• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick Reveals How AI Can Make GTA 6 Even Better

I really only care about AI when it comes to speeding up game development. If it ever does that it would be game changing. AI random generated conversations do very little for me unless it somehow changes the gameplay

GymWolf

Yikes. What a dumbfuck quote.

Kinda low-balling all the effort and work that goes into developing characters and scripted arcs.
He is talking about throw away npcs you find in the streets, not secondary and tertiary characters that are in the story, those have scripted lines of dialogue of course.

I'm all for making uninteresting npcs on the street more interesting and unique.

The ia could give them a job, traits, infinite stuff to say etc. To make everything less scripted.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
The only aspect of AI technology that I care about is the advancement of cooperative modes. Nowadays developers are relying more and more on PvP sandboxes where players shoot other players and then rank them on performance. These modes just aren't for individuals such as myself who use video games as a virtual escape from real world PvP sandboxes. Outside of single player experiences, some of my favorite gaming memories are in cooperative games such as Gears of War horde mode or the Left for Dead series when players work together to accomplish a challenging task for some sort of reward. I think the majority of my online gaming friends that I talk to regularly were established within these type of gameplay modes and I hope the advancement of AI technology allows developers to more easily create these experiences instead of taking the easy road and just have us kill each other ad nauseum.

xrnzaaas

Convincing people by the big corporations that AI is good is almost like convincing them that NFT's are worth buying.

Last edited:

PnCIa

What are they gonna say considering what Rockstar has become? "protecting the environment is very important, why don't you step out of the car and walk?" "You wanna know about the great struggles of the lgbtqi+++ community in 1969?" "That's racist"

Davevil

giphy.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
“It may be better, but it almost certainly will not be faster and cheaper”

Did he mean to say it almost certainly WILL be faster and cheaper to make content via AI?

NO! It will take a while before A.I. can help these companies make games. He even stated that they will need to invest alot of money to make it worth it. And that will take time too. He said they may even need to make their own A.I. software generator for games.

So, it it doesn't work out for some reason, they'll just blame gamers and the overall gaming market.

Top Bottom