• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Hoping that they can tweak the RAGE / physics engine for this to be closer to RDR & Max Payne for bullet damage. It was disappointing in GTAV to shoot a guy and watch him fall over, grab his leg, and then bleed out. In RDR, if you shot a guy's leg, he'd fall to the ground, grab his leg, and either hobble after you trying to shoot you or drag himself away with a "broken" leg. They tuned down the reactions to things like this in GTAV, which was fine, but too often shooting someone killed them... and I wouldn't mind bring back that RDR / Max Payne bullet reactions.

I think it's pretty much a given, but an increased player count in MP please.

This would be absolutely insane. I would probably play this every day online if they had a 64 player count. I'm online weekly as it is on PS3.

Hoping that they can tweak the RAGE / physics engine for this to be closer to RDR & Max Payne for bullet damage. It was disappointing in GTAV to shoot a guy and watch him fall over, grab his leg, and then bleed out. In RDR, if you shot a guy's leg, he'd fall to the ground, grab his leg, and either hobble after you trying to shoot you or drag himself away with a "broken" leg. They tuned down the reactions to things like this in GTAV, which was fine, but too often shooting someone killed them... and I wouldn't mind bring back that RDR / Max Payne bullet reactions.

I'm all for this too! I'd also love it if Trevor's special ability allowed limb dismemberment.

Carnby

About six months ago, I casually mentioned to a Gamestop employee that a PS4 version of GTAV was in the works. He rudely told me that GTAV will never come out on PS4 because it is "bad for business". I love how certain employees think they have their finger on the pulse of the gaming industry because they work at GS.

I'm tempted to go back and troll him.

Raptomex

Another advantage of using a mouse is that you can nicely look around while driving, much better than with a controller.

Flying is indeed very hard and not fun with keyboard+mouse. Usually when I'm flying I only use the keyboard and don't use the mouse at all, it works better than flying with a mouse. In GTA Vice City and San Andreas this works quite well, but in GTA IV it's damn frustrating and doesn't work remotely as good as in VC/SA.

Besides flying, GTA works great with keyboard+mouse.

Looking at the Steam page I'm pleased to see that Rockstar North is the developer of this port, yeah! The GTA IV port by Rockstar Toronto was horrible.
Lol in GTAIV I just connected a controller whenever I needed to fly.

I think for the PC version of V I'll just use a controller.

GTA 3 is the best 3D GTA for kb&m. The dodo is a challenge to fly regardless.

About six months ago, I casually mentioned to a Gamestop employee that a PS4 version of GTAV was in the works. He rudely told me that GTAV will never come out on PS4 because it is "bad for business". I love how certain employees think they have their finger on the pulse of the gaming industry because the work at GS.

DOOOOOO IT.

leadbelly

Banned
The highway is so full of cars, I don't think its fun driving through that mess.

Well, it's going to be a time of day thing isn't it?

I like it anyway, simply because it gives you a greater sense of actually being in a living city.

Lol in GTAIV I just connected a controller whenever I needed to fly.

I think for the PC version of V I'll just use a controller.

GTA 3 is the best 3D GTA for kb&m. The dodo is a challenge to fly regardless.

If I remember right, you can actually use both. If you put down your controller and use mouse & keyboard, it will just work.

Tigress

About six months ago, I casually mentioned to a Gamestop employee that a PS4 version of GTAV was in the works. He rudely told me that GTAV will never come out on PS4 because it is "bad for business". I love how certain employees think they have their finger on the pulse of the gaming industry because the work at GS.

DOOOOOO IT.

I gotta agree... I did that to some one who only a week ago figuratively laughed in my face on some gaming forum and said it was ridiculous to think they would make a PS4 version (it's all about making the money!). I wasn't even saying for sure it was coming, just saying I hoped it was. I just went back and asked him, "What was that you were saying?"

Oh! I wonder when somebody will release a mod that allows you to add your own music tracks for the radio stations on PC after the game releases? The track selection outside of a couple of stations (Classic rock station being my favourite) was pretty poor in my opinion, so it'll be great to remedy that and add more!

Carnby

I gotta agree... I did that to some one who only a week ago figuratively laughed in my face on some gaming forum and said it was ridiculous to think they would make a PS4 version (it's all about making the money!). I just went back and asked him, "What was that you were saying?"

I'm thinking of saying "Can I preorder GTAV or is it still bad for business?"

Of course I will forget my wallet in the car and not actually preorder from this schmo-hawk.

About six months ago, I casually mentioned to a Gamestop employee that a PS4 version of GTAV was in the works. He rudely told me that GTAV will never come out on PS4 because it is "bad for business". I love how certain employees think they have their finger on the pulse of the gaming industry because they work at GS.

Of course I will forget my wallet in the car and not actually preorder from this schmo-hawk.

Do it! Do it!

Oh! I wonder when somebody will release a mod that allows you to add your own music tracks for the radio stations on PC after the game releases? The track selection outside of a couple of stations (Classic rock station being my favourite) was pretty poor in my opinion, so it'll be great to remedy that and add more!

The PC version has always had a "custom" radio station option right back from GTA 3 (may have been in 1 and 2 I can't remember). The custom radio station in GTA 4 was called Independence FM and allowed you to play your mp3's. Unfortunately like much of GTA 4 it was glitchy at the best of times.

Hopefully Rockstar will keep the "custom radio" tradition alive for the PC version of GTA 5. Although some are speculating that Rockstar have ditched it because there is no mention of the feature in the press release. We will have to wait and see.

Skyr

Go for it!!!!

Don't forget to do this afterwards and tell us how it tasted.

UnfathomableSadness.gif

Grief.exe

I wonder what his justification was for such an opinion.

bobawesome

What are you, 12?

another thing in the traielr that can be noticed is how the worker in some of these factories are actually using the vehicles, going on about their day, taking notes. In the old gen versions we had some of that, but here it seems much more improved

Certinty

I've been watching the trailer for this so much I've completely lost interest in completing Watch Dogs or even playing the 360 version again.

I hope they come up with a different way to stream the data for the game. I would preferably like to just get the game digitally. I remember last gen it ran the best when it streamed data from the HD and DVD drive or fast USB at the same time. Or did they fix that?

BibiMaghoo

You can move data from the PS3 and Xbox 360 to current generation consoles and PC.

You cannot move single player. That would be impossible. The only reason you can move online is because it is not stored locally. This misinformation needs to stop, because people keep repeating it over and over, and it has never been true.

You cannot transfer single player, on any platform, too any platform.

I hope they come up with a different way to stream the data for the game. I would preferably like to just get the game digitally. I remember last gen it ran the best when it streamed data from the HD and DVD drive or fast USB at the same time. Or did they fix that?

Wouldn't the increased ram help with this?

Dead

well not really...yet
Those improvements are considerable. With the addition of more wildlife, im hoping well get more of other stuff too hopefully? More new songs, vehicles and other shit?

Either way guaranteed ill be doing a 2nd playthrough. Looks beautiful.

Top Bottom