• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

LiK

iUo0LwE4Ztuqr.png

ibuq6b0543V1qW.png

audi_logo_claim_usa.gif

well it sure looks like it. It's not an RF, looks more like a modified R8.

they cut off the top of the real logo. no licensing fees for them.

Salsa

But they don't have 12x MSASCCSASAAA and witcher 2 textures, game fucking sucks!

I just dont know where this is coming from, along with other similar mocking comments you made here as if everyone was dumb or something

who's saying the game fucking sucks because the graphics dont look that good? people are just saying that the graphics are nothing to write home about, criticizing it in that context alone, and as a personal opinion

The dog was so well done. The characters look kinda shitty in places, but they're animated fairly well so I guess it'll just be down to the performances. Verdict still out on their personalities, potentially very cliche from all three really. Still looks fun, I have doubts about how well it will run, even on PCs should that come out one day. Driving missions are what I play GTA for and they seem to have plenty of good stuff for me to do.

Fuck off with the oversized gifs you just froze my browser.

ironcreed

Banned
R.I.P. GTA3 and Vice City era humor and fun

now it's serious dialogue GTA4 era :(

Really? Looks like it is going to have plenty of that GTA brand of humor, as well as insanity. Game does not look like it takes itself seriously at all, yet the world still feels totally livable, believable and immersive. Best of both worlds.

Can't wait to get a finalize release date. Probably request a week off from work and play the shit out this thing. Last time I did that was for GTA IV.

Here's the full shot.

rsggtavscreenshot063tif.png
I don't really remember much about the peds from GTA IV, but it's nice that there's some variety in this screen shot. The peds are repeated, but with different clothes / hat. That always drove me nuts with San Andreas, seeing a few dozen identical Denises while driving around Grove street.

Otacon

holy shit
just saw the trailer
looks phenomenal
no way this is console footage though
anyway, can't wait to play it
gta is on a completely different level for me
damn, 2013 will be an awesome last (hopefully) year of the current gen
*watches trailer again*

Fjordson

I haven't picked up that issue.

I usually like to stay in the dark and be very presumptuous at the same time.
They won't limit it in the way you mentioned.

But there are unique side activities and missions for each character. To try and develop each of them individually, in addition to the major missions that involve multiple characters.

But when you're just messing around in the world, you're free to roam around with any of the characters and presumably do whatever you want.

Marleyman

Banned
Can't wait to get a finalize release date. Probably request a week off from work and play the shit out this thing. Last time I did that was for GTA IV.

I said earlier that my first child is due in mid-April; I will be taking a week off anyway for that but I really hope this comes out before the baby;)

RSP

holy shit
just saw the trailer
looks phenomenal
*watches trailer again*

THIS

oh and please be a steady 30 fps on my xbox ...

Salsa

to be fair im not surprised many people here missed the details. Thread title for the gameinformer thread was terrible, should have specified some of the info in there.

holy shit
just saw the trailer
looks phenomenal
*watches trailer again*

I'm 100% sure this is console footage.

I like the multiple character aspect of this one. And yeah, it would be great to have a pet to sic on innocent bystanders. Hopefully the trailer isn't suggesting that there will be a lot of setpieces with limited interactivity, though--too much of that already these days.

DangerStepp

They won't limit it in the way you mentioned.

But there are unique side activities and missions for each character. To try and develop each of them individually, in addition to the major missions that involve multiple characters.

But when you're just messing around in the world, you're free to roam around with any of the characters and presumably do whatever you want.
I was hoping for something along those lines.

I appreciate you taking the time to inform me. You're swell!

DangerStepp

Terrible song choice for the trailer. It made it seem like a commercial for a PG-13 action/comedy movie starring Will Smith.
You're just saving a posting space while feverishly working in MS paint to show map comparisons to the new trailer.

Aren't you?

I said earlier that my first child is due in mid-April; I will be taking a week off anyway for that but I really hope this comes out before the baby;)
Headphone time if you don't have some already! :)

Guri

I've stayed away from previews. Did they explain if this will be more like Vice City's humor and satire? It's my favorite because of that. The trailer seems to be like that, but I want to be sure!

Derrick01

Banned
to clarify, im not one of those complaining. Im joking around and my expectations fall in line with what these machines can do, my complaints are more about prefering this game to be a next-gen launch title, but that's another thing

just saying that you're going into a bit of a hyperbole when you already made 2 or 3 posts among the lines of "BUT THIS IS SO BLAND IT SUCKS LOLOL" mocking that I feel is kinda below you, specially when there's no one acting like that on this thread

I'm glad it's not a next gen game. You know what game put most of its focus on tech and graphics? GTA 4. You know what game was boring as shit to play? GTA 4.

If they put it on next gen consoles, especially launch period then yeah I guess graphic whores are happy. Meanwhile I get depressed that I have to wander around another empty city with nothing to do.

Salsa

I'm glad it's not a next gen game. You know what game put most of its focus on tech and graphics? GTA 4. You know what game was boring as shit to play? GTA 4.

how is that in any way indicative of a next-gen game's quality?

if this game was next gen it would only be better. It's not like all the work put on here would go to waste or something dude. It being a next-gen game doesnt mean they need to somehow start over and make it empty and boring

also next gen =/= graphics. Im talking about more than that here

1. In the first line of the thread
2. They were in trailer #1
3. The fourth line of the thread

I could have been more detailed but LOL.

Learn how to read.

jesus it's just a simple small complain based on how mods ussually update titles when big news like that break out, did I hit a nerve or something? but okay I guess i'll learn how to read :S

Derrick01

Banned
how is that in any way indicative of a next-gen game's quality?

if this game was next gen it would only be better. It's not like all the work put on here would go to waste or something dude. It being a next-gen game doesnt mean they need to somehow start over and make it empty and boring

They'd have to scrap everything they know and re-learn entire new consoles, possibly a new engine too. It changes their entire gameplan that they've had for 2-3 years now.

sp3ctr3

The car chase with the cars falling off the big rig trailer was pure michael bays' Bad Boys II.

Great trailer

Daft_Cat

Is this not San Fierro?

If it's in Los Santos, then it would be the Vincent Thomas Bridge..but the surrounding area doesn't look right (besides the LA metro bus).

EDIT.

Never mind. It's the Vincent Thomas. It appears somewhere else in the trailer as well.

I'm downloading San Andreas on PC as we speak because I need moar GTA in my body nao. I booted up my old PS2 version with my 100% save but... jeez, that game does not look good anymore :p

Otacon

lulz this is Ground Zeroes part 2

"no way is this current gen"

"looks like crap, desperately need new machines"
didn't have time to check many reactions to this trailer but how can anyone say this looks like crap?
this looks like the greatest game ever made xD
and yeah, ground zeroes either won't be on ps360 or definitely won't look anywhere near as awesome as the trailer did
but that's another story
can't wait for both, though
and Beyond
and Last of Us
and Bioshock
is it summer 2013 already?
Dx
*enters cryosleep*

Top Bottom