• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Rumors – Low VS High, GTX 770 Not Powerful Enough For 60FPS At max settings

Denton

Might be fake, might be not. Sure does look genuine though.

Some additional info from the source thread:

Unfortunately they don't have 21:9 monitors in their offices, so 1080p is the "max" resolution for him. He said you should try if MP3 or GTA IV supports 21:9, as the settings are really similar.

SO! The new info comes....

• Independence FM is back! What really surprised my source is how badly they fucked that up though. The game doesn't read from id3 tag of your mp3s, but from the fucking NAME. It has to follow a strict "TRACKNAME - ARTIST" style, so you have to change the names in the mp3 folder manually for it to display correctly.

• Several people asked what PC is he using and what settings give him 60 FPS. I confirmed with him that he doesn't have a 970 (duh, it doesn't have 2 GB memory as pictured in the screen Laughing). He has an i5 3570K, with 8 GB RAM and a MSI GTX 770 Lightning edition.

Deadbeat

Banned
If I have hardware more powerful than consoles, I should get better performance than consoles regardless of the game. But with Rockstar (and outside Max Payne 3) their games have been shit ports. How does the scope of the game impact the performance of the ps4/xbone? My hardware is more powerful so I should get better performance.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Sigh people obsessed with maxing out everything. Yeah well get some SLI 980 shit or something.

Qassim

If I have hardware more powerful than consoles, I should get better performance than consoles regardless of the game. But with Rockstar (and outside Max Payne 3) their games have been shit ports.

I can't remember ever playing a Rockstar game with worse performance than the consoles..

Nzyme32

The previous thread with the same guys previous info, was debunked as fake and the thread locked. And now the same guy does it, and here is a new thread. Bring other sources or it is most likely still fake

Denton

Sigh people obsessed with maxing out everything. Yeah well get some SLI 980 shit or something.

Seriously.

People chill the fuck out. If 770 can manage 60fps stable with setting even equivalent to PS4, that would be fucking amazing. 770 is not 100% faster than PS4's GPU, and the game drops frames on PS4...from 30.

red731

Seriously, people need to stop comparing the two... It's apple and oranges.

Sure they use the same engine but they are completely different games with different scope.

Totaly understand that they are completely different, but does that forbid saying a thing about it though?

Of course they have different scope, but that doesn't mean a thing - this is about the technical prowess of the studio making the conversion, the optimalization.

How the game will run will depend on user's hardware after all.

If that is a rumor, then okay :)

MayMay

Banned
The first pic is 100% fake, the other ones are 95%. They both look like ass - one just looks a bit more like "ass with photoshop filter" lol

deeptech

If those settings are getting him constant 60fps on a 770 , then OCed 970 will be more than enough i think. Also , this will surely have a patch or two to improve , also drivers.

Hristi

Got a 2gb 770 and I'm not even expecting to run it on max settings. I can live with mixed high/low setting as long the gameplay is fluid. Really hoping its a good port.

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't see the problem. I bet that reducing MSAA, view distance, draw distance and vehicle distance a bit will still give PC gamers much better visuals than on consoles, and performance bump will be significant.

Skyzard

Banned
Does that screenshot even look like the game on current gen consoles?

1440p better turn this into magic.

All those delays and extra wait times. For nothing?

Seriously.

People chill the fuck out. If 770 can manage 60fps stable with setting even equivalent to PS4, that would be fucking amazing. 770 is not 100% faster than PS4's GPU, and the game drops frames on PS4...from 30.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. If you can get visuals that look roughly on par with the PS4 version at 60FPS on a GTX770, then I don't see the problem. Sounds pretty good to me.

But as for me, I have a GTX660.... I think its time to upgrade soon.

Nzyme32

This is from the same guy and is a bit more believable since there is a difference not in any version thus far - functioning mirrors. That said, it could be edited in. I'm no expert

ZqLdOxG.jpg

Gangxxter

Why are people suprised ?
A lot of recent big games can't be maxed with GTX 770.
Why the hell should a PC-release in 2015 target a 2012-chip for its max settings?!?
This and this!

If those screens are real, those are pretty impressive settings for that rig.

