• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

News Grand Theft Auto V comes to next-gen consoles on November 11th (GTA 3 stuff teased!)

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
Why do you guys keep talking like you know what the improvements will be?

Because they wouldn't use generic patch notes likes "visual and performance upgrades" to describe something substantial, or unveil it with a PS4 footage sizzle reel. What are you imagining here, a ground up remake in the GTA 6 next gen engine?

Last edited:

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
Rockstar is celebrating the 20th anniversary of GTA III with "even more fun surprises," some of which will be specifically for GTA Online.

deflate GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dec 26, 2008
Spain
I can’t believe it… they could have at least update it with new models to replace the ps3 stuff but noooo, same assets.

Jun 15, 2019
Considering the claim against the re3 project, there could be a remaster or remake in progress
Where are the remasters of GTA IV and RDR? I think it's far more likely that Rockstar and Take 2 have just changed their stance on modding in recent years. Don't want people using fan ports of the maps or fan projects in general, that doesn't bring in the GTA Online big dollars.

May 22, 2018
People that will buy this don't realize that by doing so, they're sending message to Rockstar that they can keep delaying GTA6 development and release.

SMH..

I like how you people think that because gtav still sells well that Rockstar is therefor "delaying" gtavi's "development and release". Come on now, does this really sound logical to you? Like...you really think that a rational assumption would be that any work at Rockstar has ground to a halt because gtav still sells well? This is the critical thinking skills a 6 year old would have.

Last edited:
Reactions: wolfboy203

Dust-by-Monday

Formerly 'just-a-spaz'
Mar 16, 2014
Imagine paying for this game again just to have the same experience PC already has since 2015 :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's not just going to be a port of the PC version though. It's going to be a full remaster of the game and upgrading the graphics even further than what PC has (similar to the jump from PS3 version to the PS4 version). I'm hoping for ray tracing and PBR materials. Couldn't care less if it's 60fps or 30fps.

Reactions: Phunkydiabetic

SSfox

Lies about why mods reply ban and warn me.
Jan 7, 2018
I like how you people think that because gtav still sells well that Rockstar is therefor "delaying" gtavi's "development and release". Come on now, does this really sound logical to you? Like...you really think that a rational assumption would be that any work at Rockstar has ground to a halt because gtav still sells well? This is the critical thinking skills a 6 year old would have.
Sure let's act that GTA6 isn't out yet because GTAV is still selling crazy 8 years after its release.

Oct 7, 2019
I'm very disappointed we have to wait until November. That's like a year after they announced it will be coming to the PS5? Oh well, will buy! 😁 Amazing game.

bargeparty

Apr 8, 2014
Even if the improvements are across the board, RT, ssd, resolution, textures etc, why couldn't this have been ready for launch? Really no excuse.

Because they wouldn't use generic patch notes likes "visual and performance upgrades" to describe something substantial, or unveil it with a PS4 footage sizzle reel. What are you imagining here, a ground up remake in the GTA 6 next gen engine?

You literally know nothing and I'm not even going to bother with a proper response.

ZywyPL

Nov 27, 2018
Yeah driving missions... that sucks... especially when the game is called Grand Theft AUTO

Which makes you wonder why they screw up the most crucial aspect of the game, the driving... Just when you thought it can't get any worse than GTA4 jelly springs...

ultrazilla

Sep 17, 2011
www.scifijapan.com
So what's the NeoGAF consensus on what the "next generation" PS5/Xbox Series X/S features will be for GTA V?

-Faster loading times?
-4k 60fps?
-4k 30fps with ray tracing?
-Completely remastered graphics(hi res textures, etc)

I just think at this point, Rockstar has to make some pretty substantial upgrades to the game to get people to bite again. Thought?

Jan 7, 2018
Wait didn't PS4 already got a remaster? So now they're making remasters of remasters? How do you even call one a re-re-master?

Yeah I'd rather have them dedicate all of their available work force to make new installments [sequels or even prequels] of games instead of re-re-masters... especially when the last in the series came out 8 years ago !

Mad As Hell GIF

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: mckmas8808

Yoboman

Sep 17, 2005
I really miss the release of a new GTA game. It’s a straight up event and I haven’t played or revisited since GTA5 launched on PS4

Last gen was definitely weaker for the lack of GTA. And RDR2 definitely didn’t fill that void for me

Reactions: mckmas8808

Rocco Schiavone

I am terrified of Microsoft and am always concerned about them.
Sep 5, 2020
I would buy the game only if they add new single player content. Got the PS3/PS4 version and the pc version for free from the epic store. No way I would buy the game again.

JerryinSoCal

Apr 11, 2020
Rockstar didn't give free upgrades to the PS4/XO versions of the game just 14 months after the PS3/360 launch. No way in hell were they giving free upgrades for the PS5/XSX version 7 years after the last console version of the game.
They did so much to make the game look better that "free" should never have been expected, if they make a similar leap here nobody should expect free and considering the game runs just fine in BC nobody should complain about being "forced" to buy it again, you can just keep the one you have.

Last edited:

HAL-01

Aug 23, 2016
Still don’t think it’ll look any better than current mods unless they move towards photorealism modifying their time cycles. We’ll see.

I will be pretty impressed if it can look like this but run twice the res and twice the FPS:

That’s not even a good looking mod, they just blew out the sun and increased contrast to the point highlights are completely crushed.

The new version will look better than this.

SSfox

Lies about why mods reply ban and warn me.
Jan 7, 2018
Imagine Stallone waking up from his cryonics and then first thing he want to do is to play the newest GTA games he missed. And then he'll found out every new GTA release is just another GTAV remaster.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: BlackM1st

Fictive

Nov 10, 2013
That’s not even a good looking mod, they just blew out the sun and increased contrast to the point highlights are completely crushed.

The new version will look better than this.
Yeah no, it actually looks good for a mod. Everyone’s calibration and settings will vary.

I doubt R*’s update will look any more photorealistic than what the modding community have offered. R* have a specific art style/direction they’re aiming, it isn’t just about photorealism for them.