• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V [TRAILER #2] - Talk Thread

Raptomex

The only info requested by me.....CAN I RUNOVER ANIMALS?
I don't know but I don't see why not. How ridiculous would it be to drive into an animal, the car crashes or goes flying, the animal remains stationary then keeps walking. So I'm pretty sure we'll be able to run over animals.

Tr4nce

I've been a member of GTAForums since '04. I was 15 at the time. Some good times.

Nothing personal buddy. It's just the community as a whole is a bit crazy I reckon. Can't read through a thread without seeing people calling eachother retards, dicks, etc. etc.

Now off to read the ign article. Sad that it's nothing new though!

Raptomex

Nothing personal buddy. It's just the community as a whole is a bit crazy I reckon. Can't read through a thread without seeing people calling eachother retards, dicks, etc. etc.

Now off to read the ign article. Sad that it's nothing new though!
I agree. I don't post there much now because of that. I'm 23 now. I guess I was too young at the time to realize or care. Although some of the admins over there are really cool.

Anyway I won't be able to check out this info until I get home but if it's nothing new than IGN lied. What's tomorrow supposed to be? Any particular theme?

santi_yo

Bullshot vs Real Deal.

Rsggtavscreenshot060-tifjpg-19d224.jpg

7lqFE.jpg

Tr4nce

Tomorrow an interview with Dan Houser.

Well about the IGN article. There was one bit of info which is nice. It says that Los Santos itself is in size comparable to Libert City from GTA IV. And I'm ok with that. That is a big enough city. I don't think it needs to be any bigger really.

Raptomex

Well about the IGN article. There was one bit of info which is nice. It says that Los Santos itself is in size comparable to Libert City from GTA IV. And I'm ok with that. That is a big enough city. I don't think it needs to be any bigger really.
I was wondering about that myself. Good to know.

Socreges

Banned

So the overall map is Los Santos and then outside areas?

-BLITZ-

And yet again the picture tells you how R* still making mediocre LOD textures, especially on trees. The left corner, seriously make it a small improvement, I'm sure that is not that hard, but the right corner of the image of those trees or bushes depends what they really are, something like that you get on Vice City middle Island.

One thing though, I'm glad to see the draw distance at least being improvement a bit as the palm trees can bee seen from the half distance of the map.

Muffdraul

And yet again the picture tells you how R* still making mediocre LOD textures, especially on trees. The left corner, seriously make it a small improvement, I'm sure that is not that hard, but the right corner of the image of those trees or bushes depends what they really are, something like that you get on Vice City middle Island.

One thing though, I'm glad to see the draw distance at least being improvement a bit as the palm trees can bee seen from the half distance of the map.

Sacrifices must be made to achieve that sense of scale. Trees that look shitty under scrutiny I can live with.

-BLITZ-

Sacrifices must be made to achieve that sense of scale.

Yep, big huge quarter of a building size bushes to really feel the sense of scale. For what they are making them so huge, is not like I will feel the game smaller then, the map or the objec ... oh you are so right.

Even better, just erase those, leaving more room for other more important objects to be placed there or just leave it empty.

Actually I'm loving the picture. If the only the city size is this, I will learn and remember the city very easy.

Ranger X

I see people saying stuff like that all the time about Rockstar. Which other games are better at LODs and draw distance? Skyrim maybe? Seriously, Rockstar clearly are on the podium for open world games, draw distances and lods. I wonder which other games you are playing. Name me GTA5 equivalents or better. Don't go tell some PC game running with some hardware 3 times powerful than a 360 or PS3, I want legit and true comparison. This means an 100% open world game on 360 or PS3.

Muffdraul

Yep, big huge quarter of a building size bushes to really feel the sense of scale. For what they are making them so huge, is not like I will feel the game smaller then, the map or the objec ... oh you are so right.

Even better, just erase those, leaving more room for other more important objects to be placed there or just leave it empty.

Actually I'm loving the picture. If the only the city size is this, I will learn and remember the city very easy.

They're fucking trees dude.

Tr4nce

Come on man. You can do better than this.

For fucks sake. Some people are never happy. When back in the day playing 'Alley Cats' and 'Aldo' I would have never even dreamed of graphics like this.

Persona86

Banned
aaaaaaaaaaand the GTAIV visuals show their face

I saw that picture and thought WOW look at that view, I can't wait to explore all that.
Some people need to stop trying to spot flaws all the time. You can't expect such a huge open world with this kind of draw distance to have amazing HD textures and run well on PS3.

Inside

-BLITZ-

Guys .. don't take it too serious because I'm not taking it myself. I'm not trying to compare to other games or to show some kind of mean response, but is like the time has stopped here and is not the first time when someone else pointed out about these when the first trailer was out. I'm saying this because of some other reason. Their engine has a large capacity left to improve them, a huge amount actually that will stay into the game unused I and really wonder why they aren't using it even now on such scale like their newest GTA V. I've done this to SA & VC and at least it gives a sense and nice aspect to things.

You can't expect such a huge open world with this kind of draw distance to have amazing HD textures and run well on PS3.

But I didn't ask for HD stuff, isn't necessary to go to such high level.

Very well made for a fake map! But I see Xbox 360 buttons there. And as the PS3 has proven to be the lead developing platform this time, I don't think they this early would have shown anything running on a 360.

There's nothing "proven" about that statement whatsoever. It could have been demoed on a PS3 as a showing of faith so that we know they're taking the port seriously and are putting all effort into getting both systems running as well as possible.

willooi

Fernando Martinez was on the disc version of Episodes From Liberty City hosting the awesome Vice City FM

OMG, John Farnham's "You're the voice" was in a GTA game?? That sucks that the radio station was only on the disc version. Early DLC purchasers missed out.

Muffdraul

But I didn't ask for HD stuff, isn't necessary to go to such high level.

I didn't ask for video games to switch from black & white to color circa 1980, but I appreciated it even though it must have impacted the CRT MHz/refresh rate. You can't stop progress, maing.

Not sure if it's been posted already. But this video was posted on GTAForums. One member went to a lot of hard work to put all the GTA art into motion. And that beat....dat beat!

[URL=" Art in Motion[/URL]

...DAT BEAT!

This is why GTAForums is great and insane at the same time. That's some good work!

Not sold on this just yet.

These kinds of games have outgrown their hardware, performance (especially on PS3 which I own) is still a big question mark.

Haven't seen any gunplay or driving gameplay yet, which were the worst parts of GTA4. Hopefully they learned something from Max Payne 3.

Muffdraul

I don't remember there being 18 wheelers in 4 or the previous games, just the truck without the trailer, is that a first?

That mission in SA where you and Catalina have to hitch the truck to the tanker trailer and take it to the guy's junkyard out in the middle of nowhere... does that count? Honestly don't know if it was an 18 wheel semi per se. I don't remember seeing big trucks like that randomly on the road, but maybe.

Top Bottom