• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Was ready to get this but may have to put it off for a while

Forgot KH comes out 4 days later and it would really suck missing my first KH release just out of pure tradition =/

Guymelef

After a few hours 'm going to say the only thing doesn't convince me (for now at least) seems like you can't upgrade things like life metter (auto upgrade after some missions aside) or flying speed, now are things that depends from talismans (if you equip the correct one)

Wish I didn't preorder it so late. Probably going to miss playing this when it unlocks in 6 and a half hours. In fact, I'll probably miss launch day at this rate.

I get 8GB of data on my phone plan so I just tethered it to my PS4 to download everything needed to start the application. Now to wait the 16-18 hours to download the last 11GB.

wouwie

I'm really looking forward to this now (getting it on friday). I only saw some footage of the city environment so i haven't seen any other locations. I'm curious about the music too. The music in GR1 was stellar so i'm wondering how it will be in the sequel (should be good since it's the same composer). Also, i wonder if it will be possible to meet travellers again since i enjoyed that aspect in the first game.

Number45

Are the DLC outfits from the original game unlocked automatically, or do you need the save from the first game? I removed it from my PS4 when I got the platinum but I can always download again and grab the save from PS+.

Finally preordered and restarted the Vita version, which is great fun. The "stealth" portion in the beginning didn't really work for me though. The camera doesn't show enough for you to know when to jump up other than by the cues the game leaves for you (gems).

Someone asked about the theme before. You can see a little bit of it here:

C2XtpHQXAAEC-oy.jpg

Edit: aw yes, time to begin my second adventure with Kat!

Eeek, I'm so excited!

C2X7XSSUUAAnVCF.jpg

Also it's really nice to see the PSUK twitter account promote GR2 like this

C2X7ilQVQAABAna.jpg

After a few hours 'm going to say the only thing doesn't convince me (for now at least) seems like you can't upgrade things like life metter (auto upgrade after some missions aside) or flying speed, now are things that depends from talismans (if you equip the correct one)

Yeah, I haven't dug too far into this yet. I haven't worked out when the automatic life and gravity meter upgrades happen (I've had it happen after both story and side missions), but I do miss being able to upgrade them manually. I really liked being able to upgrade my Shifting speed above all else in the first game, but here you don't have any control over that. I suppose it depends on just how easy it is to find the right Talismans.

My only other complaint is that they still have your Fast Fall ability (can't remember the proper name for it) mapped to X, so you can't move the camera while Shifting at top speed. I wish they would have moved it to a shoulder button for the sequel. You can obviously remap the controls with the PS4's accessibility thing, but then you'd be jumping with the wrong button because they're the same control input. Bit of a pain, but not a dealbreaker, of course.

Apart from that, I'm loving it. Everything I loved about the first game is back, with a few really nice new features, and I've only just scratched the surface. I've just been zooming around collecting my pink glowy things for an hour, and it's pure bliss :p

I have too much stuff to play. I'm also getting dragon quest 8 instead since I see that being harder to find and less likely to go on sale.

Sony drops price on their games pretty well over time.

Shin-chan

Any word on if the Japanese version has full English text? With it being a global release I'd hope so.

I wanna know if I can order from Amazon here or if I need to go digital.

Can you check the trophies? still nothing for me.

I can view trophy data if I look at what's on my PS4 (so far I can only access them when I unlock a trophy).

Doesn't look too taxing.

No difficulty trophy as far as I can see. There is a trophy for collecting 60,000 gems though

dracula_x

Any word on if the Japanese version has full English text? With it being a global release I'd hope so.

I wanna know if I can order from Amazon here or if I need to go digital.

unlikely. for example, TLG was without english support.

btw, you can ask here – http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=7357

Any easy way as an American to buy this from UK or whatever?

1. create UK PSN account
2. buy digital download card (on Game.co.uk for example – http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/playstation-network/playstation-network-cards/ )

Yaster

1. create UK PSN account
2. buy digital download card (on Game.co.uk for example – http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/playstation-network/playstation-network-cards/ )
The game isn't out in the UK until Friday either. You will be able to buy from an Aussie account though.

