• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

how is that in any way indicative of a next-gen game's quality?

if this game was next gen it would only be better. It's not like all the work put on here would go to waste or something dude. It being a next-gen game doesnt mean they need to somehow start over and make it empty and boring

also next gen =/= graphics. Im talking about more than that here

jesus it's just a simple small complain, but okay I guess i'll learn how to read :S

I think what he was getting at before Rockstar was spending alot of time on creating the new engine and also trying to fit the euphoria physics tech into the RAGE engine. That time spent could of been used more towards gameplay and mechanics.

With GTA V. They know the engine, they know the consoles, so way more time is now spent on the world creation, gameplay and mechanics.

Salsa

They'd have to scrap everything they know and re-learn entire new consoles, possibly a new engine too. It changes their entire gameplan that they've had for 2-3 years now.

I dont think that's much of a fair argument when GTA 4's shortcomings barely came from not being used to the consoles. The quality of the mechanics and engine was there, the game just wasnt that much fun from a design perspective.

I guess you could have a point there but it's not like we could know either way

I think what he was getting at before Rockstar was spending alot of time on creating the new engine and also trying to fit the euphoria physics tech into the RAGE engine. That time spent could of been used more towards gameplay and mechanics.

they should have taken more time with IV, yeah, but I think they could have decided to do that and didnt, dont see why they would make a mistake like that again

does make sense I guess though

haikira

People were expecting an world game with next gen graphics on current hardware? Have fun with.

I actually think all things considered, it looks phenomenal. Nice to see it's looking more realistic, but also more colorful and crazy. As someone already said, best of both worlds.

Definitely there day one.

Fjordson

Getting a very Tony Soprano vibe from Michael. Especially with the cigar out by the pool and the therapy session.

l.jpg

First mission of the game: feed Michael's ducks.

The dog was so well done.
Dat animation.

gta_5_artwork2_1.jpg

I hope the rottweiler is a companion to Franklin, kinda like how you own a horse in RDR or a dog in Fable 2, and you grow emotionally attached to it after playing for a while.
Please let one of the character specific activities for Franklin be a virtual pet simulation mini-game kind of thing, where you can train your rottweiler to attack or defend territories, or you can just take the dog out for a walk and stumble upon some random side missions, it'll be like the first Digimon World game on the PS1!!

JDSN

Banned
Love the trailer, I like how despite his denial, you can almost tell which DVD set Dan House has been watching the past two years.

I hope the rottweiler is a companion to Franklin, kinda like how you own a horse in RDR or a dog in Fable 2, and you grow emotionally attached to it after playing for a while.

Oh man, I rode the same horse in RDR from beginning to end, and I reloaded my game any time it died because I couldn't live without it. Hopefully Franklin's dog will be invincible, because I can't do dogs dying. Can't do it. Nope.

Kandinsky

If this game ends up looking half as good (graphics) as this trailer I'll be very impressed, holy shit that was incredible.

This trailer was quite underwhelming considering all the hype it was getting. Everything featured, I've seen before in dozens of other games. I would like to see some actual gameplay instead of cinemas. The characters look interesting but that's about all I can positively say about it.

Trailer #2 was as cryptic as a Jim Harbaugh press conference.

Still a Day One buy regardless but I expected a more meaty experience. Maybe Trailer #3?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm probably the last person in the world to see anything about GTAV, so I'm profoundly disappointed that even with three main characters, they couldn't do a female character. I don't think they'll ever make a GTA game where you play as a woman. lol

Marleyman

Banned
This trailer was quite underwhelming considering all the hype it was getting. Everything featured, I've seen before in dozens of other games. I would like to see some actual gameplay instead of cinemas. The characters look interesting but that's about all I can positively say about it.

Trailer #2 was as cryptic as a Jim Harbaugh press conference.

Still a Day One buy regardless but I expected a more meaty experience. Maybe Trailer #3?

Cryptic? Have you read the lengthy preview out there?

Derrick01

Banned
Multiplayer is accessed through the menu in single player. (Tiny little detail.)

I don't know why they refuse to make an option in the main menu. It sucks waiting for the game to load SP and then jump to MP, especially on the PC version of GTA 4 which takes foreeeever to load without a SSD.

If this game ends up looking half as good (graphics) as this trailer I'll be very impressed, holy shit that was incredible.

I think you're in for a good surprise. The graphics seem only like a reasonable update on GTA IV. I just hope they give us a better framerate, as GTA IV on ps3 was unplayable after a few years.

pargonta

I'm probably the last person in the world to see anything about GTAV, so I'm profoundly disappointed that even with three main characters, they couldn't do a female character. I don't think they'll ever make a GTA game where you play as a woman. lol

it's okay, we can just edit the language to make it appear that michael is a woman.

how is that in any way indicative of a next-gen game's quality?

if this game was next gen it would only be better. It's not like all the work put on here would go to waste or something dude. It being a next-gen game doesnt mean they need to somehow start over and make it empty and boring

also next gen =/= graphics. Im talking about more than that here

jesus it's just a simple small complain based on how mods ussually update titles when big news like that break out, did I hit a nerve or something? but okay I guess i'll learn how to read :S

You're wrong

Houser was a lot more conservative in his talk with Famitsu when it came to hardware. The editor Houser spoke with was a little surprised that GTA 5 wasn't coming out for the console generation after the current one, something the Rockstar creative director brushed off. "Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," he said. "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too. GTA: San Andras came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all."

source

If it is at least this beatiful and flawless (30fps) on the ps3 i would buy it on ps3... but no we will only get so much bullshit from R*. Ugly slow ps3 version. Limited Xbox version. And buggy crashy not running pc version years later. Sry but i wont jump in.

So you're saying these trailers are missreprestenting the cutscenes and scenarios in the game?

Let the salt flow.

I'm buying the game, genius. I'm not salty, there's just nothing to get excited by from trailers like this. It's just Rockstar's masturbating pretending they can tell a story, which they showed with GTA4 they're utterly incapable of

calder

Oh god I want this game. Can't wait.

And I can't wait for next-gen tbh. But still, what a send off to current gen!

Top Bottom