that I'd never seen before. So much work went into that city and a lot of it will only ever be seen by a handful of people. I don't whether that's awesome or depressing but I tip my hat to R* on that front.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DJ Crimson said:
So does anybody know if its all on one disc yet? :lol

Poking on some GTA forums seems to indicate that the PS3 version is all on one disc with a menu where you switch between GTAIV and Episodes. Think I read that the 360 version is two discs.

ZealousD said:
Poking on some GTA forums seems to indicate that the PS3 version is all on one disc with a menu where you switch between GTAIV and Episodes. Think I read that the 360 version is two discs.

Really? PS3 version has all of them on the same bru-ray?
Nice!

Lard

Banned
ZealousD said:

Confirmed?

Lard said:
Confirmed?

From Amazon UK

• Xbox 360 features 2 game Discs – Grand Theft Auto IV on Disc 1 and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City on Disc 2

• PlayStation 3 version features both Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City on 1 Blu-ray Disc

• Games for Windows version features 4 game discs - 2 install discs, Grand Theft Auto IV on one disc and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City on another discc

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00466IF6U/

It makes sense in this case to put them all on disc since the expansions were already released as standalone retail copies.

That's not to say I ever like to see tokens included as opposed to having them on disc, I'm just saying in this case they'd already made that transition.

So now that it's out, maybe someone can confirm a few things I read elsewhere:

- PS3 version install from the single disk is 10.5 gb (total).

- there is no new content or technical differences at all, it's the exact (patched) copy of GTA4 and the Episodes.

- You get the bonus music from the Episodes retail release, but you (still) can't listen to the GTA4 stations while playing the episodes. That's just super lazy...

Also, does the PS3 version support (XMB) custom music now? (couldn't find anything on that one)

So I'm confused, is this install-only?
Or is the game actually on the discs to play like the Gay Tony DVD release?

I have no HD space on my Xbox.

rvy

Banned
Buckethead said:
So I'm confused, is this install-only?
Or is the game actually on the discs to play like the Gay Tony DVD release?

I have no HD space on my Xbox.
It's on discs.

Bought the PS3 version for cheap.

I don't understand why they put zero thoughts into having all games on the same disc.
- You can't use GTA4's music in the addons (or the other way around)
- You can't load a GTA4 savegame while playing the addons (not sure if it works the other way around)
- Starting GTA4 after playing the addons (and having a quicksave from the addons, apparently there isn't one for each game?) gives me an error message and it will auto-start a new game before I manually have to load the actual savegame.

Top Bottom