• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 7 which setting?

Ironbunny

I'd like to have a Grand Theft Auto thats based in to the industrial revolution in America. Thats rougly at the late 1800 early 1900. It could have some wacky consept of mixing Red Dead and GTA into it. With some steampunk vipes and victorian era styles.

TexMex

More power to you all, but I couldn’t possibly think or care about a game that is, literally, a decade (or more) away.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think GTA should always be in America, as it’s always parodying terrible American stereotypes. I’m all for the games commentary poking fun at us.

I’d actually like to see a city like Portland, and playing as a yuppie that turns to serious crime.

Krieger

New York City, but in the 1980s.

Guardian%2BAngels%2Bon%2Bthe%2BNYC%2Bsubway%252C%2B1980.jpg

Holammer

Post-Soviet Russia would be a good setting. The protagonist would be a fresh faced KGB officer watching the old order falling apart and everyone try to grab a piece of the pie. Work with progressively more sophisticated groups from petty thieves to early mafia, private security groups and foreign investors. Later the new oligarchy.

But a new GTA is way off, so post-Putin Russia with an FSB officer instead, a resurgent mafia and the addition of private armies.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I teally like the India idea, never thought of that, could be funny

Wtf it's not until 2 years more before gta 6 is out and we got a gta 7 wishlist thread lmao
GTA6 will be out early next year, R* will be deciding on the foundations of GTA7 soon.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I'd like to have a Grand Theft Auto thats based in to the industrial revolution in America. Thats rougly at the late 1800 early 1900. It could have some wacky consept of mixing Red Dead and GTA into it. With some steampunk vipes and victorian era styles.
Don't see much theft of automobiles in that era, unless it's fantasy like steampunk like you say which I think would be cool. I really liked the retro futuristic world of GTA2.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Smart money if it was a non American GTA is returning to London. They have enough of movies to rip off of for satire and they could hire Guy Ritchie for a consultancy role.

I see a return to Liberty City for GTA:VII as I think the non American placement could harm overall US sales potential.

amigastar

Don't see much theft of automobiles in that era, unless it's fantasy like steampunk like you say which I think would be cool. I really liked the retro futuristic world of GTA2.
Now, that would be a possible nice setting. I also like the world in GTA2. It doesn't need to be Cyberpunk2077 future but slightly in the future.

Top Bottom