• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V : Getting Ready for the Next Generation in Los Santos

ivtt9xdcXxiHE.gif

Do we see some of the new damage effects on that dudes face?

Please let their be exit wounds when I blow someones head off with the Heavy Pistol.

DOWN

Banned
Thank goodness for the revamped online character creator. Aptly described as:

"choose your character's appearance based on their grandparents' favorite lunch meats"

Lexity

Neo Member
Thank goodness for the revamped online character creator. Aptly described as:

"choose your character's appearance based on their grandparents' favorite lunch meats"

Yeah I would definitely say that was the worst character creation system ever made.

So I noticed the question a few times on the first page and have been searching:

Are there any crews set up? I honestly played about 10 minutes of MP on the PS3 but think with the PS4 I'll probably stick around more to do weird things in MP mode. I'm assuming this will probably be part of the OT and don't want to step on any toes.

So far, searching I've found these. Are crews caring over to new platforms?

1) NeoGaf The Third - Says there is a google doc requirement and the shield is sweeet. The Third mean PS3?

2) neoGAF - one member, seems like a squatter

3) GAF Street - 360 clan

D6AMIA6N

After the debacle of Ass Creed and watching a stream of FC4, I think GTAV, even though I've beat it, is going to get my cash this November. The updates look incredible

N° 2048

After the debacle of Ass Creed and watching a stream of FC4, I think GTAV, even though I've beat it, is going to get my cash this November. The updates look incredible

Same here, I could only choose one game this month and chose GTA V, yes, even over Halo:MCC.

Have they confirmed how the process of carrying over online progress works, exactly??

I mean, actual fucking details. I'd like some printed clarification on that.

Have they confirmed how the process of carrying over online progress works, exactly??

I think I read somewhere that when you boot up online for the first time you get the options to make a new character or import an existing character. Guess you will log into social club at that point and choose your main character.

Not sure if I should do this immediately at midnight, or wait, just in case things fuck up so bad my progress is lost.

Returning Players

Character Transfer
You will need a Rockstar Games Social Club account linked to the console accounts used when previously playing GTA Online.

When entering GTA Online, you will be given the option to transfer your previous GTA Online character and progression data. Once you have chosen to transfer your previous character and progression data, the transferable in-game money, RP and Rank of all previous characters will be displayed. These are the characters that will be transferred to the PlayStation®4 or Xbox One. Once the transfer has completed, you will be prompted to choose a character and enter GTA Online.

You will still be able to play your existing characters on PlayStation®3 and/or Xbox 360, however any progress made with versions of the characters on those systems after a transfer will remain on those systems only. Any existing PlayStation®4 or Xbox One GTA Online character and progression data will be replaced by the previous character and progression data during the transfer, except for any existing in-game money, which will be combined with your transferred balance.

All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/tutorials/character_migration/transfer_character/

Tigress

All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).

Anyone know the reason for this? It doesn't affect me at all (I don't buy MTs and I'm going from PS3 to PS4), but I'm just curious why it would be hard for them to transfer bought money to a different console... how would they even know one it's been added to your bank what has been bought and what hasn't?

I mean I am assuming it's for a technical reason cause I really don't see why it would matter to them (then again, maybe I'm wrong and it does have something to do with agreements with Sony/MS?).

N° 2048

So is this Confirmed? I was really hoping to pick up in the campaign where I left off

It's been said many times that there are a few new missions and that the reason it doesn't carry over is because Rockstar wants you to experience the full remaster instead of loading a save half way through from the last gen version...

It's like loading a TLOU save game from the PS3 halfway on the PS4.

I think this is a great idea. There's so many new things to enjoy with along side the story now.

Juice

It's been said many times that there are a few new missions and that the reason it doesn't carry over is because Rockstar wants you to experience the full remaster instead of loading a save half way through from the last gen version...

I think this is a great idea. It's like loading a TLOU save game from the PS3 halfway on the PS4.

I shall insist on whining about this.

Obscured

Based on how huge game releases have gone lately I really hope this one goes smoothly, I'm not sure how much more people can take if it's not. Just based on their note it sounds like are trying to manage expectations, but maybe I'm reading into it.

Overall, really looking forward to this. Glad I waited and have my fingers crossed.

I don't recall hearing about any new missions.. I presume you mean during the story, of which their addition could screw up a previous story save file? Where's that news from? In any case, I agree with you either that it makes sense not to transfer files, even without the new missions. There's probably too much data that wouldn't transfer in terms of stats and such which may work different with the new gameplay modes, vehicles, etc.

IMACOMPUTA

Is there cliffs to what was discussed in this video? Don't have time to watch the whole thing right now.

These are things I remember from it that I hadn't already heard:

New car damage model - they said cars react way better to taking gunfire. That metal actually frays out from gunfire. They compared it to the T-1000 in Terminator 2 being shot point blank with a shotgun.

You can duck while driving in first person to avoid being shot, but it obviously decreases your vision.

You can freelook while in first person driving (Fuck you Watch_dogs!)

The melee in first person is brutal. Especially the hatchet, which will stick in to people. They mentioned one animation where the hatchet was stuck in to a guys shoulder and the character stepped on the victim to pull the hatchet out.

Mr.Fresh

Man Idk why I'm so hyped for a game I beat already! Can't wait to jump back in Tho I don't even care that I have to complete the story again I can't wait!

dreamfall

Man Idk why I'm so hyped for a game I beat already! Can't wait to jump back in Tho I don't even care that I have to complete the story again I can't wait!

These are worlds we'll get lost in for years. You know this! THIS GAME. On new TECH? Good lord. Los Saaaaantos, we're coming home! Again.

I loved being a pest in GTAO, I would camp the los santos customs building and wait for people to go hook there cars up then kill them lol. GTAO is going to be so much more fun with 30 players to a lobby. I am also hoping the free aim community is bolstered a bit more though we all know more people will always prefer auto aim.

Mr.Fresh

These are worlds we'll get lost in for years. You know this! THIS GAME. On new TECH? Good lord. Los Saaaaantos, we're coming home! Again.

Yes!! We will be playing this until the next GTA drops in 4-5 years!! Gonna be like a new game again with all the new features and additions. This time that platinum is mine!

Do we know if any 'proper' X1/PS4 comparisons are likely to appear before release?

Doubt it... The closest I see it happening is Monday but even that is a long shot.

Daffy Duck

Yes!! We will be playing this until the next GTA drops in 4-5 years!! Gonna be like a new game again with all the new features and additions. This time that platinum is mine!

Doubt it... The closest I see it happening is Monday but even that is a long shot.

I'd go for the platinum, but I don't want to grind the time in GTA:O.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Having played the PS3 version, I'm holding out for this to come out on PC (mods!)......the wait is going to be excruciatingly painful despite being busy with Dragon Age Inquisition, Pokemon and my massive backlog until then..

Replaying the singleplayer campaign in first person with shadowplay on to capture every beautiful little moment will be awesome.

I just logged into GTAO for the first time in about 9 months in preparation for my character transfer next week, only to find that every vehicle (8 in total) in my garage was gone. WTF Rockstar?

UrbanRats

I just logged into GTAO for the first time in about 9 months in preparation for my character transfer next week, only to find that every vehicle (8 in total) in my garage was gone. WTF Rockstar?

Wasn't that a known bug even in the single player game? (that apparently they ignored).

Top Bottom