• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

SRG01

h3ro said:
Yeah, no chance of one coming out in NA though? I think it would sell like gang-busters if it did...

Any confirmation of the 299 Pound price point?

If it was in NA, they would've announced it by now. :( Sigh.

I don't understand why North America doesn't get more bundles like this, barring the MGS4 and Motorstorm ones.

GTA IV hasn't even been rated by PEGI yet. Even Rockstar's box art doesn't have the PEGI logo yet.

I have no doubt that it will be an 18+ (it is from BBFC) but that still leads me to question the legitimacy.

Dunlop

My firewall blocks everything at work, I thought the DS3 was available in Europe or would be very shortly. Why does the bundle come with a Sixaxis?

h3ro

Wollan said:
You won't get GTA4 for free, keep dreaming :p
The reason the GT5P pack & GTA4 pack cost the same on WebHallen was because they had raised the GT5P pack cost.

No way I'm paying a single Pound for GTA... because I'm going to pay $60

(I'm a New Yorker Wollan :p )

Firewire

Banned
Dunlop said:
My firewall blocks everything at work, I thought the DS3 was available in Europe or would be very shortly. Why does the bundle come with a Sixaxis?

Sony needs a way to get rid of them!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Firewire said:
Yup!

Do you think this bundle will hit N.A?

I could imagine that it would likely, but maybe sony isn't announcing it until 2 weeks before launch.

Granted, they were completely stupid mentioning the MGS4 bundle many months before launch, so why can they do something reasonable and announce a GTA4 bundle 3-4 weeks before GTA4 is released.

I bet it is because they are betting MS will do a price drop, and they wont announce a bundle after their own "price adjustment"

Wollan

Dunlop said:
Because the DS3 won't be available in PALands shortly (May is rumored though).

Firewire

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
They haven't announced it officially in the EU yet either. They could still do a massive worldwide announcement all at once.

Sony's PR guy Scott Steinberg, is probably to busy playing golf or something!

isnt it the same price as buying the game and the system? even with a $10 savings i fail to see how this is "big" besides some pretty box art.

h3ro

LiquidMetal14 said:
Any way you can get confirmation Jim?

Don't do it Jim, every time you find out a scoop, a site like Kotaku or whatever gets the credit. (see: PSN Store region locking) :p

HOLD OUT FOR MORE! :lol

Dunlop

Wollan said:
Because the DS3 won't be available in PALands shortly (May is rumored though).

Gotcha, why the hell does Europe always get the shaft. PAL and localization I can get, but the joystick is hardware and has been available in Asia for a while so logistically it should have been easier to get them shipments before NA.

At least they have the better pubs.....:D

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
MobiusPigeon said:
isnt it the same price as buying the game and the system? even with a $10 savings i fail to see how this is "big" besides some pretty box art.

Well, for people who doesn't have a current gen console, having art on a box that sells a bazillion copies will move consoles.

Heck, they could sell this bundle above MSRP and people will buy it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Last chance MS had to create some kind of turnaround for their situation in Europe... Now we have official bundle vs retail bundle right? What the hell. I also doubt the majority of consumers here even know dlc is coming, since it's not even marketed by MS. If they handled this right, they could've made a difference, but it's obvious they pretty much fucked up royally

Firewire

Banned
h3ro said:
Don't do it Jim, every time you find out a scoop, a site like Kotaku or whatever gets the credit. (see: PSN Store region locking) :p

Jim's probably on the phone with Sony right now! :lol

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Ever since Moore left, MS doenst seem to get anything right.

Anyway looking at the way these companies are pushing GTAIV, it looks to be one of the best selling titles in the series. All they need now is some more controversy. Dwarf tossing would be a nice controversial add for fans

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
h3ro said:

When did this break?

Elios83

MobiusPigeon said:

Usually these bundles (40GB + third party big game) cost 429€, which is a 40€ saving on buying the two things separately. The GT5 Prologue bundle costs 399€ because the game is first party and it's a Prologue.

Darunia said:
Last chance MS had to create some kind of turnaround for their situation in Europe... Now we have official bundle vs retail bundle right? What the hell. I also doubt the majority of consumers here even know dlc is coming, since it's not even marketed by MS. If they handled this right, they could've made a difference, but it's obvious they pretty much fucked up royally

why market something thats an addition to something thats not even out yet? :lol "yes yes we'll sell you the steering wheel now but you can buy the whole car next year!" :lol wtf

Darunia said:
I think DLC is irrelevant right now. The analogy Houser took was that if 10 million people go to their site to view a trailer in the first 3 days. There is an audience and a word of mouth effect going on that even they couldn't prepare for.

GTA is a series notorious for it's long sales legs, when the DLC is ready.. and if it's as significant as they say. There will be a word of mouth effect, people buying the console at that point in time, will be choosing 360 over PS3. It's a long term gain for Microsoft.

Majmun

Elios83 said:
Usually these bundles (40GB + third party bug game) cost 429€, which is a 40€ saving on buying the two things separately. The GT5 Prologue bundle costs 399$ because the game is first party and it's a Prologue.

Yep. It's a terrific deal.

This bundle -if real- is going to do some massive numbers. I know quite a few people who want to buy a new console just for GTA4. And this is great value.

