• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GRAVITY RUSH Remaster has appeared on Korean Game Rating Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-Ra

This cape and hair animation. At 60fps.

5935898488_112448535f_o.gif

Memory

I have this digital on vita so i hope some sort of discount is there for double dippers.

Now we wait for the inevitable Freedom Wars remaster with local co-op.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm ok with this. As long as the sequel comes out on Vita. The sequel being PS4 only would be such a dick move and I don't see Sony doing that. #NoVitaNoBuy

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Soul Sacrifice next, please. The Vita's greatest games must be experienced by more people.

wilflare

I'm ok with this. As long as the sequel comes out on Vita. The sequel being PS4 only would be such a dick move and I don't see Sony doing that. #NoVitaNoBuy

at this point, I'm not so sure about that.

Soul Sacrifice next, please. The Vita's greatest games must be experienced by more people.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is amazing but I'm not sure if that window has closed :/
not sure if there's gonna be even a SS2

Nia

This works out well for me, since Gravity Rush was in the PS Vita when it was stolen from me. I'll be willing to wait longer for the remaster to get a chance to play it again and actually beat it this time. It'll be great seeing it on the big screen.

Shin-Ra

Setting my expectations sky high...

4xMSAA + TAA + FXAA + SSAA(1440p)

That'd present a very clean image and isn't that crazy when you consider what Bluepoint managed with a PS2 remaster on PS3's GPU.

Hopefully it's got additions to the remaster. Like more excuses to explore that gorgeous world.
More starting costumes and Dusty pet mini games!

wouwie

Best news in ages if true. Day one without any doubt. Despite the flaws, i loved Gravity Rush. Same for Tearaway.

bobawesome

That's what they always say.

I want to play Gravity Rush but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Oreshika but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Danganronpa but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Freedom Wars but I don't want the vita.

I want to play Wipeout 2048 but I don't want the vita.

The vita didn't need exclusives to sell. It didn't need better graphics. It just needed less port beggers who say "I would love to play these games, but on another platform".

The vita is dead.
It's funny because it's true. That said, I don't particularly care one way or the other so long as I get to at least play the games in some form.

I can't resist double dipping on this, I would love the chance to play GR again without the terrible tilt+touch sliding controls from the Vita version as that was the only reason I never bothered to 100% complete it.

Yasumi

Banned
I feel like some of the magic will be gone, since you're not holding the screen anymore, so you won't be able to spin around like a maniac the same way you could with the Vita. PS4 port beggars had better follow through and actually buy it.

If this helps Gravity Rush 2 get made, then I'm all for it. It was not the greatest game, but it was bursting with potential that some polish and a bit more content could easily rectify. A remaster is the ideal time.

Kama_1082

Banned
I feel like some of the magic will be gone, since you're not holding the screen anymore, so you won't be able to spin around like a maniac the same way you could with the Vita. PS4 port beggars had better follow through and actually buy it.
"on sale, never full price. Maybe used"

Shin-Ra

You'll be able to spin around without turning the screen away from your face or reflecting a lightbulb into your face!

Elios83

Sony unfortunately has abandoned triple-A Vita games development long ago, Vita right now is about indies and japanese games with a small or mid-sized budget.
They are trying to save a few promising new IPs of theirs like Gravity Rush and Tearaway by shifting them on the successful PS4 and give them a chance on the market.
I expect Gravity Rush 2 and its remaster to be officially announced on PS4 soon enough, E3 or even a bit sooner.

Griss

Gravity Rush was so good, I absolutely loved it. But it was very flawed too. If they don't address some of those flaws I think it'll have a more difficult reception on PS4 among those who've never played it before.

Things they can fix:
Add a couple different enemies
Tighten up combat and collision detection of flying kicks
Add some more life and NPCs to the world

Things they can't:
The ending

EDIT: Also, did Gravity Rush DLC ever go on sale? I feel like I've been waiting years for that shit.

Elios83

This is great for those that don't have a vita, but I'd rather have Gravity Daze 2 tbh.

It's already announced and in full development, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released within a year. The remaster is a way to introduce PS4 gamers to the series (and sell a few more copies of the original of course :p)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I already said this...

At this point people complaining about port beggars have a denial issue so please stop.

Is it just going to be a remaster? So only graphics? Because if they're doing something with it, I'd prepare they spruce up the combat, vitalize the town and give it less of a stupid ending.
I already said this...

At this point people complaining about port beggars have a denial issue so please stop.
Well it IS interesting that port begging has been allowed for this game for years, but other port begging is often frowned upon.

Puru

I was hoping for them to make the combat better. The game is kinda disappointing as is. Hopefully GR2 will be a far better game.

This isn't really surprsing anyway, we all knew it was going to happen.

Wouldn't surprise me and I would definitely buy again. Gravity Rush 1 is a damn fine game and I would love to play a reworked PS4 version with improved load times (please!) and added "retry" option when you are in the middle of challenges.

Can't wait for the inevitable PS4 sequel!

Vita, we thank you for giving your life so that Kat may live.

Gravity Rush was so good, I absolutely loved it. But it was very flawed too. If they don't address some of those flaws I think it'll have a more difficult reception on PS4 among those who've never played it before.

Things they can fix:
Add a couple different enemies
Tighten up combat and collision detection of flying kicks
Add some more life and NPCs to the world

Things they can't:
The ending

EDIT: Also, did Gravity Rush DLC ever go on sale? I feel like I've been waiting years for that shit.

Think of the ending as the ending of the first book in a series. It leaves questions left unanswered cause there's still a lot of world to explore. The sequel is what's needed, they just didn't expect it to take so long cause they hadn't planned on a platform addition/switch (we don't know which yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom