• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Qassim

Yeah, that is what I'm gonna do. I'll get a console version to play again and eventually I'll pick up the PC version (at a lower price) to play on Steam when there are mods and the code is more stable. The PC versions are nice but driving with a mouse & keyboard never feels right.

I wish there was some way to drive with a controller and then instantly go to mouse & keyboard for gunfights.

I'm almost certain you could with GTAIV - most games these days support on the fly switching of controllers to keyboard and mouse.

For those complaining about the price, you might as well get used to it. It is a remastered edition. More content than before, while looking way better. There are countless people out there that haven't played it, that will buy it without batting an eye at the price. Perhaps because people already played through it they feel they should get it for cheaper? $60 is fine for this, for what they are doing. I'll likely be buying whatever stupid most expensive edition they have coming out. And I'll be dam happy about it, too.

People shouldn't have bought Wind Waker at 60 and this wouldn't have happened. lol

LCGeek

formerly sane
I'm almost certain you could with GTAIV - most games these days support on the fly switching of controllers to keyboard and mouse.

You can and its instant with GTA 4 and the DLC on a windows based machine. I know cause my newphew and cousins always do this when we switch off in my room during holiday or get togethers we have with family.

UrbanRats

I think Max Payne 3 had some extra care because it was a PC driven franchise.
I don't think we'll get tassellation an all that good stuff in this. (though they would work fine on PS4 and Xbone, too)

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
I was excited for this inevitable announcement, yet I had some expectation that the "next" gen version would have some new content. I would be happy with virtually any addition, even if it's just one more side mission. I've played through the 360 version now twice. I do with every GTA game. I love them. However considering the online component for the 360 version is still unfinished I have zero faith or interest in this version.

zlatko

Banned
I had no time for GTA5 when it released. Played a few hours at most and couldn't get into it to be honest.

This has my interest, but I bought GTA5 for the online originally and I feel that is a mistake. I prefer more thought out easy to get into death match kind of third person shooter fests for online game modes. I felt like GTA 5 from the little time I had with it was weak in the offerings it had for the online versus.

I may pick this up on my PS4 though if a buddy does too. You never know. It's a smart move by Rock Star either way.

Theyve already announced that story DLC will be coming out later this year.

Yeah, but not indication of what kind of scope we're looking at. All they mentioned was basically a sub-note on GTAO update news article:

GTAV Story Mode Updates. For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas.

"We have plans for additions." Okay. This announcement was made 7 months ago..

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ine-Update-Free-Deathmatch-Race-Creators-this

GTAV's world was so convincing that it still looks like what you would expect from a next-gen game in terms of believability, which a lot of next-gen open-world games either still don't or won't match.

AC has had some nice big buildings, but the cities' layouts/level design is highly repetitive or illogical, plus historically it's often completely wrong, such as a 19th century church facade in renaissance Italy, or a 19th century gothic-style mosque in 16th century Turkey, or that Havana cathedral in Black Flag. Etc.

GTA has worlds that feel real, from the small details to the city as a whole.

Preach it brother. GTA will always be the real deal.

did anybody else almost cry when they FINALLY heard it was coming to pc? like, out of joy lol

Best news of E3.

So glad I waited. I played about 3 hours of it and then read the rumor about a ps4 version. I save this game and the Last of Us for a ps4 playthrough. I can't wait to finally get into these games.

AmyS

With GTAV coming to the new present-generation consoles and PC, I can now forget all about the fact that
Ubisoft's Watch Dogs
even exists.

My only interest in that game was because the city it takes place in
Chicago
is where I was born, and grew up in the greater
Chicagoland area
and live here to this day.

Before release, I had thought that
Watch Dogs
would be the next-best thing to having a
GTA-Chicago.
However, because the 'driving all over a major city aspect' of that game looks, and looks like it probably feels not-so-well executed compared to a GTA game
never mind the graphical downgrades from the 2012 reveal
I became disheartened with
Ubisoft and their new IP

I have never played GTAV on 360 or PS3, so GTAV on PS4 will be the first time I play it, this coming fall. I have total faith in that GTAV will be fun for me, that driving around a huge city with all that traffic (day or night) on the newest PlayStation console will look and feel great, going by GTA IV on 360/PS3 and San Andreas on the first Xbox.

All I ask for is that the framerate on PS4 never dips into the 20s. Anything in the 30-40fps range (considering different situations) would be just right.

