• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GripShift (PS3) Revealed

ManaByte

gripshift-20061215033617110.jpg

gripshift-20061215033618376.jpg

gripshift-20061215033619704.jpg

gripshift-20061215033620938.jpg

gripshift-20061215033622126.jpg

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/751/751272p1.html

Sony's PlayStation Network is up and running at full steam, and with it more and more games and demos are becoming available for download. PlayStation 3 owners have already been able to snag the likes of Blast Factor, Lemmings, Go! Sudoku and more from the PlayStation Store to quench their gaming hunger in-between the major in-store releases, and plenty more titles on their way.

Right around the turn of the year, either late this month or early January, Sony Online Entertainment will bring its high octane racer GripShift to the system via the PlayStation Store for $9.99. For those who aren't familiar with the original PSP release, the racer mixes stunt driving with puzzle elements and even some platforming while you race around over undulating suspended tracks. Tracks feature multiple routes, shortcuts, loops, jumps, ramps and such aimed to keep you on your toes.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's a downloadable game. Surprisingly pretty for one, I think. Particularly the second screenshot.

painey

looks like it could be alot of fun with online multiplayer and lots of players, but it doesnt look anything too special.. mind you.. for $10 you arent going to expect GT5

Mana:

Is Gripshift PS3 going to be a downloadable game, or a traditional Blu-ray distro?

EDIT: N/M question answered already.

Hey Sony: How about you get some PS3s in the stores?

Mason said:
Wii games could look this good if they tried.

PS3 games look like this when they don't try.

No, they might have the same detail but theyd still be in blurry SDTV.

For a downloadable $10 game this looks fine.

for $10, its really good, it was fun on the PSP.

I wonder how many more PSP franchises will come to PS3, so far this and untold legends.

Aeon712

For 10$ I think I'll have to give this a download to feel in the 1 title I'll own come January. Then again I'll still be playing ps2 rpg's.

Mason

Effulgence said:
No, they might have the same detail but theyd still be in blurry SDTV.

For a downloadable $10 game this looks fine.

Waah waah waah. Sony fans are such babies. You go jerk off to your super awesome HDMI cables and I'll be having fun playing Wii and fanning myself with all the money I didn't spend.

dream

looks like it could be alot of fun with online multiplayer and lots of players, but it doesnt look anything too special.. mind you.. for $10 you arent going to expect GT5

Well, it doesn't look like anything special if you're expecting it to be a racer. $10 is an absolute bargain if you approach Gripshift as a hybrid platformer/puzzle game.

Mason said:
Waah waah waah. Sony fans are such babies. You go jerk off to your super awesome HDMI cables and I'll be having fun playing Wii and fanning myself with all the money I didn't spend.

Waah waah waah. Nintendo fans are such babies. You go jerk off to your super awesome composite cables and I'll be having fun playing Atari 2600 and fanning myself with all the money I didn't spend.

wtf, seriously?

Dante

Mason said:

Oh dear.....

Mason said:

my god.. today has been such a *head in hands* day on GAF

Dilbert

Mason said:
Effulgence said:
Waah waah waah. Nintendo fans are such babies. You go jerk off to your super awesome composite cables and I'll be having fun playing Atari 2600 and fanning myself with all the money I didn't spend.

wtf, seriously?
KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF. Is it even possible to have a thread without system wars bullshit?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
that looks great. definately an upgrade from the psp version, and not just a resolution increase.

10 dollars = day one purchase. :D

jax (old)

Banned
$10 bucks. That's pretty good. I thought "you gotta be kidding about the visuals" when I saw them but hey $10... and it looks better than unexciting truck

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jax said:
$10 bucks. That's pretty good. I thought "you gotta be kidding about the visuals" when I saw them but hey $10... and it looks better than unexciting truck

:lol UnexciteTruck!

But yeah, this looks great.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is a downloadable game? $10? Good lordie. My first PSN purchase! That looks surprisingly good. Like, really good. I'm impressed. o_O

Busty

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
720p

125 new and re-mixed levels spanning over 25 race tracks

4-player online

People are seriously underestimating the value of the Playstation network and it's original downloadable games at this point.

There is a single word that seperates Sony from Nintendo and Mircosoft at this moment in time when it comes to their downloadable games. Ambition.

Having a game like Gripshift, which, from those screenshots looks like a they have put some effort in to make this game something more than a mere PSP port, for only ten dollars is great for not only current PS3 owners but potential PS3 owners as well.

Sony seem to have real amibition this upcoming gen with their online games plan, and that, over time is really going to shine to those sitting on the fence.

I''d sooner pay ten dollars for this than five dollars for a NES game on VC. But then, that's just me......

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The stuff missing from the PSP version seems to be the "minigames" like soccer/hockey and other games....and most importantly, the track editor. But for $10, there's no way I can complain. 125 new and remixed tracks is plenty and online multiplayer is a great bonus

And for anyone who hasn't played this game before, think Super Monkey Ball but with a car. It's great fun

Top Bottom