• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 5's Leaked Xbox 360 Data Reveals PC, PS4 Build Code

I honestly ask You why? Do You have shares in Sony? Otherwise there would be no point or benefit for you as a gamer on that. Unless you want to screw over people who prefer other platforms.

I would make the argument that:

1. GTA exclusive would move consoles
2. More consoles = more chance for real exclusives
3. More real exclusives = games built specifically for PS4 hardware
4. More games built from ground up for PS4 = better games
5. Better games = more consoles sold
6. Significant userbase advantage = multiplats using PS4 advantages
7. Less games being held back by lowest common denominator

Verendus

Banned
Some folks in this thread are foolishly speculating that Sony traded "Agent" as a PS4 exclusive for GTA V as a exclusive on next-gen consoles. As I said I said earlier in this thread, that would be an awful trade because GTA V will already be out on Xbox360, PS3, & probably PC by the time it comes out on PS4.
GTA V as an exclusive on next gen would be much better than a new IP from Rockstar a few years down the line from a business standpoint. These games come every 4-5 years and they're the biggest thing out there with Call of Duty. It wouldn't be an awful trade at all in my opinion. It'd be a great one. To get it in the first year of the console would be even bigger for SCE.

satam55

Banned
GTA V as an exclusive on next gen would be much better than a new IP from Rockstar a few years down the line from a business standpoint. These games come every 4-5 years and they're the biggest thing out there with Call of Duty. It wouldn't be an awful trade at all in my opinion. It'd be a great one. To get it in the first year of the console would be even bigger for SCE.

Speaking of....this current partnership between Sony & Rockstar do you think this might happen?

I think there are 2 options

GTA5 nextgen port shortly after current gen version, 2013 Q4 - 2014 Q1, basically much better looking game and more similar to PC version, perhaps cross gen online play.

GTA5 nextgen port a year after current gen version. Has extra DLC content, graphics are way better, perhaps GTA Online expanded with more social features and higher player count (64).

I think we are looking at option 2. It has a much better shot at selling tons of copies. Option 1 is just a cheap cash in and the user base will be smaller at that time.

Spongebob

Banned
Are you hinting at something here?

Vamphuntr

Not sure why people are making a fuss over this. We knew a PC version was coming all along and next-gen versions are a given. I don't think it means much that Xbox One isn't mentioned in the coding. PS4 is referred as Orbis in there so it's probably preliminary work that was done a long time ago on the engine.

statham

Both consoles are close to PCs, It'll be like designing a game with a 7870 in mind, then unchecking a few boxes to get it to play on a 7790. They don't have to figure out the cell or the emotion engine this time.

Fedele

I think we are looking at option 2. It has a much better shot at selling tons of copies. Option 1 is just a cheap cash in and the user base will be smaller at that time.

I agree. Rockstar has stated their focus in the online experience and how GTA:O is only the beginning of something they have been imagining for a long time, but just now have enough resources and tech capacity to build.

Also, if all the dev comments about how PS4 is more powerful and has more upgraded SDKs are true, it would make sense for them to start developing this upped version for the PS4 and then port it to the XO.

My guess is that it is for X1 as well if it ends up being on PS4.

But in the odd case that it does come to PS4 and not X1...maybe to make up for Agent?

satam55

Banned
The chances of Rockstar going exclusive for anyone next gen is unlikely.

stopit.png
The chances of major 3rd party publishers like Rockstar, EA, or Capcom going exclusive for anyone next-gen is unlikely.......oh wait.

Loakum

Banned
My little theory on this matter:

It could be possible that the Xbox One (aka Durango) dev kit just wasn't ready in time for the coding process for GTAV. Remember the Xbox One went through all kinds of spec changes. If this is true, then I don't expect the announcement of next gen versions would happen until the Xbox One version is ready too. (Yes, I highly doubt this will be a PS4 next gen and PC exclusive). Also don't expect Rock* to even comment on this. They really want to market this towards the current gen gamer base (which is over 140 million users, for Xbox 360 and PS3 combined).

There is no way I'll wait for a next gen or PC version of this, because it could take over 6 months to a year (or more) for it ever to be released. Of course, this is all speculation at this point.

And this right here is the rational basis for the console wars. Its refreshing to see it summed up so clearly.

Verendus

Banned
Speaking of....this current partnership between Sony & Rockstar do you think this might happen?
Most I can say is that you should expect at least something from between them. That's not me confirming this leak in particular.

Are you hinting at something here?
I'm not trying to hint at anything. Genuinely. I'm just saying, hypothetically, if that situation presented itself that it would make sense. The most I've said regarding GTA V in the past few months is to expect it on next gen. That's about all I have to say. I also think anyone who would give this some reasonable thought could assume the same. It makes sense.

There's gonna be a lot of double dippers, maybe even triple dippers.

Yeah... Wouldn't be unusual for me, though:

4x GTA3 (PS2/XBOX/PC/Steam)
4x GTA:VC (PS2/XBOX/PC/Steam)
5x GTA:SA (PS2/XBOX/360 GoD/PC/Steam)
2x GTA:LCS (PSP/PS2) (and soon, free PS+)
2x GTA:VCS (PSP/PS2)
2x GTA4 (360/Steam)
3x GTA4:EfLC (360 DLC/Steam/360)

Help me, I've got issues. Though I guess many of them were cheap, but still...

Danny-Boy

This happened last time when they found 'PS3' in the Mass Effect code. I'm going to purchase the PS3 version and sell it after I finish it. I'll purchase it again for the PS4 and keep it.

Blader

Agent probably doesn't even exist anymore, and it's highly probable that Rockstar would rather not make it than to make it exclusive.

It's amazing people still think this. We just went through the exact same process with RDR, Max Payne 3, and LA Noire.

K' Dash

well, if you look at this PS4 rumor you can conclude a few things:

• Most of the sales from those games will be on PS360
  • The game will not be Day 1 for Next Gen, the user base will have time to grow a litle bit more
  • The fact that there are, in theory, a lot more PS4 preorders than XBO
  • Even a year from now, selling the game as a Next Gen Exclusive for PS4 won't damage their sales much, seeing as the most games were sold to current gen users and user base won't be big enough, even a timed exclusive is possible.

Anyway, I'll wait and see now, no way in hell I'm playing this wonderful piece of software with current gen hardware.

How does Rockstar keep such a tight lid on this stuff. How may developers do you think work there?

Shit if I was the janitor there and I saw PS4 dev kits I'd be (anonymously) blurting it all over the Internet.

Fedele

How does Rockstar keep such a tight lid on this stuff. How may developers do you think work there?

Shit if I was the janitor there and I saw PS4 dev kits I'd be (anonymously) blurting it all over the Internet.

It's a nice combination of NDAs + strong company culture, basically - and it works really well.

It's amazing people still think this. We just went through the exact same process with RDR, Max Payne 3, and LA Noire.

I think people tend to forget that R* answers to Take2 and Take2 aren't exactly going to be very happy about making one of their biggest IPs exclusive to any platform for more than a few months and without a very nice sum of money.

See the $50m 'loan' from MS to make the GTA episodes.

mhayze

I seriously doubt it if its coming to PC as well.
This is definitely coming to the Xbox One man. GTA platform exclusivity would be ridiculously expensive.

Just curious why you would doubt the PC release. Every version to date has been released eventually on PC, and the steam + PC market is probably larger than the PS4 or Xbox One will be at launch (in terms of game copies sold).

Gorillaz

I think people tend to forget that R* answers to Take2 and Take2 aren't exactly going to be very happy about making one of their biggest IPs exclusive to any platform for more than a few months and without a very nice sum of money.

Uh...Doesn't Rockstar and Take2 actually owe Sony in the first place for GTA 4?

ShinAmano

Yeah... Wouldn't be unusual for me, though:

4x GTA3 (PS2/XBOX/PC/Steam)
4x GTA:VC (PS2/XBOX/PC/Steam)
5x GTA:SA (PS2/XBOX/360 GoD/PC/Steam)
2x GTA:LCS (PSP/PS2) (and soon, free PS+)
2x GTA:VCS (PSP/PS2)
2x GTA4 (360/Steam)
3x GTA4:EfLC (360 DLC/Steam/360)

Help me, I've got issues. Though I guess many of them were cheap, but still...

Christ man...there are games outside of gta.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

If six months exclusivity (PS4 in spring, Xbox one in fall) buys rock star or Take 2 out of a potentially expensive hole from the Agent deal, then why wouldn't they do it?

onken

Urg this is horrible though I'm already facing the prospect of a 4 month wait until PS4 is released in Asia soooo I might just survive if it was a Q1 release..

Top Bottom