• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 - You're going to buy it, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurumi

If the game had moved on from its awful comic book style cutscenes with no voice acting I would, it's 2017 and this kind of budget decisions aren't viable for Sony games. Even budget PS1 games did more than this.

tumblr_inline_mjmqg3juzH1qz4rgp.gif

Yaster

I'm being told I may be wrong about the Special Nevi, but it's still not a case of going to a location and finding one tucked away somewhere. Hopefully finding them isn't too much of a grind.

Falchion

So I just beat Remastered yesterday and I was blown away by how much fun it was and how much I enjoyed the characters and the world. GR2 was on my radar before this but now it's probably my most anticipated game in quite a while.

I'm being told I may be wrong about the Special Nevi, but it's still not a case of going to a location and finding one tucked away somewhere. Hopefully finding them isn't too much of a grind.
Hmm, maybe they randomly appear in a general location and you have to search in that area.

"X Nevi spotted in Y location!"

It's 2am and I'm done for the night. Loving it so far, very Gravity Rush which is always a good thing. Just finished my dive into the
Forbidden Mine place
. Beautiful, with gorgeous music.

Speaking of music, the digital soundtrack with preorders comes with
songs.
1. Gravity Rush 2 (Theme)
2. Storm and Triump
3. Fire-Bound Lions
4. Hot Pursuit
5. The Lost City
6. Under Invasion
7. Candlelit Journey
8. Angel
9. Night Gale
Glad they are now a part of my iTunes collection, joining the soundtrack I purchased for Gravity Rush Remaster.

Hopefully they activate screenshot and video sharing when I wake up (and that the rest of the download will be finished by then too).

Edit: and trophy list is now live. Hopefully I can sync my trophies!

LotusHD

Banned
Wow those previews... doesn't seem to be so great.

What? Try the reviews instead.

Ah, so close...

If the game had moved on from its awful comic book style cutscenes with no voice acting I would, it's 2017 and this kind of budget decisions aren't viable for Sony games. Even budget PS1 games did more than this.

Not even gonna bother.

It's 2am and I'm done for the night. Loving it so far, very Gravity Rush which is always a good thing. Just finished my dive into the
Forbidden Mine place
. Beautiful, with gorgeous music.

Speaking of music, the digital soundtrack with preorders comes with
songs.
1. Gravity Rush 2 (Theme)
2. Storm and Triump
3. Fire-Bound Lions
4. Hot Pursuit
5. The Lost City
6. Under Invasion
7. Candlelit Journey
8. Angel
9. Night Gale
Glad they are now a part of my iTunes collection, joining the soundtrack I purchased for Gravity Rush Remaster.

Hopefully they activate screenshot and video sharing when I wake up (and that the rest of the download will be finished by then too).

Edit: and trophy list is now live. Hopefully I can sync my trophies!

Ah, I wanna hear #8 and #9, they sound particularly promising...

Are the songs in the Soundtrack just mp3 I can move with a USB drive?

Yeah, you select "download track" and if you have a USB plugged in it will copy them over (it will tell you to insert one if you don't).

Otherwise you can just listen to the music while concept art scrolls through in the background.

Yeah, you select "download track" and if you have a USB plugged in it will copy them over (it will tell you to insert one if you don't).

Otherwise you can just listen to the music while concept art scrolls through in the background.
Thanks!
It's incredible how close we are to finally playing it! I feel like I have been waiting for a very long time, probably because of how the first game ended.

So I just beat Remastered yesterday and I was blown away by how much fun it was and how much I enjoyed the characters and the world. GR2 was on my radar before this but now it's probably my most anticipated game in quite a while.
The same thing happened for me. I was just expecting it to be a cool Vita game but it ended up making it one of my most anticipated games along with Persona and Horizon.

DylanEno

Does anyone know what the "participating retailers" are for the white costume+ digital soundtrack dlc? I can't for the life of me find out if I can order through Best Buy or if I have to go Amazon to get the bonuses.

LotusHD

Banned
Does anyone know what the "participating retailers" are for the white costume+ digital soundtrack dlc? I can't for the life of me find out if I can order through Best Buy or if I have to go Amazon to get the bonuses.

I know Amazon for sure gives you the costume and soundtrack.

Blader

I played the demo a few days ago and love the look of it all, and did enjoy combat for the most part, but had a hell of a time with the controls on just navigating her movements through the air. I'll have to give it another shot, but it felt like the explanations I was being given weren't coming close to helping me get the same kind of smooth movements I see other players pulling off. Like, I couldn't get her to fly headfirst!

Strings

The opening is a really nice surprise / ridiculously gorgeous. Gonna stop after 3 hours now, but super excited to play more.

Happy to hear about the good/surprising opening.

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/gravity-rush-2-director-talks-raven-dlc-series-future-next-title

GR2 Director talks about the game, some interesting tidbits:

- Raven DLC will take about 5 hours to beat
- A sequel for GR could one day happen, but if he does it, he wants it to be completely new
- At any rate, the next title pretty much won't be Gravity Rush, but it'll likely be of the action-adventure genre

Sounds interesting!
Yassss!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I've just started playing though the first one on the vita and I just can't get a handle on the controls, they don't feel fluid at all, anyone else struggle with the controls initially?

LotusHD

Banned
I've just started playing though the first one on the vita and I just can't get a handle on the controls, they don't feel fluid at all, anyone else struggle with the controls initially?

Ah, I've never played the Vita version, but you're not alone in feeling that way from what I've seen.

Well enough, I'm going to buy this game right now, ok? Stop it.

Didn't play the first one but watched several trailers of this one and like an hour of gameplay from Eurogamer and found it super entertaining and gorgeous. I'll probably watch a recap from the first one and stuff.

LotusHD

Banned
Well enough, I'm going to buy this game right now, ok? Stop it.

Didn't play the first one but watched several trailers of this one and like an hour of gameplay from Eurogamer and found it super entertaining and gorgeous. I'll probably watch a recap from the first one and stuff.

Good, good, I will stop bugging you now.

Also in the OT there's a great 4 minute recap, as well as a link to the full walkthrough of the game in order to get you up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom