• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAIV PS3 Bundle in Europe?

Dunlop

BeeDog said:
Wow, the melodrama. I guess the NeoGAF spirit has been the same the last month. :D People can start cheering/whining when and if it's official.

QFT,

The "good" news is drama like this causes PR departments to get off their asses as this spreads to the gaming sites.

We should find out one way or another shortly

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
MobiusPigeon said:
why market something thats an addition to something thats not even out yet? :lol "yes yes we'll sell you the steering wheel now but you can buy the whole car next year!" :lol wtf

Well, we already know it's coming, so I don't see why they shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Additional GTA gameplay is something you should put in people's head isn't it? If you don't do it around the release of the game, it's basically pointless because you don't have anything to seperate yourself from the ps3 version. Why shouldn't they at least mention that now? Will it matter months from now when, say, europeans have chosen the ps3 version?

Draft said:
:lol

Incredible.

MS should just throw in the towel. Release NG2 and then quietly go back to operating systems and office suites.
I think they are doing just that. :lol As per on going story, MS will get back money if GTA doesn't generate more than 50 mil for MS. Realizing they will be third worldwide, now, they are waiting to get this over without investing more in ads and get as much back as possible.

Mojovonio said:
Seriously.

I don't know what the fuck Mattrick is doing, but its not helping.

There's a huge difference between MS this year and MS last year.

Oh well, they had a good run.
Everything will be released in December. Until then don't expect anything. This whole secrecy thing is doing more harm than good, I think.

neptunes

Zophar said:
I didn't know that came with GTA4 too...
I dont think SCEA wants to send mixed messages with their various SKU arrangements

MobiusPigeon said:
if MS doesnt drop the price in the US before GTA4 i will have lost all hope for them and sony deserves the 2nd place victory.
Overreact much?

Zophar

MobiusPigeon said:
if MS doesnt drop the price in the US before GTA4 i will have lost all hope for them and sony deserves the 2nd place victory.
I wouldn't go that far but I'd say we're probably not gonna see a 360 drop before the game comes out. The game drops in 3 weeks and there hasn't even been a whisper of one. Couple that with the weak US economy and it's doubtful MS is considering it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
MobiusPigeon said:

Too much hyperbole

Sony is still many units behind MS, if this bundle is released it will close the gap quite a bit, but there is still a massive gap.

Dunlop

Ranger X said:
A huge game like this packed in would drive ALOT of console sales. This would sell more PS3 than 360s. DLC will not sell 360s and while it would help sales of the 360 version, it will not help sells as much as the bundle would help the PS3 version sales.
If you couldn't figure this out already, you're missing a bit on how things works in this industry. A bundle like this could help PS3 sales so much that both version could sell just as many copies. If this bundle is not there, everybody knows the 360 version will sell alot more than the PS3 one.

I'm lost at what you are going for here. The picture on the box will sell so many units that the PS3 will now be able to sell as many copies as the 360? Not likey to happen to put it mildly. There is the $199 arcade and the DLC working for the 360, maybe more hardware units will move for the PS3 but it's not like the 360 will suddenly stop selling

Why would a bundle affect current PS3 owners? They are going to buy it or not regardless of the outcome of this.

What it does is helps Sony's momentum in Europe (specifically UK), which over time if MS does not counter will give the conclusion that you are coming to. But we are talking over a much longer period of time.

Firewire

Banned
neptunes said:
I dont think SCEA wants to send mixed messages with their various SKU arrangements

The MGS4 bundle doesn't come out till 1.5 months latter. Sony can easily make a limited GTA4 bundle if they wanted.

avaya

PS3 will overtake 360 in Europe by end of the summer. Makes sense for Rockstar to bundle on the PS3. Would have made more sense to bundle on both.

MirageDwarf said:
I think they are doing just that. :lol As per on going story, MS will get back money if GTA doesn't generate more than 50 mil for MS. Realizing they will be third worldwide, now, they are waiting to get this over without investing more in ads and get as much back as possible.

What?

So the ongoing marketing investment with Rock Band (new Stand Alone Component Commercials on National TV ending in Xbox Logo) is their last gasp?

You're saying they're not going to invest any more money in marketing GTA4? Because they're third worldwide? (When did they get beaten by PS3 LTD? I thought that was a ways off.)

I keep seeing this talking point of MS being in the ground now because they're getting trounced in every market, and yet they're still making up a huge amount of the software market.

There's no evidence whatsover that MS is no longer planning to market the game for the 360, and actually already evidence to the contrary.

BenjaminBirdie said:
What?

So the ongoing marketing investment with Rock Band (new Stand Alone Component Commercials on National TV ending in Xbox Logo) is their last gasp?

You're saying they're not going to invest any more money in marketing GTA4? Because they're third worldwide? (When did they get beaten by PS3 LTD? I thought that was a ways off.)

