• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar is "seeking perfection" for GTA 6 and will release it when it's "optimized creatively"

Draugoth

Gold Member
uFzAcTB9QCR8HPbcgensok-970-80.jpg.webp

GTA 6 is scheduled to release sometime in 2025, and the sequel's publisher said during a financial results call that it's looking for perfection before the long-anticipated open-world game finally launches.

"We're seeking perfection, and when we feel we've optimized creatively, that's the time to release," Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar parent company Take-Two, said to an investor asking how the publisher decides when release a game like GTA 6. Zelnick went on to assure investors that "we're all in this together," and that devs and executives both have financial incentives to ensure that development doesn't drag on forever.

"There is inherent tension, potentially, between getting something to market and creating perfection," Zelnick said, "but this company errs on the side of perfection."

Source

@gkTH

"We're seeking perfection, and when we feel we've optimized creatively, that's the time to release"
Ok then, the PS5 Pro would be a potential one to allow this optimization happen.
This is a perfect timing.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was always gonna be late 2025 anyway.

Can see it slipping to 2026 if I'm honest. GTA does something bad to people's brains where they forget

A. how long things like this take to become what makes them so big
B. the documented change in workplace culture at Rockstar after RDR2
C. how long the GTA V and RDR2 press cycles were
D. that the December trailer was the first official look at the game

angrod14

Seeking perfection with dem Shark cards. Gotta hire the psychologists to know how to lure kids into buying them as much as possible.

Then gotta hire dem lawyers to throwaway the lawsuits from those kids complaining they lost everything they bought when the servers got killed.

Lots to think about and be perfected indeed.

Perhaps I am just a cynic but this is garbage talk.

They already have a release date planned. They are already working towards that date. This is just the things you say to market your game. Nothing short of perfection, we know its been a long time coming but we are seeking perfection blah blah.

Thaedolus

Gold Member

They already have a release date planned. They are already working towards that date. This is just the things you say to market your game. Nothing short of perfection, we know its been a long time coming but we are seeking perfection blah blah.
They’ve given themselves a year release window to buffer any issues. That means it could release in less than a year from now, or up to 22 months from now. For all we know they could have the game fully finished at some point soon and take a year for polish like Nintendo did with TotK.

Hydroxy

Seeking perfection to ensure none of the humor offends anyone other than straight white men.

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
Yeah right. I’d probably bet money that the next game will have the same sluggish controls and poor mission structure of their past games.
I want to be surprised. Like generation defining surprised.
Something so fresh, I didn’t even know I wanted that.
Doubt though.

It's Rockstar buddy it will redefine the open world game, is that good enough!

Robb

Gold Member
I want to be surprised. Like generation defining surprised.
Something so fresh, I didn’t even know I wanted that.
Doubt though.
I think it’s guaranteed we’ll see them push some really cool stuff, they always do. But it’ll likely be related to physics/world size/AI/detail/visuals etc., rather than any meaningful gameplay adjustments. But just imagine all that stuff with snappy controls and open-ended mission designs on top of it.
Thats A 10 Ice Cream GIF

GTA5 is going to sell +200M copies though so it seems obvious their main audience don’t care about the same stuff I care about.. Which is unfortunate for me.

Last edited:

amigastar

I think they are saying this because GTA V still sells great and they don't feel the urge to release it very soon.
So fall 2025 it is.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Really curious anyway how this will end up without the Houser brothers and Leslie Benzies. Those guys were the lifeblood of Rockstars games.

I go on a whim and say GTA6 will be micro transition tailored hot garbage

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
so waiting on Xbox Next confirmed. Cant wait to try it on PS5 Pro
Its something whispers have said for months and I have mentioned it here a few times, MS would love to have their nextbox ready in the same launch window and it be without a doubt the best place to play this game

Probably being cynical, but after playing Red Dead 2, a wonderful movie, but THE worst VIDEO GAME I ever played, what Rockstar thinks is creative and perfect, is clearly not what I think either is.

But it doesn't matter. It will be a huge game, it will sell billions, and even if the gameplay is the same as Red Dead 2, people won't mention a pip about that aspect, just like they did with RDR 2.

But I love to be proven wrong, so I hope Rockstar makes me feel stupid.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ah, the Starfield strategy.

StueyDuck

uFzAcTB9QCR8HPbcgensok-970-80.jpg.webp

GTA 6 is scheduled to release sometime in 2025, and the sequel's publisher said during a financial results call that it's looking for perfection before the long-anticipated open-world game finally launches.

Source
I expect no less from Rockstar... I'm ready to live n breathe in an actual new open world again instead of painted backdrops with nothing happening

nkarafo

Optimized Creatively

...for modern audiences
Yeah, i don't trust them. Last GTA game was released in 2013, way before the current woke era and i remember how some re-releases of the older games since then had some censoring. It's going to look great and the open world map will probably be the best ever created but i'm almost certain the characters are going to suck.

Top Bottom