• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar is "seeking perfection" for GTA 6 and will release it when it's "optimized creatively"

Audiophile

Gold Member
Their fiscal bookings now seem to hint that it's slipped into fiscal year 2026. So after March 31st 2025. Their previous projections suggested fiscal year 2025, or a release date before April 1st 2025.

That is unless a lot of their other properties are projected to see a downturn or a shift in schedule. If not, finger's crossed they can pull a GTAIV and go for a Q2 release.

If this isn't releasing in H1 of 2025 and Death Stranding 2 is set for release later in 2025, then I probably won't re-enter the gaming space and pick up a PS5 Pro until one or the other comes out. The whole first half of this gen has been so underwhelming and there's basically nothing for me til these two come along (unless Ghost Of Tsushima 2 or something else completely new or unexpected miraculously appears and releases before then).

Their fiscal bookings now seem to hint that it's slipped into fiscal year 2026. So after March 31st 2025. Their previous projections suggested fiscal year 2025, or a release date before April 1st 2025.

That is unless a lot of their other properties are projected to see a downturn or a shift in schedule. If not, finger's crossed they can pull a GTAIV and go for a Q2 release.

If this isn't releasing in H1 of 2025 and Death Stranding 2 is set for release later in 2025, then I probably won't re-enter the gaming space and pick up a PS5 Pro until one or the other comes out. The whole first half of this gen has been so underwhelming and there's basically nothing for me til these two come along (unless Ghost Of Tsushima 2 or something else completely new or unexpected miraculously appears and releases before then).
Damn

Scotty W

Gold Member
Really curious anyway how this will end up without the Houser brothers and Leslie Benzies. Those guys were the lifeblood of Rockstars games.

I go on a whim and say GTA6 will be micro transition tailored hot garbage
You have said the actual truth.

If this game has even a hint of dei, it will almost certainly not be perfect.

Moses85

Nothing is ever perfect.
You Are GIF

Fishels

I personally think they should just cancel this project and work on something new.
If it was Naughty dog they would.

We at Naughty Dog think GTA6 is too ambitious and will require the whole studio. So we have canceled 5 years of work even tho we knew it would require the whole studio when we started. We apologize. Here's some Cosplays and another remaster.

-Neil Druckman

Pelao

Give me the physics of GTA IV and the world detail of RDR2 and I'll consider it perfect in my book.

Yeah, i don't trust them. Last GTA game was released in 2013, way before the current woke era and i remember how some re-releases of the older games since then had some censoring. It's going to look great and the open world map will probably be the best ever created but i'm almost certain the characters are going to suck.
GTAV has already been censored. Interpret that as it having come out so long ago/culture moving so quickly.

Top Bottom