• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC - Introducing the Rockstar Editor

It's pretty good so far, but it has its issues. Transitioning the camera between keyframes can be wonky, the game stops recording as soon as your director mode character dies (so no lingering death shots), and you can't use multiple characters at a time to stage a scene.

I was looking at the options yesterday as I was messing around, but is there any way for me to change the drive videos are stored on? It wants to use my C drive, which is a smaller SSD.

I was looking at the options yesterday as I was messing around, but is there any way for me to change the drive videos are stored on? It wants to use my C drive, which is a smaller SSD.

Pretty sure it depends on where your documents folder is. I'm using a symbolic link, with the Rockstar folder on my HDD, so the game stores the videos on the HDD.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd like to know as well. It seems to be one of those things where it's decided it's going to use my C: drive and that's that, even if the game is installed on another drive. Problem is, my C: drive is an SSD and doesn't have a lot of space. I've got tons of space on my HDD, though.

Hopefully I can find an answer here since the GTA OT is going too fast

Can you place specific NPCs and props around in a scene before recording in director mode is it just a cheat menu and a new player skin?

It's basically a cheat menu and character selector mod. Was hoping for something more elaborate, but I guess we'll have to wait for trainers to be able to do more. Was planning to do a Bloodsport machinima with various story NPCs fighting in a tournament, but that's not really feasible atm.

Looks good man, liked the shot at the end.

Thanks.

Also the lack of render to hard drive option is fucking idiotic. You have to deal with in-game framedrops and some other visual glitches when using Shadowplay to capture the footage, which wouldn't be an issue if we could just render directly. Trying to do an explosive Trevor video, and the framedrops are much more difficult to deal with.

Also the lack of render to hard drive option is fucking idiotic. You have to deal with in-game framedrops and some other visual glitches when using Shadowplay to capture the footage, which wouldn't be an issue if we could just render directly. Trying to do an explosive Trevor video, and the framedrops are much more difficult to deal with.
You sort of can.

When I export a project, it renders it frame by frame at a fairly slow speed (just like an offline renderer) so you can avoid framedrops easily. If you choose not to upload it to YT, the MP4 file can be found in Appdata. Other artifacts are generally still visible though.
---
Also, I made a thread for this tool last night in case people wanted to make cool stuff together or just share them.

You sort of can.

When I export a project, it renders it frame by frame at a fairly slow speed (just like an offline renderer) so you can avoid framedrops easily. If you choose not to upload it to YT, the MP4 file can be found in Appdata. Other artifacts are generally still visible though.
---
Also, I made a thread for this tool last night in case people wanted to make cool stuff together or just share them.

Oh man, thanks so much for this. I thought I'd have to use Shadowplay to capture the rendered video in the online gallery, then insert black bars to hide the hud. This is pretty much the best possible option besides Rockstar implementing a proper offline render option.

EDIT: Then again, after comparing, seems as though the rendered version is more compressed. Goddamit.

The game offer three levels of bitrate when exporting a video, wonder if there's some kind of ini file to increase it to improve quality when rendering.

^that perturbator i am the night

hoping we get some good movies to those tracks... maybe some drive inspired vids...

sometimes I dress Franklin up in a varsity, pig mask, and a baseball bat and go to town on those armenians out in the trash yard... could be a good hotline miami vid

Top Bottom