Also looking forward to decent load times, given that last-gen consoles had 512 MB total RAM and PS4 has something like ~5 GB (or whatever) available for Rockstar to optimized its open-world streaming tech.

Sold my PS3 copy late last year after the Eurogamer rumour of this happening. Was worried for a while that we wouldn't be seeing this in 2014 but it is and it looks great!

Playing two of the best games of last year (this and TLOU) in full HD will make me enjoy those games even more!

TSM

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - will the PC version support DS4/XB1 controllers?

If you use a 360 or XB1 controller you are golden on PC. Most every game that is released on PC with gamepad support will work straight out of box with either of those controllers. If you want to use any controller outside of those YMMV.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Sold my PS3 copy late last year after the Eurogamer rumour of this happening. Was worried for a while that we wouldn't be seeing this in 2014 but it is and it looks great!

Playing two of the best games of last year (this and TLOU) in full HD will make me enjoy those games even more!
This guy made the correct decision.

I'd love it if the following are improved:

- character switching loading
- initial loading
- GTA:O getting past the 16 player limit. World would work much better with 32 or even 64 players. What a fucking riot that would be.

Also, I'd love Sony to release a Share Factory update with various GTAV branded intros/transitions. How awesome would it be to have a Weasel News theme, for handling police chases? FUCKING awesome, that's how awesome.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
that wouldn't make any sense. transfer your sp progress to a game that you bought to play again? that's stupid

I want to fuck around in a more visually impressive version of the game without having to work my way through it for all the shit again.

xGreg

Excellent News! PC is going to be the best version!

Can´t wait for:

Better Graphics + Steamworks + MODs = WIN

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I think a lot here are grossly over estimated what's going to be needed to run this game, even at high settings.

I'm guessing that you never bought GTAIV on PC.
It was like the Trespasser of the '00s performance-wise.

BibiMaghoo

With GTAV coming to the new present-generation consoles and PC, I can now forget all about the fact that
Ubisoft's Watch Dogs
even exists.

My only interest in that game was because the city it takes place in
Chicago
is where I was born, and grew up in the greater
Chicagoland area
and live here to this day.

Before release, I had thought that
Watch Dogs
would be the next-best thing to having a
GTA-Chicago.
However, because the 'driving all over a major city aspect' of that game looks, and looks like it probably feels not-so-well executed compared to a GTA game
never mind the graphical downgrades from the 2012 reveal
I became disheartened with
Ubisoft and their new IP

Is this some meme I don't know about? I hope it is. If not why the fuck would you do that with the spoilers.

Not really... It's alright for some games, horrible for others.

I don't know man, maybe it's your connection but I haven't had a single bad experience on remote play. The only thing I'll say is the latency makes twitch/FPS shooters difficult to play, but other than that everything has run like a dream. Played a ton of Watch_Dogs via RP without missing a beat.

cripterion

I don't know man, maybe it's your connection but I haven't had a single bad experience on remote play. The only thing I'll say is the latency makes twitch/FPS shooters difficult to play, but other than that everything has run like a dream. Played a ton of Watch_Dogs via RP without missing a beat.

Yes that's why I said it's ok for some games (Ubisoft do RP properly for example) but not good for others, have you tried Resogun? Games that are 60 fps and get their frames halved kinda sucks, feels like playing through mud. Also most games have messed up controls cause of the lack of buttons.
I like my Vita but RP is quite far from amazing imo.

To stay on topic : Would be great to get additional music, would make the game feel fresh when people get back to it since most of us played it. Hope the multiplayer will be lively on pc.

Yeah, that is what I'm gonna do. I'll get a console version to play again and eventually I'll pick up the PC version (at a lower price) to play on Steam when there are mods and the code is more stable. The PC versions are nice but driving with a mouse & keyboard never feels right.

I wish there was some way to drive with a controller and then instantly go to mouse & keyboard for gunfights.

The only PC game I've played in a few years that didn't let me dynamically switch between controller and mouse&key was Far Cry 3.

Sundown

Banned
I just might jump on a PS4 bundle if there is one. I've been meaning to get one sooner or later, and I think it might be sooner depending on gameplay of Bloodborne.

knirk

Banned
So, what version are you guys most excited about, the PC, XBONE or PS4?

For me it's without a doubt the PC version.
Mainly because of the huge modding scene with so much awesome stuff.

Top Bottom