• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzle24

Los_Santos.jpg

I'm going going, back back, to the Grove bitch!

UrbanRats

Sarcasm? Images are cut off uncentered and feels like it was copy and pasted from a brochure. This OT is probably the worst I've seen.

seriously. enthusiasm for the game = enthusiasm for the soulless, completely prefabricated ot?...

I guess you guys never opened an instruction manual of a GTA game since GTAIII? You'd get to OT's brochure style, otherwise.
Also, the written stuff in the OT is original (while following the above mentioned style) how does that make it "prefabricated"?

Word is the map leaked this morning. haven't had a min to check this thread... ahh, it's been posted. nice.

This spotify playlist is incredible. David Allen Coe - Long Haired Redneck. great track.

AEREC

I guess you guys never opened an instruction manual of a GTA game since GTAIII? You'd get to OT's brochure style, otherwise.
Also, the written stuff in the OT is original (while following the above mentioned style) how does that make it "prefabricated"?

I have...still doesn't mean it would make good OT material.

Hindle

Banned
Which version of the game is Brit Gaf playing? Any guys playing on the 360? Add me on Zero Empathy or PM me your tag.

Yasae

Banned
Not to bring everything down, but is there a good reason anymore that this isn't having a simultaneous release on PC? The way I see it, that's throwing money down the drain.

dreamfall

Woke up, dreaming about this game!

The wait- we are so close!

Can't wait to go on underwater expeditions to uncover all sorts of mysteries!

Not to bring everything down, but is there a good reason anymore that this isn't having a simultaneous release on PC? The way I see it, that's throwing money down the drain.

Rockstar never seems to get the PC version out at the same time as consoles. Usually 6 months to a year later- as evident by nearly all other GTA titles that came to the platform. (Exception: Episodes of Liberty City, came to the PS3 same day after Xbox Exclusivity ended)

Hip Hop

Extra features and more optimization time with the PC version?

That's what I would think.

jaaz

So, there's a screenie of a commercial airliner. I suppose chances are slim to none we'll get to fly it, right?

For those thinking the map is too small, here is a comparision with GTA 4's Liberty City map:

http://i.imgur.com/USaFo0Q.jpg

That just blew my mind. I remember them saying something about that also, that scrunched together LC is smaller than LS proper.

I'm sure the game will be more than enough for me to explore. Just looking at it I can't imagine all the cool shit that will be underwater!

HYPE

Also, is the TV spot in the OT? I was rewatching all the videos from the links but didn't seem to see that one.

360 SE version first, PC down the road, PS4 version (if it happens).

Yeah I'm trying to avoid it too. I'll never understand why people do this to themselves when we're only a week away.

Maps don't usually spoil anything for me. It will bet the first thing I look at before even playing the game anyway (during install). Might as well satiate my appetite now!

What is "it's time to go home" all about? Pretty weak IMO

lulz.

GreyWind

Am I the only one who finds GTA IV depressing? The city, the dark filter, autumn season setting kind of environment. Never finished the story.

Ian

I wasn't too fussed about GTA V until I read the awesome OT. I just broke down and preordered the PS3 version!

Do we know yet if this has any of the annoying girlfriend / cousin / nagging shit that pretty much ruined GTA IV (for me at least)? That would be a bit of a bummer.

dreamfall

Am I the only one who finds GTA IV depressing? The city, the dark filter, autumn season setting kind of environment. Never finished the story.

I love the grit and grey!

But the colors in this game, god damn. Some of Red Dead's sunsets, orange hues, pretty blues of the ocean- Los Santos is here to stay!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm rewatching the GTA 4 trailers... The trailers are still good but OMG Niko was so boring and terrible...ugh.

Awww... he's my favourite. One cool customer.

Yeah I'm trying to avoid it too. I'll never understand why people do this to themselves when we're only a week away.

I haven't studied it, but I had a peek. After all, it is the first thing you'll look at when you open the box, right?

I love the grit and grey!

You love everything!!! XD It's so refreshing to see on NeoGAF.

Sickbean

Horses for courses really.

I'd be quite happy for someone to tell me the entire plot, knowing that it wouldn't diminish my enjoyment of the game.

There's a good article by Film Crit Hulk on spoilers here (ignore the all caps if you're new to him, the guy is really really sharp and knows his stuff) -

http://badassdigest.com/2013/06/05/film-crit-hulk-smash-hulk-vs.-spoilers-and-the-4-levels-of-how-we-consume-a/

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Which version of the game is Brit Gaf playing? Any guys playing on the 360? Add me on Zero Empathy or PM me your tag.

Most of us are on PS3 but there's a healthy contingent of contrarian bastards too.

BTW, seeing a lot of BritGAFers here, you guys should come join us in the community forum. We have a rollicking good time.

People moaning about a perfectly good OT, yep, it's the internet sadly.

The map looks great, can't wait.

First thing I'm doing is going for a cruise around the highways, possibly obeying traffic laws until some bastard hits me, then it's rampage time.

molnizzle

Is there a link somewhere with the OT images scaled to a size that makes them more readable on 2560x1440 and/or "retina" displays? This is one of the least functional OT's I've seen on GAF. Shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom