• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 | NeoGAF Racing League & NRPC

Awesome upload MM. Really adds a lot to have the overlays. I need to get my video editing down so I an put my capture card to better use.

Thanks for doing the great video work!

3 days to go and only 3 people registered? Common people!

OP updated, no need to keep re-posting stuff now. Everything will be there.

LH2ld.png

0DjeT.jpg

Special Stage 3 - Suzuka Circuit
pjrCu.png
Length: 3.61mi / 5807 m Longest Straight: 0.75mi / 1200 m Elevation Change: 131.2ft / 40.0 m Corners: 20

SPECIAL NOTE: ASM as well as TC will be allowed for this event​

Race starts in:
t1302984000z0.png
How to join:
Just post in this thread that you want to join the race and what car you'll be using so you can be added to the list. Priority will be given to members with the lowest Individual Points. Add the PS3 account "GT5NRL" to your friends list if you haven't done it yet, and on race day join the private lounge a couple of minutes before the race time.​

Player conduct while on the server:
  • When the race organizer wants to start the event, please keep chatter to a minimum.
  • Qualifying will start 10 minutes after race time. Use the time to warm up.
  • All members registered on the race must join the track. Substitute players will only join the track when asked to do so by the race organizer.
  • Before qualifying starts we will do a synch check, followed by a 1 lap race. (to reset times)
  • Qualifying will start immediately after the 1 lap race and the full race is set to start automatically after 10 minutes of qualifying.
  • All the players that were in the previous 1 lap race must join the track right after it ends and start posting their times.
  • During qualifying DO NOT quit to the lounge.
  • Please be extra careful during the first corner, and the first lap in general.
  • You must do at least 1 mandatory pit stop during the race.

Players Participating in Special Stage 3 (7/16):
  • 01 - Metalmurphy
  • 02 - Niks
  • 03 - Angst
  • 04 - weekend_warrior
  • 05 - ashk
  • 06 - brentech (?)
  • 07 - Mush
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -

UFRA said:
Welcome back, MM, you son of bitch.

[]http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/predator_handshake_0.jpg[/IMG]

Shame, I can't make it to the F1 event. :( I have to work.

So I've heard :( I was starting to miss you over @ the group chat as well lol

What about the final event? Your team will need you. It can still grab 2nd place :p

Mush said:
I missed you too mush!

Oh and I forgot to mention. ASM will be allowed for the FGT event. No more complaining now!

brentech

I was pretty certain to make the supergt event for Saturday, but hesitant to join the FGT's as I just dont enjoy them. Since I should be available, I'll just say that it's likely I'll show up. Just not sure I'll really dedicate much practice time. Said I'd never drive that thing after doing the Aspec series. Was hoping for a crazy daytona NASCAR special event, lol.

Good to see you back man. Been a long time.

I'm glad you've returned and now that you have I can say thank you for being a great team mate last season and it was a pleasure to represent the EPSON with you. I doubt I will be participating this season so I wish you good luck with your new team mate and car selection.

Mush

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
I'm glad you've returned and now that you have I can say thank you for being a great team mate last season and it was a pleasure to represent the EPSON with you. I doubt I will be participating this season so I wish you good luck with your new team mate and car selection.
Wrong thread? :p

:(

ashk

Sign me up for Formula GT.

Hopefully we can get some practice races before Saturday, I'm thinking there could be crashes otherwise :p

Angst

ashk said:
Sign me up for Formula GT.

Hopefully we can get some practice races before Saturday, I'm thinking there could be crashes otherwise :p
I think there will be a lot of crashes :D

I will possibly be available tonight and for sure tomorrow night for practice.

ashk

Angst said:
I think there will be a lot of crashes :D

I will possibly be available tonight and for sure tomorrow night for practice.

I'll be in the lounge at around 19 GMT regardless, as I've been the last few days (foreveralone.jpg). I think crashes are inevitable, I'd just like to avoid being crashed into for a change :p

Yesterday I finally managed to get consistent enough to (possibly) finish a race without spinning out, and I'm only 2 tenths away from Raikonnen's lap record :D I'll probably try running with ASM tonight to see if it's worth it.

