• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Seanspeed

Banned
Also cant wait to get me a Kavinsky/80's electro-synth custom radio station going.

With how amazing everything looks at night now, its going to be perfect when cruising around.

Wolfe

Flop? According to the stats a substantial amount of people are still playing it. I find it incredibly fun with friends and incredibly dull without.

That's just what people like to equate online to if they don't play anymore or weren't satisfied with it. It's not that plenty of people might still be playing it, instead it's "flopped".

I'm really looking forward to this, I'm currently only 30ish percent through my story playthrough (after restarting for some reason after 40ish percent) but I think I'll postpone finishing it until I can pick up the PS4 version. Online will hold me over until then easily.

They need to confirm the The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain 1080p 60fps.
All television in fact. Make use of that Bluray.

Yeah, I remember seeing leaked footage of the TV stuff before release, and the quality was a lot better than in the actual game, where it looked like a fuzzy mess. Disappointing after how good it looked in IV.

red731

Does anyone else like the games pause menu music ? I find it strangely soothing

http://youtu.be/e0h09RpeMSY

I love that piece of OST. I just ran it in background and do some stuff around room. Soothing is the right word.
It is like calm before the storm.

And that video comparison - wow.

I played the game again, yesterday on PS3 and I can't wait for the PC version I will get.
That said, I love the PS3 version too, because of the game and that I don't care about framedips or performance there - the game is there, so I play it and adapt to not care.

Seanspeed

Banned
Wow. I kind of assumed it would just be a resolution/framerate upgrade with maybe slightly better textures, lighting, and denser traffic/population. This is a lot farther than that.
Which is why people assuming this will be well optimized are perhaps overoptimistic. They've definitely taken proper advantage of the new console hardware.

Marleyman

Banned
In what world did it 'flop'? The servers are always packed.

And I always see a constant number of level 1-20's which mean new players are always coming through.

There are always a ton of new people online. It has grown to be my favorite experience online by far.

lefantome

After downloading the HQ video from Gamersyde I fear that the game was running at 900p or so on Ps4

If they can't give me 1080p I won't buy it. I want crystal clear image quality more than anything after having played the original more than 120 hours.

eso76

After downloading the HQ video from Gamersyde I fear that the game was running at 900p or so on Ps4

If they can't give me 1080p I won't buy it. I want crystal clear image quality more than anything after having played the original more than 120 hours.

Was it confirmed that the trailer was the PS4 version ? i really doubt they'd use a 900p trailer, since they didn't commit to showing a particular version.
That was most likely PC (unless they officially commented otherwise) and thus guaranteed 1080p-

It appears R* has been working their collective ass off for this version. Assets, textures, models, lighting etc. Everything has been retouched or redone.

I'm so double dipping day 1.

psn

Was it confirmed that the trailer was the PS4 version ? i really doubt they'd use a 900p trailer, since they didn't commit to showing a particular version.
That was most likely PC (unless they officially commented otherwise) and thus guaranteed 1080p-

It appears R* has been working their collective ass off for this version. Assets, textures, models, lighting etc. Everything has been retouched or redone.

If you watch the trailer on Rockstars HP it says captured from a ps4 at the end.

Tobor

It states as plain as day in the trailer that it's captured from a PS4.

Yup PS4.

Add'l question, How do Steamworks mods work? Say for example someone creates a car replacement mod and I want to download that. Is that easy? Because GTA 4's method of doing it was really time consuming and wasn't 100% working all the time. Does it include scripting mods too?

kudoboi

Add'l question, How do Steamworks mods work? Say for example someone creates a car replacement mod and I want to download that. Is that easy?

It isn't even confirmed if GTA V will use steamworks. but yes, steam workshop is very easy to use. Its literally pressing one button

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Add'l question, How do Steamworks mods work? Say for example someone creates a car replacement mod and I want to download that. Is that easy? Because GTA 4's method of doing it was really time consuming and wasn't 100% working all the time. Does it include scripting mods too?

Mod creators upload their mod to Steam Community and to download it you "subscribe" to the listing, which will install the mod and also enable the same automatic update functionality you see with games. The matter of what type of mods are supported ultimately depends on how restrictive (or non-restrictive) the game is in that regard -- Skyrim, for example, is more or less an open book, while Guacamelee only supports custom-made costumes. All that being said, I wouldn't expect GTAV to feature Steam Workshop support.