Talking about the trophies, it's going to be a long game for those wanting the platinum, doing all story and side missions takes a good 25ish hours, then you'll need to work on challenges and taking photographs (the latter of which can be done using a guide when someone makes them, I went around finding them all myself).

But it's the special Nevi which I think I am going to struggle with. These seem to be random encounters when you are going through the mine sites.

The game isn't out in the UK until Friday either. You will be able to buy from an Aussie account though.

Talking about the trophies, it's going to be a long game for those wanting the platinum, doing all story and side missions takes a good 25ish hours, then you'll need to work on challenges and taking photographs (the latter of which can be done using a guide when someone makes them, I went around finding them all myself).

But it's the special Nevi which I think I am going to struggle with. These seem to be random encounters when you are going through the mine sites.

That last part is disappointing to hear.
Are the paintings easy to find
?

If the special Nevi are like the last game, they'll be in specific locations. They are pretty tough too.

I'm definitely going for the plat though. More reason to keep playing GR! :p

Yaster

That last part is disappointing to hear.
Are the paintings easy to find
?

They are distinctive, but don't stand a mile out. You get given good clues to find them with, but I would advise doing them last as the clues point out landmarks to go to. These will be easier to find after you have spent a bit of time in the game world.
If the special Nevi are like the last game, they'll be in specific locations. They are pretty tough too.

I'm definitely going for the plat though. More reason to keep playing GR! :p

Ah but they are not I'm afraid, I am aware of how the Special Nevi appeared in GR1, but things are different now.

They are distinctive, but don't stand a mile out. You get given good clues to find them with, but I would advise doing them last as the clues point out landmarks to go to. These will be easier to find after you have spent a bit of time in the game world.

That's good to hear. Sounds much easier than the travellers from the first game :p

I forget if GRR had it, but
I just activated first person mode and that messed me up. Flying through air like that is surreal.

Yaster

That's good to hear. Sounds much easier than the travellers from the first game :p

I forget if GRR had it, but
I just activated first person mode and that messed me up. Flying through air like that is surreal.

Oh aye, that option is a nice touch, would be impossible to play through whole game that way though.

I see, I see.

Well, hope they aren't too random.

I avoided the mines for the most of my playthrough, I would hope I have a bit more to learn about them and that obtaining gems and finding rare baddies more frequently would have a trick to it.

At present the servers are still offline, hopefully online play will bring soemthing that changes it up.

Shin-chan

1. create UK PSN account
Hmm thanks, that's not looking so good.

I had seen that site before thanks but noticed they hadn't yet updated the GR2 listing (obviously because it isn't out). Oh well, I guess I'll see on Thursday and if it's not English I'll just get a digital copy. I want the Amazon version though.....

Oh aye, that option is a nice touch, would be impossible to play through whole game that way though.
If they didn't change it, it is literally impossible as you go out of first person once you move on the ground :D
I always used it while moving from one part of the city to the other.

If the game had moved on from its awful comic book style cutscenes with no voice acting I would, it's 2017 and this kind of budget decisions aren't viable for Sony games. Even budget PS1 games did more than this.

If the game had moved on from its awful comic book style cutscenes with no voice acting I would, it's 2017 and this kind of budget decisions aren't viable for Sony games. Even budget PS1 games did more than this.

It has regular cut scenes now as well.
And to each their own but I liked the comic style panels for some story beats in GR1.

Also GR has it's own made up language, so I guess that's why we don't have regular voice acting.

It's obviously a budget decision, not a stylistic choice, right. I'm not sure how we hadn't noticed until now.

I'm not sure why there are so many (relatively speaking) posters coming here to criticise the game for things they don't personally like as if they are objectively bad.

K' Dash

asdslk.gif

That has nothing to do with budget, it's an artistic decision.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
asdslk.gif

That has nothing to do with budget, it's an artistic decision.
Well, it's probably a combination of budget and art direction, or more specifically, an effective artistic solution to a budget problem.

Personally, I consider it a well managed use of budget. This thing was never gonna have AAA money behind it and I'd rather have that money spent more important things than cutscenes and keep the comic book panels which are unique and charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom