• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

Truespeed

Exectuables are extremely small relative to the size of the data consumed by the graphics and sound. The following is a tweet from Tim Moss, director of Technology at SCE Santa Monica on the executable for God of War III:

text=4110428, data=1305720, bss=1362156. Point of pride for us on the #gow3 code team. More memory for content!

4 code nerds #gow3 is massively data driven, the 100+ talented people make the game; the exe is just 5.3MB, no overlays.

That 5.3 MB executable was also uncompressed and included all of the linked in SPE binaries.

So given God of War is heavily data driven and that GTA 5 is also a heavily data driven game how hard would it be to make it playable on a PS4? All of the middleware they use likely supports the PS4 already so recoding the executable to support the PS4 architecture wouldn't be that difficult. So a PS4 version with 720p assets running at 60 FPS on a PS4? Interesting...

Azsori

Awesome, now I can't wait to play this on my shield when PC releases. If the game streams well, I won't need to triple dip with the PS4 version. With luck, I'll be able to sync a DS4 to the Shield and output via HDMI to the TV....

ShinMaruku

The more the merrier.

Now we just need to see it on WiiU and One so everyone gets the chance. Between the two I'd wager WiiU is very very unlikely. Nintendo really should have spent the cash to see it even sloppily ported.

It would sell crappily on the WiiU they did the right call and not spent a dime for it.

ShinAmano

Honestly do people think there will be that big of a double dip for mainstream consumers? I would say I am pretty hardcore...but the paid off pre-order I have for GTA5 is going to sit since I can wait for a next gen version.

jkh33

Will double dip on PS3 and PS4 versions.

Where is that PS4 gif

Edit:

ibzG4p2WboFlCL.gif

This gif is still amazing.

I wonder if it will take 7+ months until the game arrives on PC, like happened with GTA IV.

With the next PS and Xbox hitting the stores in the end of the year, maybe they are planning to unveil the next gen versions of the game closer to the PS4 Xone launch, PC version included... I hope this is the case.

GTAV + PS4 Share functionality = Youtube Goes BOOOOOM

Seriously, that is the #1 reason for me to want a PS4 version. The share functionality.

I don't know what the deal with GTA5 and GTAOnline is exactly (they really sound like two different entities at this point), but I at least expect GTAO to show up on the PS4, but GTA5 is very likely as well (assuming they can be purchased individually, which it kinda sounds like they can be but we really don't know yet I guess).

I mean it would be kinda weird for Sony to attach themselves GTA5 just for some crappy headphones bundle... hopefully

Jedi2016

So a PS4 version with 720p assets running at 60 FPS on a PS4? Interesting...
I was thinking about this earlier, and I don't think that's what they'll do. My guess is that they'll crank up the shaders, lighting, shadows, reflections, textures, etc, bump it up to 1080p, but they'll stick with 30fps. Why? Because when GTA6 comes along, looking waaay better than GTA5, it'll probably be running at 30fps. They wouldn't want to create a disparity like that by having one game running at a much higher framerate.

So my vote is for 1080p/30 at "max settings" for PS4.

It's kind of a bitch that they won't announce, though... the more of these streams I watch, the more I want to play it, but I don't want to double-dip.

Jedi2016

It also occurred to me that once the game is in wide distribution, it won't take other people with the know-how to go over the code and see if that bit about Orbis is really in there. That will be pretty solid confirmation, if we can get it from other sources.

molnizzle

You never go full digital.

Ha, I'm 100% full digital now. The only remaining physical games in my collection are ones that aren't available on XBL Games on Demand.

No matter, I wouldn't have been able to hold out anyway. Hopefully there'll be a PS4 discount for digital owners of the PS3 version!

RaikuHebi

Banned
Double-dips confirmed.

Honestly do people think there will be that big of a double dip for mainstream consumers? I would say I am pretty hardcore...but the paid off pre-order I have for GTA5 is going to sit since I can wait for a next gen version.
Yes. If it's called GTA they will get it. With COD and FIFA/Madden they're already used to the same game every year...In this case it's a game worth playing twice.

big_z

It also occurred to me that once the game is in wide distribution, it won't take other people with the know-how to go over the code and see if that bit about Orbis is really in there. That will be pretty solid confirmation, if we can get it from other sources.

according to some posts you need a dev kit to see where this information is stored. sounds a bit bullshit but who knows. hopefully another developer pirate will verify.

ShinAmano

Double-dips confirmed.

Yes. If it's called GTA they will get it. With COD and FIFA/Madden they're already used to the same game every year...In this case it's a game worth playing twice.
I don't but that...just can't see casuals paying twice for the same game...at least not in any large numbers.

x-Lundz-x

With a $300M budget does anyone honestly believe they're only releasing it on PS360?

It doesn't matter, they will make their money back three times over on PS360 sales alone. The fact is, they like every company, likes as much money as they can get so why wouldn't they release a next gen version?

Ushae

Banned
It doesn't matter, they will make their money back three times over on PS360 sales alone. The fact is, they like every company, likes as much money as they can get so why wouldn't they release a next gen version?

Yup biggest intake of revenue is the first 6 months, after that I'm 99.99% sure they'll announce their post release schedule ie next gen, DLC etc

I bet my left nut there will be a next gen version. And I'm waiting for that :)
The wait will kill me :(

March?

Way too far away. Why you do this R*?

Its pretty in line with GTA 4.

I always thought from the start that the PC version was March/April next year even though Nvidia got some people's hopes up that it will happen before Christmas this year.

hymanator

Fuck. I already pre-ordered the PS3 version digitally.

Damn it.

I bought the digital version on PS3 also. The option to gameshare with a 2nd PS3 and having a 1TB hdd installed is what motivated my decision. I'll still get the PC version either way.

Top Bottom