I keep seeing this talking point of MS being in the ground now because they're getting trounced in every market, and yet they're still making up a huge amount of the software market.

There's no evidence whatsover that MS is no longer planning to market the game for the 360, and actually already evidence to the contrary.
Wait wait. I'm just joking with MS holding everything back like they are just pulling out. That's why I put smiley and italics in "story".

But, I do believe MS will be definitely third worldwide. Even after one year lead time, Sony is catching really fast in EU/Japan and moderately good in US.

neptunes

Firewire said:
The MGS4 bundle doesn't come out till 1.5 months latter. Sony can easily make a limited GTA4 bundle if they wanted.
and using your own common sense and reasoning, how likely do you see such a thing happening?

le.phat

archnemesis said:
I found a slightly larger image.

original.jpg

Edit: I got an even larger one (3330 x 2727) if anyone is interested.

the cheaper 40gig version ey ? this bundle is going to set the charts on fire.

Shinblade

Banned
So the mass market casual gamer can now geta PS3, GTA4 and a blu ray player (as they will see it) for £299...?

Well... MS, you had an ok run.

Wollan

It won't be 299. Probably 329.
Damn WebHallen for confusing you folks :p (they raised their GT5P bundle price).

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:

I think Microsoft is just happy to increase it`s Marketshare this gen.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Shinblade said:
So the mass market casual gamer can now geta PS3, GTA4 and a blu ray player (as they will see it) for £299...?

Blu ray playback crushes DLC IMO. This is a fundamental difference between the two choices consumers will be facing come GTAIV's release.

Doc Evils

Shinblade said:

and free online to play with their mates seals the deal.

Xyphie

€449 seems like the most likely price to me. The rule of thumb for prices in Sweden is usually just adding another zero at the end of the price in Euros/Dollars.

CAVE343

Sony is on a roll lately with those bundels over here in EU. The GT5 bundle was also a very good move, this one is even better

Firewire

Banned
neptunes said:
and using your own common sense and reasoning, how likely do you see such a thing happening?

How likely was it for Europe? There was a bit of speculation on a PS3 bundle awhile back that was met with "No way in hell, MS owns GTA4"

Anything can happen. Though I'm a bit doubtful as nothing has been leaked about such a bundle in N.A.

Dunlop

How did this thread turn from

GTAIV PS3 bundle in Europe?

to

GTAIV PS3 bundle in Europe for £299

with no official links?

Hcoregamer00

Firewire said:
How likely was it for Europe? There was a bit of speculation on a PS3 bundle awhile back that was met with "No way in hell, MS owns GTA4"

Anything can happen. Though I'm a bit doubtful as nothing has been leaked about such a bundle in N.A.

It could very well be that Sony has free reign to use GTA 4 as much as they want in Europe and Japan, while in the USA they cannot do such a thing.

I am just pointing out a possibility.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Wollan said:
The biggest win here comes from the fact that Europe is just about ripe to seriously jump into next/current gen. There will be a lot of adopters going for this bundle.

Damn I thought the pictures was fake, oh well that just shows you.

Yeah with this there will be a lot of people who will jump into HD gen.

newsguy

I will use this thread to remind people that tomorrow the final round of previews (online multi) go up on the websites. New screens and info. Come back official thread.

Firewire

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
It could very well be that Sony has free reign to use GTA 4 as much as they want in Europe and Japan, while in the USA they cannot do such a thing.

I am just pointing out a possibility.

That might be the case actually, but such an agreement I think would be a stupid move on MS's part as they are already strong in N.A. they should have got the bundle exclusive to Europe!

Maybe 50 million only goes so far!

Firewire said:

If I buy a MacBook Pro, I can't walk out with an iPod too, unfortunately.

They paid $50 million for the DLC. They can't just grab whatever else they want on the way out.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
cjelly said:
I asked and no-one answered.

I think people are just jumping to conclusions.
How about reading the thread and finding out? Do we have to answer the same question asked in every single page?

Hcoregamer00

Firewire said:
That might be the case actually, but such an agreement I think would be a stupid move on MS's part as they are already strong in N.A. they should have got the bundle exclusive to Europe!

Well, if I were MS it would actually be pretty smart. After all, keeping sony from doing a bundle in the states would at the very least make the MS release sell much more.

On top of that, if they did a GTA4 bundle with a premium console, along with a price drop, then they pretty much will corner the NA market. They would essentially ensure that Sony doesn't have a chance in at least one gaming market.

[Nintex]

What the fuck is MS doing, I don't think that pricedrop helped much. Everyone is looking for a Wii or waits for GTAIV and it seems that they're missing that boat as well. Just get back Moore he would've showed the Steinberg guy who's boss.

squicken said:
Another Shane Kim miracle. The only notable 360 exclusive until November is Too Human (Part 1 lolz).
Are you talking about just in Europe or worldwide? Ninja Gaiden 2, Infinite Undiscovery and a few others should drop well before November.

Top Bottom