• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
WrikaWrek said:
This game screams goty shoe in.

And there's no DLC planned for the PS3 version at all right now. (post above)

I don't see how anything can beat a fully-realized, next-gen GTA game, at least for my personal game of the year.

WrikaWrek

Banned
MaizeRage25 said:
I don't see how anything can beat a fully-realized, next-gen GTA game, at least for my personal game of the year.

Oh i doubt it will be my personal GOTY (MGS4). But i always know how distinguish my GOTY from the game that truly accomplished the most.

Like oscars.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
aw shit, are those screens for real?

I should have never doubted you rockstar :bow :bow

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Posted this in another thread but no such luck:

I have a question regarding the car damage models. Has anything been said regarding if the car models crumpel differently everytime you crash, or like in previous GTA's where each car has a predetermined damage model?

WrikaWrek

Banned
I just had an epiphany. I realized what makes Vice City the best GTA ever, and one of the best games of last generation.

The soundtrack.

WrikaWrek said:
I just had an epiphany. I realized what makes Vice City the best GTA ever, and one of the best games of last generation.

The soundtrack.

Yep. It's one of the reasons I was never crazy about custom soundtracks in this sort of game. R* have mastered the art of making you feel like you're really listening to the radio in the car you've stolen.

Himuro said:
GTAIII intro and ending theme is one of my favorites:

intro

ending

"Better than the fireworks on the 4th of July"

:D
man that ending always confused me though

oh yeah sorta off topic, but didn't people find the name of the nameless guy in gta3? i always wondered how they did that.

WrikaWrek said:

The soundtrack.
Welcome to the club. I actually bought the entire multi-CD OST. I once had it jamming out of my car as I was getting ready to hit the slopes up at Tahoe and some kids dropped by and said "awesome 80s, guy".

Teknoman

Xdrive05 said:
Since GTAIV takes us back to where GTAIII took us, I'd like to think the NEXT one will be set in the 80's again. I can't get enough of that shit. It doesn't even have to be set in Vice city, just somewhere in the 80's. Maybe a knockoff of Detroit or Chicago or something.

Gotta agree there. I dunno why but Vice City still seemed like the most fun GTA out of all 3PS2 games. Or at least the most memorable character cast and music wise.

RBH

Stabby McSter said:
well i dunno, like
he goes through all that trouble just to kill her?
I thought that
after the credits, when you drove around the city, you could still hear Maria on the chatterbox, implying that she was still alive? I always just thought that he just shot into the air to shut her up rather than kill her. Then again, I could be completely wrong on that. :p

I can't stop thinking about how awesome Blu-ray is going to be with GTAIV. With the install, it's going to be near seamless loading everywhere.

disappeared said:
I can't stop thinking about how awesome Blu-ray is going to be with GTAIV. With the install, it's going to be near seamless loading everywhere.

The game loads once for both Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. No loading is what Rockstar has said.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Francias Castiglione said:
There is no loading after the initial one. On BOTH systems.

Yes. But think about it...how awesome will it be on Blu Ray with no loadings and no install? It's gonna be awesome.

Francias Castiglione said:
There is no loading after the initial one. On BOTH systems.

I think what he's trying to say is that with BluRay, it enables you to install, which should disable the initial loading?

I didn't mean to start any shit. Just my thoughts. If it does an initial load at the beginning and then no others, then that's great.

Opus Angelorum said:
Correct. Let's not derail this awesome thread.

Im not derailing it at all. I just wanted to make sure he was informed that there are no loading times after the initial loading is all.

Anyways I dont want to read through every page, does anyone know if packages have been confirmed?

Teknoman

Kbsmoker said:
So x360 is the version to get?

No. Either should be good...unless something rises once they get the PS3 build out to the press. Or if you feel like you're going to want to play two additional download episodes of the game after beating it.

Himuro said:
Powerslave made the avatar! Bow to Powerslave! I'd suck his dick if I were gay!

Himuro
Lookin' for Sailors
(Today, 02:34 AM)

I'm just saying...

My hype-meter ticks up every time a new screen is released. Cannot wait.

newsguy

BakedPigeon said:
Anyways I dont want to read through every page, does anyone know if packages have been confirmed?

I can confirm that packages are crappy. Why look for them when you can be shooting pedestrians?

newsguy said:
I can confirm that packages are crappy. Why look for them when you can be shooting pedestrians?

I like the packages, its something to do when your sick of missions for a bit. Just dont look for them if you dont like em :D

disappeared said:
I didn't mean to start any shit. Just my thoughts. If it does an initial load at the beginning and then no others, then that's great.

I bet there will be some loading anyway, like how indoors had loadtimes in SA.

Pharmacy

Banned
this is gonna be the game of the year no matter what

- no i dont care about your arty ico releases only 200 people buy and fap over

- no i dont care about your "amazing single player experience" bioshock style stuff

- no i dont care about an mmorpg that gets millions of people hooked like heroin

- no i dont care about hentai games

this son, this is fucking GTA

PnCIa

Love the new screens. I´ve a good feeling about this...listening to the GTA main theme takes me back many, many years :D
Strange that this thread doesn´t have 50+ pages, it´s fucking GTA what could go wrong!?

disappeared said:
I just wish R* would put blu-ray to good use and put 4x the music and a bunch more pedestrian lines. I love all the random stuff the pedestrians yell out and having a lot more of that would be great.

That would be fuckin awesome. But I bet they're forced to make it the same on ps3 and can't put more audio in the ps3 version.

IMO blu-ray has been underutilized by pretty much all third party devs and this would be the perfect game to thrown in a bunch of extra audio like more pedestrian lines and music.

/Rant

InterMoniker said:
I just wish R* would put blu-ray to good use and put 4x the music and a bunch more pedestrian lines. I love all the random stuff the pedestrians yell out and having a lot more of that would be great.

That would be fuckin awesome. But I bet they're forced to make it the same on ps3 and can't put more audio in the ps3 version.

/Rant

Im willing to bet R* has a MASSIVE AMOUNT of audio already in GTA4.

BakedPigeon said:
Im willing to bet R* has a MASSIVE AMOUNT of audio already in GTA4.
I'm willing to bet the opposite it won't be a MASSIVE AMOUNT. It it'll be the SAME AMOUNT of audio from the last-gen GTA games.

Uhhhh I don't know how it could be that much more then last-gen. Everything is higher quality for HD audio and High res textures.

And it's gotta fit on a dvd what a shame. Hopefully they put more audio in the ps3 version.

WELCOME TO NEXT-GEN.

X26

Banned
Powerslave said:
I bet there will be some loading anyway, like how indoors had loadtimes in SA.

That was such a massive step backwards in SA from VC. In VC many interiors were seemless (ammunation, pizza place, hardware stores, etc.) and in SA they got rid of them and instead had lame markers that magically teleported you to the interior, really hurt the game imo

GTA4's interiors as I recall is supposed to be seemless for the most part though, right?

Guled

Pharmacy said:
this is gonna be the game of the year no matter what

- no i dont care about your arty ico releases only 200 people buy and fap over

- no i dont care about your "amazing single player experience" bioshock style stuff

- no i dont care about an mmorpg that gets millions of people hooked like heroin

- no i dont care about hentai games

this son, this is fucking GTA
MGS4, SSBB say hell no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom