• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: San Andreas confirmed for Xbox 360

jimi_dini

SA is the best, so it's not surprising. If it had to be a one off this is definitely the one to pick

Why would anyone be required to pick one?

1. Do the same to GTA 3 and GTA Vice City.
2. Release on physical disc for PS3+360.
3. ???
4. Lots and lots of profit

They should have done this 5 years ago. GTA collection for Wii.

Reule

Only 360? Guess I'll be turning on my 360 to get this. I hope there's some sort of HD Collection for the PS2 games one day. I'd love to replay with achievements/trophies and some enhancements.

Randam

Well, shit, I may end up buying this.

I believe it would be my 6th dip into San Andreas. I've purchased GTA:SA on:

• PS2
  • PC (Retail)
  • PC (Steam during a sale)
  • Xbox 360 as an Xbox Original
  • Android
And... will probably buy again for that 720p.

Hope they tweaked the controls a bit... They weren't great on Xbox Originals.

got pc retail on release.
still works. so I'm good.

DryvBy

vFWQjb4.jpg

This was on their FB page today too. I bet this is coming to every platform with the update, just the 360 was confirmed today.

Yeah, I would have been ALL OVER a current-gen port included with the GTA V remaster. I am disappoint.

Yup, I wouldn't be against them selling it separately either. SA is totally worth paying another £20 for.

Ps4/xb1 maybe next year to give GTAV breathing space? Not PS3 presumably because the cost of porting wouldn't cover the expected sales (because it would be a less straightforward port vs bringing the PC version over to Xbox)

I hope so. Not to port beg, but this really needs to be current gen consoles.

I am so confused right now. I just don't even know what to think.

I'd probably like another go at San Andreas, and I have my 360 still hooked up...but with GTAV coming on Xbox One, I just don't know...

scanners.gif

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
There's no way it comes bundled with the ps4 version of GTA V, right?
I'll be happy to have a non cobbled together PC version. Only reason why I don't play it till this day

There's no way it comes bundled with the ps4 version of GTA V, right?
I'll be happy to have a non cobbled together PC version. Only reason why I don't play it till this day

I think that would be brilliant if the PS4/Xb1/PC versions of V came with this

I was going to trade my 360 in next week too

Just so I don't get banned in the future...why is port-begging frowned upon here? I'm guessing it's because mods don't like people clogging up threads with "please bring it to *insert platform here*, instead of actually talking about the game/staying on topic?

Nevadatan

so they are just replacing the old xbox version (which runs on the Xbox emulator) for a native version with achevies and 720p.

nah im good.

Microsoft turns up with truck loads of money at Rockstar.

"Can we have GTAV Xbox One timed exclusive?"

Rockstar "No"

Microsoft "Since we are here, what else you got?"

Rockstar "Hmmm, San Andreas...H..D"

Microsoft "We'll take it, here is some money, think of us next time GTA6 /wink wink"

Rockstar "Suuuure!"

Door closes.

Rockstar "LOL"

I don't even get posts like this other than people having sour grapes... It'll probably come out on PS3 as well, it's just 360 achievements leaked which is what brought up the question.

Guess if it makes you feel better about yourself, go for it?

vFWQjb4.jpg

This was on their FB page today too. I bet this is coming to every platform with the update, just the 360 was confirmed today.

man I haven't gave a shit about GTAOnline..... but I need that KRose shirt, haha.

I made it to San Fierro on the Xbox version and got bored. I'd probably give it another go on current gen systems or Vita. Not sure I'm going to buy another game on 360 though...

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Which songs were removed?

I hope not deep cover
Gtaforums has the following (hot ass tracks that are gone, dammit) missing from the mobile version:
PLAYBACK FM
"Critical Beatdown"

K-DST
"Running Down A Dream"
"Woman To Woman"

Bounce FM
"You Dropped A Bomb On Me"
"Yum Yum"
"Running Away"

Radio Los Santos
"I Don't Give A f*ck"
"Express Yourself"

Radio X
"Killing in the Name of"
"Hellraiser"

K-Jah West
"Ring My Bell"
"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

Master Sounds 98.3
"Express Yourself"
"Rock Creek Park"
"Grunt"
"Soul Power '74"
"The Payback"

alf717

PC version looks great with a little elbow grease.

As for achievements just place a bell near ya and when you feel you did something good ring it and smile at how awesome you are.

This is pretty random... PC version runs fine at 4K so I won't touch this.

Do you have any 4K shots? Mine is 1080P but would like to see a 4K shot.

Jachaos

I'd play it again on Vita. But not on other consoles. I still mess around with the 360 version that got pulled, but unless it's portable with great controls, nah.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Gtaforums has the following (hot ass tracks that are gone, dammit) missing from the mobile version:
PLAYBACK FM
"Critical Beatdown"

K-DST
"Running Down A Dream"
"Woman To Woman"

Bounce FM
"You Dropped A Bomb On Me"
"Yum Yum"
"Running Away"

Radio Los Santos
"I Don't Give A f*ck"
"Express Yourself"

Radio X
"Killing in the Name of"
"Hellraiser"

K-Jah West
"Ring My Bell"
"Don't Let It Go To Your Head"

Master Sounds 98.3
"Express Yourself"
"Rock Creek Park"
"Grunt"
"Soul Power '74"
"The Payback"
I...just....WHY!? Some great tracks there.

notworksafe

I loved GTA SA but I dunno if I can go back now. The aiming and shooting in the PS2 games is so bad, especially after playing 5.

Rockstar "No"

Microsoft "We'll take it, here is some money, think of us next time GTA6 /wink wink"

Rockstar "Suuuure!"

Door closes.

Rockstar "LOL"

This isnt really very funny...

I bet it gets released on other platforms too

if you own the original PC version, you can copy the .asf files for the radio stations from the original versions into the newer PC version. Should (hopefully) work the same once this version of SA releases on that platform.

For console folks, there isn't anything you can do outside of using custom soundtracks.

Rockstar "No"

Rockstar "Suuuure!"

Door closes.

Rockstar "LOL"
Wtf is this

An Xbox 360 version means a new gta this holiday for that platform. Assuming it will hit PS3 as well. Current gen get GTA V.

Makes sense, kinda.. Also makes more sense to put a slightly improved version on 360/PS3 rather than overhauling the games for current gen systems.

Top Bottom