• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah, Dubai is an interesting place. Would love to roam it in GTA VI and some post-apocalyptic setting :D

Spec-Ops: The Line uses Dubai as a setting. The entire city is ravaged by a massive sandstorm which cut it off from the world. It's as post-apocalyptic as it gets.

JIeJ25W.jpg

EENdsup.jpg

pZxJMm0.jpg

Why are people worrying that it won't release this year exactly? Because there wasn't anything out of Gamescom? Rockstar never attends the game conferences, the brief trailer at E3 was such a surprise because they never do that kind of thing.

Vuze

Spec-Ops: The Line uses Dubai as a setting. The entire city is ravaged by a massive sandstorm which cut it off from the world. It's as post-apocalyptic as it gets.

Yeah, I played it, great game and awesome setting. But not much too free-roam ;)

Dubai or Pyongyang would be a very interesting setting for an open world game. Sadly I doubt Rockstar is going anywhere new for GTA anytime soon.

antitrop

Didn't really get to explore it though. It was an amazing game.

Yeah, I played it, great game and awesome setting. But not much too free-roam ;)

hmmm maybe I should try spec-ops. Surprised to hear good things. It sounded so flawed in the initial reviews

bWRg1Jm.jpg

Grief.exe

The dream is still alive!!

@commando1984 A release date for GTAV on XB1/PS4&PC would be good please?

@RockstarSupport GTAV for PS4/Xbox One/PC is coming fall 2014. Subscribe here for updates: … 2:51 PM - 15 Aug 2014

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/500263413365227521

Was it ever really in question? Take Two reported it for this Fall in their latest quarterly report, the same report that delayed Evolve to 2015.
Something like GTAV would wildly swing their quarterly profit projections.

Vidpixel

The dream is still alive!!

@commando1984 A release date for GTAV on XB1/PS4&PC would be good please?

@RockstarSupport GTAV for PS4/Xbox One/PC is coming fall 2014. Subscribe here for updates: … 2:51 PM - 15 Aug 2014

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/500263413365227521

I just want a new trailer already, preferably one of those infomercial-type ones where they just detail all the improvements in the "current-gen" iterations.

I just want a new trailer already, preferably one of those infomercial-type ones where they just detail all the improvements in the "current-gen" iterations.
I asked about a PC trailer and got the generic "Unfortunately, we have not released any information about that." response back. wasn't surprised at all.

Why are people worrying that it won't release this year exactly? Because there wasn't anything out of Gamescom? Rockstar never attends the game conferences, the brief trailer at E3 was such a surprise because they never do that kind of thing.

It sounds too good to be true, which is why I don't believe... (but I want to!)

Cubed

Winter doesn't start until December 21st... So they could release this on Tuesday, December 16th and they still wouldn't be liars.

That's 4 entire months from now. I can buy that it will make it in time.

RyudBoy

They're hard at work getting the XB1 version to 1080p60. PS4 version is already there.

Believe.

antitrop

It will run 30fps not 60

60 frames per second on consoles is not a thing we'll probably ever see from Rockstar North.

I can't wait to find out what they're doing after GTA V Remaster, though. I do ritualistic dances at night hoping it's a Red Dead game.

To be fair I'd rather have them significantly upgrade texture resolution, traffic/pedestrian density than trying to push for 60fps.

Hardlocked 30fps is fine.

Definitely. 60fps open world games on consoles is an unreasonable expectation.

SJRB

Gold Member
60 frames per second on consoles is not a thing we'll probably ever see from Rockstar North.

To be fair I'd rather have them significantly upgrade texture resolution, traffic/pedestrian density than trying to push for 60fps.

Hardlocked 30fps is fine.

Not sure if someone asked earlier, but does anyone know if GameStop is doing a trade in program for GTAV? As in trade in your PS360 copy and get the XO/PS4 version for 10 bucks?

Liamc723

Not sure if someone asked earlier, but does anyone know if GameStop is doing a trade in program for GTAV? As in trade in your PS360 copy and get the XO/PS4 version for 10 bucks?

They might do, but it would probably be for half price, no way they'd give you the PS4/Xbox One version for only $10.

woen

Winter doesn't start until December 21st... So they could release this on Tuesday, December 16th and they still wouldn't be liars.

That's 4 entire months from now. I can buy that it will make it in time.

Mid-november is a solid lead. You don't release AAA games in mid-december, even if it's GTA.

I've got two.

Open world game. Console.

They're are no reasons, they're are two words you threw and you know it's bs.

gaf.jpg

I might actually have some interest in next gen mutplayer now.
  • Cash rewards are no longer reduced by 50% on replay of a Contact Mission. Players will now receive the full reward for completing a Mission every time.
  • Players now receive more Cash for playing Contact Missions in groups:
    Two players – +10% Cash
    Three players – +20% Cash
    Four players – +30% Cash
  • Cash and RP for Contact Missions have been rebalanced. This is to ensure that all Contact Missions pay out a fair reward in relation to the mission difficulty and amount of time taken. The potential cash payouts have increased significantly overall, although some specific missions have been reduced as a result of the rebalance.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...-Update-1-6-Makes-it-Easier-to-Earn-Cash.html

Top Bottom