• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grape-kun (Kemono Friends penguin fan) has died

Well, at least many people had a great time following the story of Grape-kun. And even though he's gone, he will in my opinion forever be linked to Kemono Friends.

massoluk

Banned
iXvgsGg.png
I feel empty inside...

G.ZZZ

The story hit close to home because it show that everyone react the same way to loss and sadness, even animals. He couldn't bear it and coped by escaping reality like a lot of people do.

May you have died happy in your fantasy mr. penguin.

NZerker12

Grape-kun!! Noooooooo!!!

It was only last month when I discovered his story, poor little guy.

RIP :(

May you forever be with your waifu.

NSESN

I usually dislike waifu culture but it was pretty neat that it somehow helped an animal to liver better. Animals are closer to humans than we think. RIP.

CorwinB

I'm really sad now...
I discovered Grape-Kun and Hululu through the GAF thread, and it quickly became a meme in my family (my daughter's love name for her boyfriend is "my penguin", so we started calling her "Hululu-chan"). Won't be the same now...

RIP Grape-Kun. :(

Zelias

Banned
Should put up a cardboard cutout of Grape-kun next to his beloved waifu.

Good night sweet Prince, and a flight of Hululu-chans sing thee to thy rest.

You guys need to stop posting lol. I'm doing my best not to tear up on the train just seeing all this stuff.

God damn my soft spot for animals and especially penguins.

A big one has left us.

We will never forget his teachings about love and overcoming sadness even if we already reached a certain age. Always pushing to the limits.

Thank you for all this Grape-kun, we will always be grateful.

Thoraxes

Read a tweet that said this:

"According to a statement from the zoo, the "Fururu" signboard accompanied Grape-kun to the hospital, and was with him in his final moments."

Fuck.

Official homage illustration from Yoshizaki Mine. This is actually a picture of a new billboard placed in the zoo, not a direct rip, which is why the lighting is odd.

Here's some shots of the memorial for Grape-kun at the zoo

Read a tweet that said this:

"According to a statement from the zoo, the "Fururu" signboard accompanied Grape-kun to the hospital, and was with him in his final moments."

Fuck.
Noooooo my heart! 😢😭

That's so brutally touching. Yet it makes me tear up!

Top Bottom