It's good to have you back Metal :D

Even though I'm finally not going to Madrid (fuck you thank you Microsoft Spain), it's R.Madrid - Barça this saturday at 22PM CET (20PM GMT?) so... no race for me this time :(

I would like to practice with you though, so I'll be checking the thread.

Well my PS3 is officially bust :( I love the F1 car and would have really wanted to race at suzuka with it but I don't think I can find a replacement in time.

brentech

SunhiLegend said:
Well my PS3 is officially bust :( I love the F1 car and would have really wanted to race at suzuka with it but I don't think I can find a replacement in time.
damn dude, that sucks. were you still using a fatty? My original died mid-2009, which, oddly enough, wasn't even being used for months due to a relocation. PSU went ka-put.

ashk

Lion Heart said:
If someone gives me a FGT car, I will try and practice for the remaining hour and make it :p

Sorry, I need the moniez for A-spec

It cost more than 1 mil., so unfortunately it's untradeable :( Plus I don't think you'd be able to get used to it in an hour :p

I'm hoping for some close racing tonight ;)

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
20 laps.

Considering we have a short grid... I'll give you guys the choice, what's it gonna be, ASM or NO ASM?

Either way is fine with me. IMO it's more fun driving without ASM, but I haven't done any races so I don't know how it affects racing with people. If it's allowed I'll be using it because it's a huge advantage.

ashk said:
Either way is fine with me. IMO it's more fun driving without ASM, but I haven't done any races so I don't know how it affects racing with people. If it's allowed I'll be using it because it's a huge advantage.

I've been practicing without it, but since everyone was complaining I decided to allow it. Was also expecting more people to join with it enabled, but that didn't happen.

ashk

Metalmurphy said:
I've been practicing without it, but since everyone was complaining I decided to allow it. Was also expecting more people to join with it enabled, but that didn't happen.

I started out without it too, but when it was allowed I gave it a go yesterday and managed to improve my time by 0.8s. If it makes it more fun for people I say keep it.

Mush

OK, I'm now online, but I have no idea if it's going to last. I've been having ISP issues lately, but I don't think is related as my network setup screen said it couldn't get a PSN connection.

Even though Angst kept breathing down my neck (even a bit more then just breathing some times) I still feel I let my 2nd place slide away :(

Lots of fun, not sure my G25 feels the same way though.

Race results in a bit.

Did anyone save a NTSC replay?

nsFqA.jpg

61n6a.jpg

jfYUG.jpg

7ycU1.jpg

gik63.jpg

8DOP0.jpg

KdLUF.jpg

(You can click each name to see a photo of them in action during the race)

Replay files:

NTSC NOT YET UPLOADED

Individual Rankings:
nD5a0.jpg

Videos:

Screenshots:

Angst

Metalmurphy said:
Even though Angst kept breathing down my neck (even a bit more then just breathing some times) I still feel I let my 2nd place slide away :(

Lots of fun, not sure my G25 feels the same way though.

Race results in a bit.
Yeah, sorry about the bumps :/ I think it was a combination of you braking earlier than I expected and my speed being higher than I expected due to the slipstream

I did let you pull ahead when I bumped you though, instead of bumping you and then slipping by. And I felt sorry for you when you went wide on the second to last lap.

It was a great race! So sweaty at the end... lol

Angst said:
Yeah, sorry about the bumps :/ I think it was a combination of you braking earlier than I expected and my speed being higher than I expected due to the slipstream

I did let you pull ahead when I bumped you though, instead of bumping you and then slipping by. And I felt sorry for you when you went wide on the second to last lap.

It was a great race! So sweaty at the end... lol

Yeah I noticed :p I did the same when you tried to avoid me after I span out and you ended up off track. One of your hits left my car totally destroyed though lol. Engine max damage and left tire with max damage.

ashk

Very difficult race for me. My hands started hurting by the and I had to keep flexing them on the straights :p Also, my wheel loosened up and nearly fell off the stand during the SuperGT race, so I had to screw it in with one hand while driving with the other.

I'm happy for the win since it was very hard to keep focused for 20 laps in this car. I think the gap at the end wasn't realistic, I managed to get ahead at the begining and create a good cushion while you guys behind were fighting and kept losing time to each other.

Top Bottom