Mojovonio

Banned
PistolGrip said:
Ever since Moore left, MS doenst seem to get anything right.

Anyway looking at the way these companies are pushing GTAIV, it looks to be one of the best selling titles in the series. All they need now is some more controversy. Dwarf tossing would be a nice controversial add for fans

Seriously.

I don't know what the fuck Mattrick is doing, but its not helping.

There's a huge difference between MS this year and MS last year.

Oh well, they had a good run.

cedric69

If this is true MS really needs to get out of the console business, much as I've admired a lot of the things they have done.

You cannot put 50 million dollars on a game and then let stuff like this happen. You simply cannot.

I hope for them and for us that this turns out fake. For them for obvious reasons, for us because competition is good and if this were true... well, I think Sony officially could start thinking about Wii and forgetting about 360, as MS clearly wouldn't have a clue.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
When is the Dual Shock 3 scheduled to hit Europe? This bundle would be even better if it had the DS3 since R* is working so hard to get it into the PS3 version.

guidop

Darunia said:

The Arcade GTAIV and Halo 3 pack looks to be real found another site advertising it

Wollan

Visualante said:
There will be a word of mouth effect, people buying the console at that point in time, will be choosing 360 over PS3. It's a long term gain for Microsoft.
Umm.. if the consoles is in a vacuum at that time with no other games, everyone being informed, no other console functionality than gaming, Sony not advertising then yeah I could see that. Not that easy though.

Dunlop

Mojovonio said:
Seriously.

I don't know what the fuck Mattrick is doing, but its not helping.

There's a huge difference between MS this year and MS last year.

Oh well, they had a good run.

Is this even official? We are getting a little too melodramatic

Off topic -> holy shit! Charlton Heston is dead : ( RIP

Mojovonio

Banned
Its like me in the NGA tournament on Saturday.

I was getting birdies on every hold until the 10th, then a double bogey and a bogey in pretty much every hole after.

Sometimes, you just make one mistake and have a whole set of others roll out.

MS Now = Sony 2005

Dunlop said:
Is this even official? We are getting a little too melodramatic

Off topic -> holy shit! Charlton Heston is dead : ( RIP

Even if it isn't, it brings up a good discussion. No one would think that when Moore left, things would change.

But name one good thing that happened to MS since he left. One thing they did right.

John_Doe

another one from spain

ivps3bundle_redimensionar.jpg

Wollan

Dante said:
Great coup for Sony Europe. Sony has a great one two punch in the works with this and MGS4.
You mean triple punch? GT5P is #1 across Europe for second week now, fastest selling PS3 game ever, bundle doing really good.

Jim

h3ro said:

I'm bugging the few people at SCEE who have helped me out in the past. SCEA won't say shit about this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Visualante said:
I think DLC is irrelevant right now. The analogy Houser took was that if 10 million people go to their site to view a trailer in the first 3 days. There is an audience and a word of mouth effect going on that even they couldn't prepare for.

GTA is a series notorious for it's long sales legs, when the DLC is ready.. and if it's as significant as they say. There will be a word of mouth effect, people buying the console at that point in time, will be choosing 360 over PS3. It's a long term gain for Microsoft.

unless of course it sells shitloads in bundles on PS3, so people down the line buy the PS3 version so they can play multiplayer with their friends who already have it on PS3.

and surely people are just as likely to buy the 360 version at launch for the potential future DLC if they are interested in that?

Wollan said:
Umm.. if the consoles is in a vacuum at that time with no other games, no other console functionality than gaming, Sony not advertising then yeah I could see that. Not that easy though.
I'm just saying the playing field isn't as slanted as you or other's would like to make out. I am waiting to see how significant the DLC is before throwing my shit at the walls.

Hypothetically, if the DLC is significant, the word of mouth will get out. And there is a benefit for Microsoft. Anything short of a newspaper from the future can't say otherwise.
mrklaw said:
and surely people are just as likely to buy the 360 version at launch for the potential future DLC if they are interested in that?
Nobody knows about it yet, that's why I say it's irrelevant right now.

BeeDog

Wow, the melodrama. I guess the NeoGAF spirit has been the same the last month. :D People can start cheering/whining when and if it's official.

Wollan said:
Umm.. if the consoles is in a vacuum at that time with no other games, everyone being informed, no other console functionality than gaming, Sony not advertising then yeah I could see that. Not that easy though.

Sony won't be advertising GTA4 in September, presumably, is what he's saying.

John_Doe said:
another one from spain

ivps3bundle_redimensionar.jpg

Oh man, they just cut and pasted the Webhallen one!

Ranger X

Francias Castiglione said:
:lol A box you would put away in storage would beat out additional content for game?

A huge game like this packed in would drive ALOT of console sales. This would sell more PS3 than 360s. DLC will not sell 360s and while it would help sales of the 360 version, it will not help sells as much as the bundle would help the PS3 version sales.
If you couldn't figure this out already, you're missing a bit on how things works in this industry. A bundle like this could help PS3 sales so much that both version could sell just as many copies. If this bundle is not there, everybody knows the 360 version will sell alot more than the PS3 one.

Top Bottom