Max. settings = high end rig from today
Med. settings = high end rig from 3 years ago
Min. settings = high end rig from 6 years ago

If the developers can achieve that level of performance, they've done everything right.

Deadbeat

Banned
This and this!

If those screens are real, those are pretty impressive settings for that rig.

Max. settings = high end rig from today
Med. settings = high end rig from 3 years ago
Min. settings = high end rig from 6 years ago

If the developers can achieve that level of performance, they've done everything right.
The ps4/xbone are not as powerful as you think they are.

As someone who owns a GTX 770, I never for one second thought I could max out GTA V at max settings.

It's an open-world game, and one that is likely to be reliant on CPU more than most other games. And a 770 is a far cry from bleeding edge today. Now, if we're getting performance like AC:Unity at launch that'd be a whole different story, but the statement that "GTA V maxed on a 770 cannot run at 60 fps" by itself is no reason for panic/rage.

Foffy

Banned
This is from the same guy and is a bit more believable since there is a difference not in any version thus far - functioning mirrors. That said, it could be edited in. I'm no expert

ZqLdOxG.jpg

I would hope the game has working mirrors. One of the things that already killed my interest in using first person mode was that at least for the console versions, the fucking mirrors didn't work. Maybe I am spoiled by ArmA III's PiP mirrors, but if you're going to highlight first person driving, you better aim for accuracy. That includes mirrors.

Skyzard

Banned

ZqLdOxG.jpg

That looks real to me, shadows pointing in the right directon, probably a turn in the road behind him.

Fuck sake, graphics mostly look like ass.

Hope it's the 2GB ram limiting textures or something. Not like my 3GB on 780ti is going to be a massive improvement if I want a higher resolution too.

UrbanRats

ZqLdOxG.jpg

Shouldn't it reflect the road? Anyway, not that hard to shop something like that and the radio display.

The Cowboy

All i want to know is what settings on the adjustments is the equivalent to the PS4 settings, i want to gauge my system based on that and start to push it up from that point.

That looks real to me, shadows pointing in the right directon, probably a turn in the road behind him.

Hope it's the 2GB ram limiting textures or something. Not like my 3GB on 780ti is going to be a massive improvement if I want a higher resolution too.

I'm not buying it, still looks hella fake to me

Skyzard

Banned
I'm not buying it, still looks hella fake to me

I hope so mang.

It looks so bad.

The reflection even looks a bit better than the actual ground texture.

You know that weird pattern of dots that you see often in console games - I'm not sure if it's for shadows or AA or something, but it's like a lot of dots superimposed that you see in console shots...you can see that in this too.

izuvQQG.png

What's up with the weird sharpness amongst all the blur too. Is that what the game engine is like?

Nzyme32

Shouldn't it reflect the road? Anyway, not that hard to shop something like that and the radio display.

Yes it should, although having never played the game, I have no idea what the roads are like and if there is a turn or something that could give that result. I wouldn't take anything as gospel unless it comes from rockstar in some form

Valkrai

Yes it should, although having never played the game, I have no idea what the roads are like and if there is a turn or something that could give that result. I wouldn't take anything as gospel unless it comes from rockstar in some form

Can't say I've tried the XBO/PS4 versions but from the 360/PS3 versions, reflections only occurred when it was raining.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
like i said AF is clearly not on that alone screams a console screenshot or something weird

red731

FXAA is not SMAA x8!

That's how FXAA looks like.

Also everything is blurred to hell. As FXAA does.
I will wait for R* newswire info before making something out of what may or may not be fake.

And yeah, that non existant AF.

lefantome

The FXAA used in GTA V is the worst.

R* should implement SMAA used in Ryse and Infamous: it's a bit more expensive but the results are much better.

Expect to be disappointed graphically. I'm at least hoping for better IQ but not holding my breath for much better textures than the PS4/XBO versions. Was surprised just how last gen port it looked when I fired it up for the first time on PS4. I really doubt Rockstar put that much time into making better textures just for the PC version. They've been treating it like a third world platform for awhile with the treatment they've given ports (minus MP3). I'd like to be proven wrong this time mostly in the hopes of good performance for modded in Oculus support, but I'm skeptical af after gta iv.

Top Bottom