• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great films with bad shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grug

Whay's the problem here? Oh I know the internet said it's a bad movie so we just post gifs and laugh.

Because it's a totally ridiculous attempt to act like you're dying.

"Look straight at the camera... close eyes and flop head".

Why would her eyes close?

Whay's the problem here? Oh I know the internet said it's a bad movie so we just post gifs and laugh.

TDKR is the best super hero movie ever, and it's perfect.

200w.gif

Grug

This is my pick as well. Doesn't fit the movie one bit. Even if it that was what they were going for it still fails miserably.

C'mon man... it's Monty Python... they wanted it to be a little bit of a light hearted "LOL... what the fuck" moment and it also serves as a convenient deus-ex machina.

If that scene irked you, you must hate the end of Holy Grail when
the police just show up and arrest everyone.

Demoli

Nah I enjoy Monty Python and Loved all the movies. The police scene was great cause it ended right after and it was a nice punchline to cap it off.

The alien scene in LoB was in the middle of the movie and it added nothing, it wasn't even that funny imo.

But thats okay cause Life of Brian still manages to be the best out of the 3 movies.

This shot...I'm glad someone posted it. I noticed it seeing it in theaters the night it came out and it was so awkward and somewhat jarring, I laughed. The whole movie wasn't shot very well but this one shot right here, just strange, terrible and cheap.

that was the point of the shot tho

everybody is arguing and your supposed to start realizing their behavior is being affected by how weird the shot is.

Most movies have bad shots:

.Time passes by and technique gets dated (see Rear Window Stewart fall...much more egregious than the one posted, which is only natural. It doesn't help that is proceeded by an ugly undercrank)
.The process itself lends to issues, especially celluloid ones. You wrap the day, check the dailies and notice some fumbles. Either you have lots of coverage to hide it or reshoot.
.To zoom in, mute and gif a mistake is unfair to films when they are to be presented in large formats and with matching sound and visuals.

This.

GamerJM

Banned
It's probably already been posted, but that one fight sequence in TDKR (I think it was TDKR, might have been TDK) where Batman's fighting and it looks really corny. I've seen gifs of it a lot.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
ITT we see why freeze frame and giffing is the fastest way to ruin a movie.

This shot...I'm glad someone posted it. I noticed it seeing it in theaters the night it came out and it was so awkward and somewhat jarring, I laughed. The whole movie wasn't shot very well but this one shot right here, just strange, terrible and cheap.

It's intentional. This is the scene where Loki's scepter is influencing everyone and it's starting to take full effect. The cinematography goes intentionally off kilter and strange here to reflect that and clue you in that something's wrong.

You know damn well - YOU KNOW FUCKING DAMN WELL THAT GIF IS COMPLETEY OUT OF CONTEXT AND LOOKS RIDICULOUS UNLESS WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE MOVIE!

MAN

Nah, looked just as bad in the movie. The intention was good, Creed was good, but that scene just looks too staged for the style the movie was aiming for. Just like those infographics appearing in front of boxers.

Mikeside

I feel the closing shot of Star Wars: The Force Awakens belongs in here.

I hated that handycam helicopter bullshit. It didn't fit with the rest of the film AT ALL

I feel the closing shot of Star Wars: The Force Awakens belongs in here.

I hated that handycam helicopter bullshit. It didn't fit with the rest of the film AT ALL

Rewatched it this weekend and yeah, I agree. It's so extraneous, too. It could have ended on Hamill's pained face and it would have been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom