• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyH

Great OT and to make the week hopefully go a bit faster im back on GTA 3 gonna try do 3,VC and most of san andreas before tuesday

wizzbang

Banned
If you guys had to pick one thing that gets you the most excited for GTA V...what would it be?

For me it would have to be the fact that we can explore and go on treasure hunts underwater!

PnkmLkT.jpg

It's the city.
That's it, I play it for the world they make.
Fuck Michael and Franklin and Chop and Hillbilly - fuck em, I play to live in that world, it's fucking glorious.

Ridiculous GTA Forums map comments part 2
Enjoy and be happy we're on NeoGAF

ANd blind R* fanboyism continues in every topic, you people will rather jump under a train then admit that R* made a mistake or f*cked up something. Not saying that game will be bad, it will be good, but country will get boring pretty soon

Anyone else lost the hype? Big map but nothing but deserted empty spaces, i don't care about another city but i thought they would of atleast spread towns around the map, it seems to me like a country side simulator more then anything else and after seeing it ingame for the first time it will get old and repetative fast.

So if the map is really so big like everyone says, why didnt they include San Fierro and Las Venturas instead of f*cking desert everywhere. I really couldnt care less if the map would be a little smaller then, but seriously the map is so huge and only one f*cking city?

When they said that the map was much bigger than GTA4. They forgot to mention that two thirds of it was empty :/

5 years of development.

Do not think that the landscape is going to be barren, my friend. There are going to be dozens of cabins, shacks on land and perhaps even underground caves and sunken ships on the bottom of the ocean.

This wait is so hard...

Hopefully this won't turn into spoiler zone in a few days.. ( since i'm not gonna be able to play the first week )

When they said that the map was much bigger than GTA4. They forgot to mention that two thirds of it was empty :/

The vast country and desert has been in pretty much every bit of media about the game. And since when has GTA had a big world with nothing to do? This isn't Just Cause. You could also aim the same criticism at San Andreas. Sure, it has 3 cities, but all 3 combined don't even begin to reach the scale of Los Santos. Not to mention the country/desert are my favourite locations in San Andreas and RDR is my favourite game this gen.

dreamfall

Crazy talk!

I love the wilderness and countryside! Respite from the glitz and glam of the city.

Peaceful solace out there- much like Red Dead. I hope there are purchasable mansions in the middle of nowhere.

wizzbang

Banned
LOL, that cheating! Pick one thing from the city! : P

To contradict what others in this thread have said, I actually like going back to an "empty" map - the real world is fucking "empty"
Some of the best GTA moments ever was in GTA:SA just cruising along a highway with fuck all around, going off the road and finding a track leading to a farm or a small tinpot shithole town or something.
FFFFFFFFFFnnnnnnnnnGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I'm so ready FUCK!

Am I the only one who finds GTA IV depressing? The city, the dark filter, autumn season setting kind of environment. Never finished the story.

I quite enjoyed it, but I'm biased since I'm from NYC and just traveling in Liberty City felt just like NYC. I hope we'll get a Liberty City expansion for GTAO

Ridiculous GTA Forums map comments part 2
Enjoy and be happy we're on NeoGAF

Truth be told, I'm really disappointed with the map as well at a first look. The city it self may be big, but I would really prefer if they spread that out a bit instead of having one big city (south) and one BIG country side (north). I'm gonna play the shit out of this regardless, but the map layout at a first glance is bugging me.

Do not think that the landscape is going to be barren, my friend. There are going to be dozens of cabins, shacks on land and perhaps even underground caves and sunken ships on the bottom of the ocean.

I guess so.

It's just that Map picture that makes it look so empty.

Yeah, sometimes the countryside actually has countryside. There is a HUGE city (biggest one they've ever done) in the game PLUS all that "empty" which includes other areas of interest.

Probably one of the weirdest complaints I've seen. I always felt GTA IV was too "small" because everything just kind of blurred together into one big city (which was the expected outcome, it was supposed to be one big city) but now you get that coupled with random things we've seen in all the trailers (dams, huge bridges, canyons, mountains, rivers, lakes, farmland, different smaller towns, etc ... ).

I mean, I get the complaint if LS was small, but it's been noted to be the size of LC by the developers in a couple interviews.

dreamfall

I feel like I have enough information, I don't want specifics which is leaking this time, I like the stuff from previous GTA releases, it kind of came out in a more generic feel I guess.

Exactly this.

Not watching any video reviews and hoping that the descriptions don't spoil anything !

I feel like I have enough information, I don't want specifics which is leaking this time, I like the stuff from previous GTA releases, it kind of came out in a more generic feel I guess.
I'm talking purely on a performance point of view. I'm getting a refund if it runs like shit. I appreciate a lot of you don't care, and after GTA IV's backlash that's your prerogative.

dreamfall

So glad rampages are back. GTA4 did not have enough of the silly stuff...took itself too seriously.

The Ballad of Gay Tony would like a word!

Yusuf Amir and the insanity that followed was amazing. And those parachutes, a god send. Let us carry more than one!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nice to see the map. Seems like they increased the "scale" of the world pretty massively, going by the comparison. Liberty City might be "more city" it's also more condensed, and more skyscrapers. But LS looks like a "real" city.

It looks "smaller" but obviously isn't. So either cars traverse faster in this game than IV, or it's gonna take awhile to get anywhere in this game :lol

Looks like the 2 other "larger" secondary cities cover as much space as Bohan in IV, so that's nice, and maybe if you combined those 2 cities and the 3rd next largest (
looks like Grapeseed, Paleto Bay, Sandy Shores
), looks like it might equal the size of Dukes.

Now, I have a good guess at what the Purple transportation lines are (Trains). I've got hopes for that red line (Subways?).

Lots and lots of curvy mountain roads :D

Rolfgang

I wasn't too fussed about GTA V until I read the awesome OT. I just broke down and preordered the PS3 version!

Do we know yet if this has any of the annoying girlfriend / cousin / nagging shit that pretty much ruined GTA IV (for me at least)? That would be a bit of a bummer.

There is this mission where you have to babysit your kids. When they climb outta the window to have unprotected sex with bad-mouthed teenies, you fail the mission.

wizzbang

Banned
I'm talking purely on a performance point of view. I'm getting a refund if it runs like shit. I appreciate a lot of you don't care, and after GTA IV's backlash that's your prerogative.

GTA4 certainly wasn't a 60fps full 720p experience but I played it to completion and enjoyed it. If you really want it quality - I can get behind that, I hear you. I would suspect that will be covered in some reviews but glossed over by the rest :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom