• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Countdown: Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of E3 2012.

Salih

1. Wii U stuff
2. Metal Gear Rising
3. 3DS games
4. RE6 I guess

well...that could be me. Rising will be so good.

The Last of Us looks interesting - but lately i am sick of apocalyptic settings in any entertainment section.

Tomb Raider got Uncharted' - funny how now they copy those who copied them in the first place. Maybe it will have a more survival thing going on but still...meh.

ACIII - love the series, will get this game - but after so many games in that franchise i can barely hype myself for the last one in the series.

lucius

I'm still not convinced about Tomb Raider, I hope it's great and the first 2 games did not disappoint just that old trailer looked kind of jumpy and while the last couple games were good they are not top of an E3 list good. Assassin's Creed III, The Last of Us and Halo 4 should be above it. Even though Biohock Infinite got pushed to next year should be top 3 unless I missed them saying they were not showing at E3 this year.

Anyway hope I am wrong about Tomb Raider and it jumps to a most wanted game for me.

AHA-Lambda

Underwhelming list imo tbh, hope it doesn't set the tone for E3 to just be sequels we already know about =/

10. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - very intrigued by this
9. Metro: Last Light - don't care after the last game
8. Hitman: Absolution - hopeful that this won't turn out like conviction =/
7. God of War: Ascension - don't care after the last game, and the fact that it's another prequel
6. Halo 4 - looks cool, i'll rent
5. Resident Evil 6 - looks cool, i'll rent
4. The Last of Us - looks cool, i'll rent
3. Assassin's Creed III - day one
2. Tomb Raider - could be intriguing, may keep an eye on
1. Wii U - The Entire Line-up - this is surely a cop out choice, no? Anyway I have no personal interest in the WiiU

Oh and no dishonored GT? For shame!!

I can't give any fucks about the new Tomb Raider mainly because I never played any of them before and it looks like they are giving Lara the Other M treatment and turning her from a strong female protagonist into a simpering, vulnerable character that needs a man to survive, so I have no idea what makes it worthy of #2.

That's not what they're aiming for with this Lara. Yes, she's more vulnerable, but not in the sense that she's some weakling that needs a man to help her every step of the way. She's vulnerable in that you'll now see her take injuries. She no longer comes across as being invincible. They've talked about how you'll no longer be taking 20 foot leaps off a cliff because injuries will play a role in the game. If she injures her leg, then she won't be able to climb as well as she usually can. That's what they're referring to when they say she's vulnerable.

Tomb Raider got Uncharted' - funny how now they copy those who copied them in the first place. Maybe it will have a more survival thing going on but still...meh.

No it isn't. CD made a big mistake by showing that E3 sequence last year because now a lot of people think that's what the game is all about even though it's just very small part of the full game. It's still Tomb Raider, but in a much more "open" setting.

Haunted

I'm with Cheesemeister, that list is pretty depressing. So many sequels, such a narrow focus. You know you've spent your marketing dollars well if you appear on this list.

7268564984_cdcf50cb9f_o.gif
Glad to see scripted knife kills making a comeback in Black Ops 2.

TheOddOne

That's not what they're aiming for with this Lara. Yes, she's more vulnerable, but not in the sense that she's some weakling that needs a man to help her every step of the way. She's vulnerable in that you'll now see her take injuries. She no longer comes across as being invincible. They've talked about how you'll no longer be taking 20 foot leaps off a cliff because injuries will play a role in the game. If she injures her leg, then she won't be able to climb as well as she usually can. That's what they're referring to when they say she's vulnerable.

No it isn't. CD made a big mistake by showing that E3 sequence last year because now a lot of people think that's what the game is all about even though it's just very small part of the full game. It's still Tomb Raider, but in a much more "open" setting.
Seems you and I are the only read the Gameinformer issue about it. Sounds so good.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Not a bad list at all in my opinion. Whenever I see "Top 10s" of anything at GT, I immediately think CoD will be number 1 or at least near the top due to Shane Satterfield's love affair with the franchise.

I'm calling it now. Black Ops II will be MP and Shooter of the Year at VGAs or GT awards, etc. It's pretty much a given.

Anyhoo, back to topic. The list didn't really include unannounced and unannounced-but-known games, otherwise, Dead Space 3, etc. would be right up there.

Oh, and this list pretty much changes depending on whom you ask.

I'd have put Lords of Shadows 2 there and taken out 1 or 2 games, but that's just me. :)

The only thing I want to see at E3 right now is the wiiU lineup, that its going to have lots of surprises, and the less known games for PC, handhelds... that could be great and give us a huge surprise. Those and the games that we dont know shit, even if they exist, and appear magicaly announced at E3, like it happened with RCT3 some years ago (I would cream my pants with RCT4)

Even If I would like to play things like Tomb Raider and ACIII im not interested in this E3's "big" guns. And even things like ACIII, being a fan of the franchise (that being II and brotherhood) have me not really feeling at the moment.
And yeah, having beat the first Metro (and in a good PC with graphics to the max), Im not looking forward to the second, sorry.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I'll have to ask: why the fuck are you guys ALWAYS posting the complete countdown List in the OP, without spoilers, just below the Link?

Is there something I miss or do i really have to squint everytime I open these threads to actually watch the video and get at least a bit surprised?

edit: wow, all of them except for one are sequels. Another year of PC gaming for me? :>

Fjordson

Definitely interested in seeing more AC III and The Last of Us. Last of Us in particular sounds like it could be something special.

GTA V should be at the top of the list, but I just know that we aren't going to hear shit about it before, during, or after the show because it's probably not coming out until next year. Feels bad man =[

I like the look of the new Lara Croft. But Tomb Raider just seems like a boring ass set-piece heavy Uncharted ripoff.

Hell, her grip is slipping in those exact same moments too judging by the trailer preview. *yawn*

Drake's slipped up so much in this series it lost it's novelty. Hopefully it's nothing like what we've been shown so far and that's only a bait-and-switch for the Uncharted fans.

Wii U line up getting top spot...I probably just have low expectations of what they'll show at the conference. Like I expect heavy hitter multiplatform games, NSMBMii, maybe some Wii U party game that demonstrates the controller capabilities, Retro's new game. The other Nintendo teams have to be doing something, maybe theyll have some really amazing surprises. I just don't want to feel disappointed.

I'm liking the Tomb Raider choice. There is so much I want to know about that game. Other than the leaked gameplay which was really short we haven't gotten a good look at what the meat of the gameplay will look like from what I understand. And the combat is basically a complete unknown. That and The Last of Us top my list.

My thoughts exactly. I'm really curious about Tomb Raider as well as Last of US.

StuBurns

Banned
A weak top ten I think.

Some good stuff, but not really exciting to me. Metal Gear Rising is a lot lower than I'd put it personally. There are games I'm more excited about, but I don't think they'll be at E3, or at least not significantly.

A weak top ten I think.

Some good stuff, but not really exciting to me. Metal Gear Rising is a lot lower than I'd put it personally. There are games I'm more excited about, but I don't think they'll be at E3, or at least not significantly.

Metal Gear Rising is exciting because I think it's clear that that game will deliver. I think that game is the least "question mark-y" of the bunch, even The Last Of Us, exciting premise and all, is still somewhat of an unknown quantity but MGR is straight-forward- fast-paced action from a developer who's delivered two excellent games with such fairly recently. I guess Halo 4 is pretty obvious too, GoW as well probably but MGR is also ostensibly a brand new game, so it's pretty much the ideal pre-E3 interest magnet.

After E3, maybe you won't be as excited for it as other games, but we'll see! In P* we trust.

The list is pretty good but... why no GTA V?

Definitely interested in seeing more AC III and The Last of Us. Last of Us in particular sounds like it could be something special.

GTA V should be at the top of the list, but I just know that we aren't going to hear shit about it before, during, or after the show because it's probably not coming out until next year. Feels bad man =[

Rockstar doesn't do E3

SykoTech

Tomb Raider is the only one that I'm remotely interested in. It's a shame that so many people are misinformed and calling it an Uncharted clone.

Well, there's the Wii U lineup too. But that choice is such a cop out.

GeoramA

That's a nice list actually. The ones I'm giddy for are AC3, GoW:A, and The Last of Us. Hitman and Tomb Raider look cool as well. Not a Halo fan, but I'm interested to see how 343's first game turns out.

Surprised Borderlands 2 didn't make it. Or even Black Ops 2 since it sounds like the most interesting CoD to date.

J-Rzez

Hmm, no CoD on there? Finally some well deserved backlash against the series? Or just Treyarch?

I'll keep an eye on Hitman, they're usually fun games. I gave up on ACreed series after the 2nd installment, but I am interested in this one's time era and curious to see how they make it work then. The Last of Us is the only game there I really care about outside of GoW (possibly), that's because it's by the best dev of this gen, and we don't know much about it yet.

If anything this points to the last hurrah of this gen. Then again, I believe I said the same thing last E3 as well. Just goes to show how burnt out I am on it, and how direly needed some fresh hardware is needed to get the blood flowing again with developers (outside of PC exclusive devs I suppose).

How many times can people be hyped for a Tomb Raider revamp and then be left disappointed with the results before they temper their expectations?

Top Bottom