• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC - Introducing the Rockstar Editor

New trailer released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He5pZypleqE

There is also a small tutorial located here: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/tutorials/editor

QASVRFD.jpg

Director Mode is a brand new option that, in conjunction with the Rockstar Editor, allows more freedom to create a truly unique video. Choose from a cast of characters and creatures including story characters, Los Santos and Blaine County residents, and animals. You will be able to trigger a number of actions and phrases of dialogue as well as dictating other variables such as weather, time of day and locations in the world.

Use all of these tools to create diverse video footage that can then be used in the Rockstar Editor in the same way as footage captured in GTAV Story Mode and GTA Online.

Can't wait to see what the community creates with this.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
This is going to be so good. Being able to use all kinds of characters, voices and control weather, will see some awesome things I'm sure.

Don't have a PC capable of playing GTA V, but I can't wait to see what people make with this. The scene editor looks especially awesome, mixing and matching characters, settings, special effects, weather, etc. if I wasn't saving for a wedding, I'd buy some beastly PC just to play this.

A gaffer posted a video he made frm GTAIV which was this old Niko rampage and it was pretty awesome work, and so I can't wait to see what people make with GTAV's editor.

Sadly, whenever I see anything GTAV for PC it makes me wish Rockstar had spent resources on porting Red Dead Redemption to PC, assuming it would have an editor like SA, IV, and V do... We'd see some incredible work over the years.

I guess this is an odd thing to first mention but I love the logo

They've mentioned it before and the replay editor in SA and IV were fan favorites. Nice to show off the new features of this.

Dr Dogg

Really, really nice addition. Been a while since a game has featured a full video editor that uses engine data instead of straight up recording video.

I guess this is an odd thing to first mention but I love the logo

Just think of all the crazy Benny Hill speed video you could make.

Tenebrous

It's about time video game movies/shows took off again. I remember when WoW machinima was a pretty big deal, and Arby n the Chief was one of the funniest things you could hope to watch... I didn't even like Halo, but AntC was just incredibly entertaining juvenile fun.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some quality stuff.

It's about time video game movies/shows took off again. I remember when WoW machinima was a pretty big deal, and Arby n the Chief was one of the funniest things you could hope to watch... I didn't even like Halo, but AntC was just incredibly entertaining juvenile fun.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some quality stuff.

Check TF2 movies out

bengraven

Damn you Rockstar, every fucking time.

"Here's this thing you've been extremely excited about! Oh and just before launch or launch day let's reveal this big thing we've been keeping secret!"

It's beautiful.

SparkTR

Hopefully this takes off more than it did with the previous games. The previous games didn't really seem to produce much with it, though this looks about a million times more involved than they were.

Just so I'm clear, you can use this in regular campaign mode to replay a funny glitch or awesome chase? Not just in the director mode?

I think the Rockstar Editor is basically two separate things...the "Editor" for actual gameplay footage from SP or MP and the "Director Mode" for setting up your own scene

(I hope that's right)

Nzyme32

Perfect addition for the PC crowd, especially with the director mode and some of the prebaked mods. I expect some brilliant and ludicrous stuff from the community, both pre-mods and post-mods in particular

KHlover

Banned
Rockstar editor + Iron Man mod.

Hell yea! GTA IV was already the best Iron Man game to date.

2014-04-18_00008ekps9.jpg

2014-04-18_0002323or1.jpg

With better editor and First Person mode (oh god, just thinking about a proper first person Iron Man mod makes me drool) the potential is limitless o_O

Nzyme32

Content ID eagerly awaits tomorrow.

This will actually be really interesting to see play out. Unless they have it so that anything with the Rockstar Social Club embedded logos gets a free pass, I expect a comical few weeks as people work out how to work around it

Damn you Rockstar, every fucking time.

"Here's this thing you've been extremely excited about! Oh and just before launch or launch day let's reveal this big thing we've been keeping secret!"

It's beautiful.
I'd be getting excited about this stuff alongside y'all, because it is pretty cool, I always loved Director Mode in Driver and wanted it to be a thing in every game since, but I'm just sitting here hoping there's no negative surprises they've been keeping secret...

Like, some in this thread are imagining how great the mods will be and I'm just...yeaaaah, this game might actively prevent mods.

Top Bottom