It isn't even confirmed if GTA V will use steamworks. but yes, steam workshop is very easy to use. Its literally pressing one button
Thanks, I was just wondering in general. I knew it wasn't confirmed yet.
Mod creators upload their mod to Steam Community and to download it you "subscribe" to the listing, which will install the mod and also enable the same automatic update functionality you see with games. The matter of what type of mods are supported ultimately depends on how restrictive (or non-restrictive) the game is in that regard -- Skyrim, for example, is more or less an open book, while titles like Guacamelee only support custom-made costumes. All that being said, I wouldn't expect GTAV to feature Steam Workshop support.
That sounds awesome. Though like you, I am pessimistic about it. It would be so much easier than downloading a script editor, replacing the model in game with the new one and loading the game to find out if it worked.
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.

thenexus6

Song from that trailer is catchy. I am impressed will be getting this even though I sold my xbox 360 copy not too long after completing it.

Wish this came out this summer and not fall, I need some games to play now lol. So many games bunched up around that time. Since I already played this, it will be on my backlog. Do look forward to playing this on pc. Could not stand the terrible framerates on console. GTA online was especially bad. Hope they finally release online heists by then, but I doubt it lol.

I only got to the infamous torture scene in the xbox version so I'll def be getting this for the PS4. Especially since i only borrowed it.

Hope i wasn't like 80% into the game or something at that point.

NastyBook

That comparison video is great. Like was mentioned earlier in the the thread, traffic.gif is so good. It really looks impressive.

screenshot2014-06-12avhs9m.png
I like how all the vehicles in the game have xenon lights now. Gonna hit the strippers up with Franklin one last time on the PS3, then trade this badboy in with TLoU.

Adios, Los Santos. See you in a few months!

lefantome

It's confirmed at the end of the trailer that was captured on a Ps4.

I must say that the trailer isn't even 16:9

eso76

It states as plain as day in the trailer that it's captured from a PS4.

Oh.

It could be a good idea to start reading stuff appearing after the videos themselves instead of closing the tab as soon as the logo comes up then :\

Certinty

Unrealistic expectations:
- 6 Star wanted level (Army)
- Better cheats
- No ammo cap on weapons
- More interiors (Nightclub, shops etc.)
- Cockpit camera
- More mini games (Basketball, gym)

Holy shit, all the upgrades to lighting, texture, added content and increased traffic assets really make it feel like a generational leap. It's like someone turned HDR on for the PS4 version. With this and the Master Chief Collection I'll be more than sated until some decent new stuff comes out on XBO.

Tigress

I'm sure many developers would love to put stuff like this in, but they tend to not have the resources, time and manpower that Rockstar have.

I'm sure. Doesn't stop me from wishing it though ;). I mean in ideal world all would be able to do so. Hell, at least the developers of my favorite game I wish would (Bethesda and Obsidian: Fallout). Course that might just mean even more bugs in the game (because I am a huge fallout and Elder Scrolls fans most other games people complain of bugs I tend to be like? What? this runs really smooth!).

And sadly, I think the first thing I'll do in GTA V when I get it again is look for cats (yeah, I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady *grin*).

And I'll echo what some one else said, I'm glad they put the effort into the next gen port by adding more small details (like more grass, different animals and stuff like longer draw distances and more traffic, more people in the game, hell, the cops lights shine better, you can see the light diffuse out) over just making the resolution and FPS better (sorry, I tend to like the small touches over just a refinement in graphics). That's the kind of improvements I want to see more in next gen (I fear all this focus on resolution and frame rate will make developers just focus on that).

I really like how Rockstar pays attention to the small touches. It really makes a large difference overall.

kitzkozan

Holy shit, all the upgrades to lighting, texture, added content and increased traffic assets really make it feel like a generational leap. It's like someone turned HDR on for the PS4 version. With this and the Master Chief Collection I'll be more than sated until some decent new stuff comes out on XBO.

Plenty of people felt that the game was too ambitious for the PS360 and they were right. These current gen consoles/PC will be the way to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. :] Glad I didn't hesitate to sell the 360 version quickly after buying it, so this is going to be a brand new experience for me.

leadbelly

Banned
Plenty of people felt that the game was too ambitious for the PS360 and they were right. These current gen consoles/PC will be the way to experience the game the way it was meant to be played. :] Glad I didn't hesitate to sell the 360 version quickly after buying it, so this is going to be a brand new experience for me.

Well, I never bought the game because I knew it was coming. It was obvious from the start.

Imagine what they could do with a brand new engine. The difference between Assassin's Creed 4 and Assassin's Creed Unity is very apparent. With Rockstar's attention to detail, a true next-gen GTA would be mindblowing.

Top Bottom